PvP/WvW Revenant Changes: 05/10/2022

Za Shaloc.3908

8 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Lol this garbage hammer nerfed again LMFAO holy moly. Abandon ship

😂

I was on my core mesmer with no +toughness or damage reduction. Got crit by a full booned/hp zerg rev CoR for 8k. I would imagine a minstrel build would take like 3k... to their barrier rofl. Need moar nerfs !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

Couldn't care less.

Stopped playing Vindicator 3 weeks ago; did play the entire 3 vs 3 almost exclusively as either condi Herald or power Renegade. I'm all for rising the evade cost to 150 units, since I have no plans to use the spec again at any content in the game. Completed (almost) the EoD maps running a condi Renegade and fastly returned to the much more lucrative HoT/PoF maps.

Has been 6+ months since the last time I did use hammer at WvW roaming, and ~4 years since the WvW guild I was in faded and crumbled; I never zerg since, so hammer being irrelevant feels a bit like the appendix: at best you don't notice it and at worst probably would be better if is removed.

And is not likely I play much GW2 lately: not even doing the dailies. Got over 1200 gold just farming and selling gold ore in the first month of EoD but became boring fast; now I'm sitting ~1800 gc while playing other games.

hammer rev was bad at roaming since like 2 years ago.

• Thanks 1

Im kinda happy they are trying to push hammer rev out of meta, only concern I have is, do we get something in return? if this was guard/ranger/necro subforum, I would be chilling and knowing something is comming back(rework of hammer,etc). But we live in no fun changes for the class nerfland. I understand, from dev perspective why would you put resources on least used class, if you can satisfy a lot more if you buff guard for example. But still wish.

Off topic. Why Rev cannot have sidenoder? always pushed to +1/teamfighter. 

EDIT: I dont want to be confusion emote collector, there is dedicated one. The first part of my post is about, how clunky hammer skills are, if they were reliable as necro wells or Guard symbols etc. I would not have problem, hitting 7/10 hits and remaining 3 no doing anything + now nerf. Even if Rev is now rarity in wvw squads anyway.

Edited by Catchyfx.5768
edit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 10

What was even the point of further nerfing an already slow weapon which is also the only ranged option available to all specs? Forced Engagement range nerf was already a huge indirect nerf for hammer which made CoR annoying to use, but at this point people won't even bother stepping out of CoR.

Scavenger Burst is mainly used for boons and endurance, not for damage. Likewise for Nomad's Advance which is used for mobility and not for damage. Buffing damage of utility and mobility skills instead of skills that are actually used for doing damage like Mist Unleashed and Eternity's Requiem is the most dishonest way for them to say "Look guys we aren't just doing nerfs, we buffed your damage too".

On 5/10/2022 at 9:41 PM, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Energy system is pointless and been for a while with how they 'balance' game. Much energy management booom mf cd slap on. Get rid of energy and just put regular cd's already. In fact make energy only for upkeeps tbh

It would be a lot better if they'd just change the energy system to work like the reverse of thief initiatives, no energy cost for weapon skills which would have cooldowns, and no cooldowns for utility skills which would cost energy.

Edited by Savoren.3910
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

51 minutes ago, Catchyfx.5768 said:

Off topic. Why Rev cannot have sidenoder? always pushed to +1/teamfighter. 

Because nobody plays Jalis which provides the most overall sustain with team utility. It was so much better when it didn't get nerfed repeatedly where inconsistent jank is now the only solution Anet relies on to make the legend not punish key mashers. What you have nowadays is Shiro this, Shiro that because Phase Traversal is all everyone cares about over having the ability of not being easily swatted aside.

It did make sense that Core by itself would be sufficient and provide good utility given Revenant has half and half to always commit but when it comes to balancing the real issues Anet always beat around the bush.

It would be believable that one thing they did right was not to let Core Legends be worst than elites, although it may just be because nobody played them until Shortbow was overperforming along with Speed Runes being it's own broken thing. Situation doesn't change with Herald Infuse Light, they had to nerf everything about Core (Mallyx) before actually fixing the real issue, leaving Core dead on the side of the road again. The PvE team had to make it worst by changing Forced Engagement not long ago, it is quite obvious to me that they don't play Rev to any dedicated degree.

Revenant is not accessible F2P and they keep making it worst, like as if it doesn't exist. It denies the theory of wanting people to buy the game surely but not profession favoritism or know what "incentive" means. Especially with a profession like Revenant with only so much freedom compared the others.

The last positive change that the profession ever saw was Ancient Echo, after that it was a constant drop in QoL. Never was there a change of feature that left a good impression as everything only gets worst.

To think that Saint Victor can exist with a stunbreak but Ventari can't is laughing stock.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Savoren.3910 said:

It would be a lot better if they'd just change the energy system to work like the reverse of thief initiatives, no energy cost for weapon skills which would have cooldowns, and no cooldowns for utility skills which would cost energy.

Been suggested long ago, never gonna happen. Original rev design had no cd on utilities and small cds on weapon skills which were also more utility oriented for the most part while auto was the heavy hitter. How rev works rn everyone knows

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

hammer rev was bad at roaming since like 2 years ago.

Absolutely true. But in GW2 I play Rev 80% of the time and Herald 90% of that part, so when I get tired of playing the same build, I play BAD builds for a while just to keep my sanity. So half a year ago I did roam with hammer Rev, and nowadays sometimes I run Firebrand in PvP (utterly garbage without the celestial/trailblazer stats from WvW) just because I need to change the chip for a while.

My point is: I don't care the nerfs, have been a while since I run hammer on Rev and currently I'm not playing Vindi nor care for it. Also, ended up bored of power Willbender in PvP pretty fast: so don't care about how op is, I don't play it outside condi builds for PvE/roaming.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I found it better with all the nerfs brought in the last few years, but especially the recent ones this year. I play it a bit in Pve and WvW, I completely gave up on it when I was playing it in its early days with the HoTs expansion, I switched to necro because of that, thanks Anet .....

is this a kittening joke

UPD aye, this is. They nerfed a kittenING hammer again that I forgot even existed after all these endless nerfs. At this point it reached Necro's axe lvl of meme except for it's actually backwards.
Speaking of Necros, they nerfed the sustain and condi cleanse but left Harbringer itself untouched lmfao What a kittening joke.
But yeah, Scavenger's burst damage increase, that's gonna show em Harbringer's their place ,if only weakness uptime of necros would not be almost 24/7.

I think we have an alt of Anet employee in charge of balancing decisions here boys:
Gathering data for tops to justify your bias huh

Edited by Vasdamas Anklast.1607
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 5/10/2022 at 4:57 PM, Thevaultdwellinggamer.4267 said:

If you play vindicator at any point, then you'd realize that using tree song that excessively will result in you being unable to do anything else due to how the energy system works.

Its 20 energy. But leave it to rev mains to cry about not having 1.7 cleanses per second.

• Confused 7

21 minutes ago, Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

is this a kittening joke

UPD aye, this is. They nerfed a kittenING hammer again that I forgot even existed after all these endless nerfs. At this point it reached Necro's axe lvl of meme except for it's actually backwards.
Speaking of Necros, they nerfed the sustain and condi cleanse but left Harbringer itself untouched lmfao What a kittening joke.
But yeah, Scavenger's burst damage increase, that's gonna show em Harbringer's their place ,if only weakness uptime of necros would not be almost 24/7.

I think we have Anet employee in charage of balancing decision here boys:

If you think bunker vindi was fine then I can only laugh. So many rev mains apparently dont know how to play their class.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

4 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

If you think bunker vindi was fine then I can only laugh. So many rev mains apparently dont know how to play their class.

For the record I didn't say bunker wasn't busted the way it was played but leaving Harbringer the way it is doesn't look like reasonable balancing to me.
On side note, I don't think a condi spammer has any say in determining who can play their class and who can not. (condi is confirmed to have an advantage btw lmao)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 5/11/2022 at 4:51 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Abandon the pirate ship you mean? 

Are you aware that the changes benefits mele? That means that the winner is the boon death ball: you have a zerg which wins due sheer numerical advantage.

If the numbers are similar and two of them are in the same map they usually evade the other and focus on getting undefended keeps and ganking small groups or roamers along the map. If the two zergs collide the loser one just leaves the map. Ranged meta allows smaller guilds with brain and discipline to harrash, bait and defeat larger groups. A mele oriented meta largely disables that chance. Is the opposite of competitive gameplay.

Is not like I care about it, but the changes will favour ktrains over anything. I guess that years after nerfing the rewards of Edge of the Mist is now the time to turning again the WvW borderlands in the definitive PvE experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Are you aware that the changes benefits mele? That means that the winner is the boon death ball: you have a zerg which wins due sheer numerical advantage.

If the numbers are similar and two of them are in the same map they usually evade the other and focus on getting undefended keeps and ganking small groups or roamers along the map. If the two zergs collide the loser one just leaves the map. Ranged meta allows smaller guilds with brain and discipline to harrash, bait and defeat larger groups. A mele oriented meta largely disables that chance. Is the opposite of competitive gameplay.

Is not like I care about it, but the changes will favour ktrains over anything. I guess that years after nerfing the rewards of Edge of the Mist is now the time to turning again the WvW borderlands in the definitive PvE experience.

I know that the Patch ruffled some feathers.

But it was a Joke.  He said Abandon ship. So i said abandon the pirate ship.

Jesus guys.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2