WvW Balance Patch May 10th

Xenesis.6389

On 5/14/2022 at 2:02 PM, God.2708 said:

Small groups can fight against big groups. I run a 5 man that specifically builds to break 20-25 man groups with the help of pug clouds. With 10 people we could break 35ish to maybe 40. 

LOL I would love to see your tuna can chef boyardee guild 10v30, please. 

Here's reality: you kill someone in a zerg with double your numbers, then they chase you away and just rez whoever you kill.

If you try and stop them, target cap makes it impossible. 

Next

Edited by Creativity.3816
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Creativity.3816 said:

Here's reality: you kill someone in a zerg with double your numbers, then they chase you away and just rez whoever you kill.

Next

Did... You not read the entire thing you quoted?

'with the help of pug clouds'

Fights frequently go in the form of my little group hits, generates 5-6 downs because that's how we build. We cleave them out/knock them around to stop rez skills, then get out of dodge while our pugs stop rezzes and we can reset to do it again. 2-3x and the group wipes.

Really competent groups can minimize our impact, but no one in here is whining about super skilled groups (or so they say) they just want to be able to kill 'skillless blobs'

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, God.2708 said:

Did... You not read the entire thing you quoted?

'with the help of pug clouds'

Fights frequently go in the form of my little group hits, generates 5-6 downs because that's how we build. We cleave them out/knock them around to stop rez skills, then get out of dodge while our pugs stop rezzes and we can reset to do it again. 2-3x and the group wipes.

Really competent groups can minimize our impact, but no one in here is whining about super skilled groups (or so they say) they just want to be able to kill 'skillless blobs'

sensations in the game can change quickly. I don't doubt that your organized team can generate several downs in a matter of seconds. but if then on your side you also have 10/15 players out of your team, then we are talking about a clash of 25vs30 and it is more than right that you can delete them all.

I say this because if we think about it maybe it's a good thing that 25 can still win vs 30.

if there was something broken so that 10 can systematically win vs 30 then we might see some justified complaints in the forum. and the gaming experience could be much worse.

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

sensations in the game can change quickly. I don't doubt that your organized team can generate several downs in a matter of seconds. but if then on your side you also have 10/15 players out of your team, then we are talking about a clash of 25vs30 and it is more than right that you can delete them all.

I say this because if we think about it maybe it's a good thing that 25 can still win vs 30.

if there was something broken so that 10 can systematically win vs 30 then we might see some justified complaints in the forum. and the gaming experience could be much worse.

Yes. That is the crux of my post. Winning small VS big is inherently bad for the design of the mode. The mode should either encourage big to break into smaller parts, or/and encourage more people onto the side with small.

The other crux was that damage is still plenty high and time to kill is rather short.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

On 5/16/2022 at 2:02 PM, Creativity.3816 said:

Next

30 vs 10... just need  lure and push and mash keyboard... :) 

30 have more cleanses  than 10

30 have more damage than 10

30 have more boons and boon riping than 10

30 have more aoe than 10

... unless those 30 are AIR guild :]  /runs away.. 

Still in a more serious note its possible by having some usege of the canon fodder to beat those 30, BUT that stops being 10vs 30 and its both the 10 organized player PLUS the  other VS the 30... not only the 10.

If only the 10 organized players count i think ive soloed a zerg :] cause the others 79 dindt count as well  they were just clouding and supporting only  :}

Edited by Aeolus.3615

On 5/16/2022 at 10:37 PM, mistsim.2748 said:

I started thinking about reinstalling, but I read this post and quickly remembered that ANet devs don't actually play their own game. Back to Lost Ark for me.

8 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Game died so fast on Twitch they should just call it 'Lost'.

I mean I was hyped on it once...in 2013...

be careful to name other games here, you will definitely receive ''dead game''☺️

also for our mode you will always find ''dead game'' and every night I have the screen full of red dots of dead people claiming to take my towers and castles.☺️

• Sad 1

On 5/16/2022 at 10:37 PM, mistsim.2748 said:

I started thinking about reinstalling, but I read this post and quickly remembered that ANet devs don't actually play their own game. Back to Lost Ark for me.

Lost Ark in May 2022? Is this a bad joke?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/14/2022 at 1:36 AM, DeceiverX.8361 said:

ANet designs for PvE and changes numbers for PvP.  Never the other way around.  It's why the game's been broken for years all the way back to changing Magic Find into Dire.

I agree.  They’ve had 27 chances to address issues in WvW, but PVE is always the top priority in profession design.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/18/2022 at 10:23 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Game died so fast on Twitch they should just call it 'Lost'.

I mean I was hyped on it once...in 2013...

The only thing lost here is you. LA has 40.3k viewers on Twitch currently. My buddy who's a hardcore GW2 player spent his entire morning watching people attempting the Valtan raid, wishing that ANet delivered even one ounce of that design.

GW2 never even existed on Twitch. Copium.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 5/19/2022 at 7:13 AM, Telgum.6071 said:

Lost Ark in May 2022? Is this a bad joke?

The only thing that is a joke are people still playing GW2 and coping.

The copium in this thread is food for my bitter vet soul.

Edited by mistsim.2748
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, mistsim.2748 said:

The only thing lost here is you. LA has 40.3k viewers on Twitch currently. My buddy who's a hardcore GW2 player spent his entire morning watching people attempting the Valtan raid, wishing that ANet delivered even one ounce of that design.

GW2 never even existed on Twitch. Copium.

GW2 was never marketed for Twitch--Lost Ark had an entire ad campaign with key drops KEK

2 hours ago, mistsim.2748 said:

The only thing that is a joke are people still playing GW2 and coping.

The copium in this thread is food for my bitter vet soul.

Why would you keep returning here then? It's like continuing to follow your ex on social media hoping things are gonna turnaround one day...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

So can we actually have this update reverted? 
Do they ever do that, has Anet ever admitted to being wrong? Admitting to not actually understanding wvw at all? 
They seem to do the exact opposite of what I see people actually want. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Gorem.8104 said:

So can we actually have this update reverted? 
Do they ever do that, has Anet ever admitted to being wrong? Admitting to not actually understanding wvw at all? 
They seem to do the exact opposite of what I see people actually want. 

They did with catalyst. they reverted the mesmer clone shatter and scourge flare skills. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Yaaaaaaay another night of garbage boon balling and the boon ballers avoiding each other yaaaaaaaay what delightful gameplay.

Sounds like they need to nerf range some more and give even more classes projectile hate abilities, cause that's what the wvw dev wants to focus on right? Oh they better just actually disallow Spellbreakers entirely from even entering wvw, can't have any type of anti-boon ball ability too. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Sounds like they need to nerf range some more and give even more classes projectile hate abilities, cause that's what the wvw dev wants to focus on right? Oh they better just actually disallow Spellbreakers entirely from even entering wvw, can't have any type of anti-boon ball ability too. 

Theres actually alot of anti range in game players just dont use it cause they stack boons or damage utils, ive seen large groups getting demolished by  single target skills or similiar skills and i havent seen 1 player dropping a reflect... all they do is get squishier and try to outdamage enemies while being more squishier they to get down way faster... IDK what to think about most gw2 players, their adaptation is to find a gimmick to sustain with no damage or power creep solution, rather than try to use  their utilities... 

Warrior is in awfull state atm in favour for range single/aoe classes,  also the Spellbreaker dome nerf was not called to.... i bet anet will buff necro ....

i havent seen one EOD warrior wall never in WVW LOL..... and game is pure range gameplay, besides the only melee class is Reaper...

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 2

balance got way worse with this patch, making guardian and engi specs stronger than they already are. I just had a 15min fight versus a 6man group that was so tanky that 10-15random players couldnt even DOWN one of them. Ofc i dont want to play anymore after that, it was disgusting. (me in dragon gear hitting them occasionally for 1k or less). If they dont fix it, they will lose most ranged enjoyer players. The amount of projectile hate and healing  and blocking and invul and evading and dodging  (etc) and garbage gameplay wvw now can provide is shocking. So ranged only making occasional hits. Do they even get feedback or actually compete above useless-player tier in wvw? seems they dont have a clue, or have a heightened level of bias (which i didnt think was possible). blabla ele qq... well try it and lets talk. Gutting ranged with 20% nerfs are stupidly heavy handed, and uncalled for because of the stupidity mentioned above, especially with projectile hate so easily accessible. I was expecting a buff instead, or some way for dps to counter the stupidity.

Edited by Loke.1429
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Loke.1429 said:

balance got way worse with this patch, making guardian and engi specs stronger than they already are. I just had a 15min fight versus a 6man group that was so tanky that 10-15random players couldnt even DOWN one of them. Ofc i dont want to play anymore after that, it was disgusting. (me in dragon gear hitting them occasionally for 1k or less). If they dont fix it, they will lose most ranged enjoyer players. The amount of projectile hate and healing  and blocking and invul and evading and dodging  (etc) and garbage gameplay wvw now can provide is shocking. So ranged only making occasional hits. Do they even get feedback or actually compete above useless-player tier in wvw? seems they dont have a clue, or have a heightened level of bias (which i didnt think was possible). blabla ele qq... well try it and lets talk. Gutting ranged with 20% nerfs are stupidly heavy handed, and uncalled for because of the stupidity mentioned above, especially with projectile hate so easily accessible. I was expecting a buff instead, or some way for dps to counter the stupidity.

They just hired somebody who heavily favors GvG boon balls.  RIP Range. 

• Sad 2

I don't understand, if they're going to push everything to the benefit of gvg guilds, then why not create an instanced bg for gvg's instead of the world restructuring at this point, because those same people don't give a flying squirrel to about the entire wvw system as it is, they just want flat open ground and another group to beat their heads against.

Same stupidity they're trying to push organized game play more to the levels of raiding on the general public of players with their new eod map meta. Forcing casuals into the hardcore areas of the game is never a good idea.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2