Would you buy a premium voice pack to liven up your fighting and idling?

replace all of your battle grunts, yells, emote noises, ect with a new voice.  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy premium voice packs, like you buy armor skins?

• Yes, will pay!
    • No, no interest
    • interested, but would never spend gold or gems.

22 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

I suppose the Dunce cap is the opposite of the thanks emoji(trophy)
I suggest the general prohibition symbol (red circle with a red line through it)

The thumbs down button is essential and should never have been removed.  the confused emoji isn't specific enough unless there is also an emoji that means no.

Actually I would like to use the dunce cap for some of the stupid / dumb suggestions.

Edited by Blude.6812
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

Do people realize that 23% of the forum saying yes is still a significant amount of money to Anet.

Oh, yes, those 20 players should be able to fund ArenaNet for years to come.   

And this is why I brought up all of those points about forum polls.  By Post #4 we see how the poll is already inaccurate, and here, on page #3, we have someone trying to generalize the results of the inaccurate poll.

The above quote is attempting to portray 23% of the votes (which is 20 players) as 23% of the forums.  This would mean that there are only ~100 forum users.  

20 players is not representative of the forums.  It is definitely not representative of the player base.  Using any results of the poll is useless because it is useless data. (garbage in, garbage out).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Rogue.8235 said:

Oh, yes, those 20 players should be able to fund ArenaNet for years to come.   

And this is why I brought up all of those points about forum polls.  By Post #4 we see how the poll is already inaccurate, and here, on page #3, we have someone trying to generalize the results of the inaccurate poll.

The above quote is attempting to portray 23% of the votes (which is 20 players) as 23% of the forums.  This would mean that there are only ~100 forum users.  

20 players is not representative of the forums.  It is definitely not representative of the player base.  Using any results of the poll is useless because it is useless data. (garbage in, garbage out).

It wont fund anet but depending on what they charged is still as much as the jade boat sales.. I've seen two in game since it went up for sale.. two..

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, Dante.1508 said:

It wont fund anet but depending on what they charged is still as much as the jade boat sales.. I've seen two in game since it went up for sale.. two..

Ah,  so you can confirm who has or hasn't purchased the boat across the entire player base.  You've seen every single player, identified if that player did or did not purchase the skimmer skin, and have come back with your data set.  I imagine that took you a long time.

There could be no possible way there are more jade boat skins outside of the two you saw.  None.  Impossible.  You've seen them all!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Rogue.8235 said:

Ah,  so you can confirm who has or hasn't purchased the boat across the entire player base.  You've seen every single player, identified if that player did or did not purchase the skimmer skin, and have come back with your data set.  I imagine that took you a long time.

There could be no possible way there are more jade boat skins outside of the two you saw.  None.  Impossible.  You've seen them all!

I can't tell exactly no, but i know its incredible low.. I can tell the Shiro back piece sold incredibly well though as everyone is wearing it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Miss Lana.5276 said:

I'd rather resources be spent elsewhere.

I'd rather not pay for extra audio that adds nothing to the experience (and would not pay).

I prefer Engi tools skins, Ranger and Necro pet Skins and Mechanist Golem Skins.. I'd pay big gems on those.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 5/19/2022 at 9:10 AM, Zebulous.2934 said:

So, real-time strategy games often have an assistant to inform you if your resources are running low or if a unit has finished production.  In the past few years various content creators and minor celebrities have created voice packs where they replace all of the AI chatter in a game.  So even if the game is nagging you, at least it is nagging in a humorous or more pleasant voice.

Gw2 could do something similar. 
Not with cutscenes.
Just your character's emotes, and battle grunts, boon notifications, Conditions notifications, pet notifications, ect.
You could hear "Zoom! Zoom!" instead of  "I'm faster than a centaur!"
or some such.
I would expect it to just be a basic replacer: select a voice pack, then select the race and gender and that package replaces the in game voiced notifications for that combination. 
use the same voice pack for all eight race-gender combinations, if you want. Pick a voice pack that sounds like a charr, and attach it to your asuras! 
Make your Norn into a dainty professor!

I fully expect the current voice talent to voice the story missions and the NPCs

Dude I've brought this idea up so many times in the forum.

I want meme impressions of celebrity voice-overs though. Doesn't need to be the actual actors, just people impersonating those actors.

Some meme dream voiceover packs I thought of:

1. Schwarzenegger - So when you are getting hit in combat he makes those weird Arnold noises as you dodge roll around "AIEE! AGH! GAH! AIEEEAAGH!" 
  2. Sam Jackson - Your guy talks mad trash to opponents while attacking, curse words incorporated.
  3. Actual Cat Noises - To put on your Char. It hisses at things and makes all the other weird noises that house cats make.
  4. Actual Lion Noises - To put on your Char. This wouldn't even be funny it would just be really cool. They originally made actual lion noises in GW1 anyway. Was way better that way.
  5. A compilation of famous hollywood meme sound effects like the wilhelm scream (5) Wilhelm Scream - Sound Effect - YouTube just cram them all into one weird voiceover.
  6. Chris Rock - Just one line, when you get one-shot by a boss mechanic it makes a clap noise and your guy says: "OH WOW" and then the rest of your voiceover is normal.
Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Where will you draw the line once they start commercializing customization? There are games that used to be great, but now they are mere cash grabbers (like CS:GO). I wouldn't want that to happen to GW2.

All character customization should be available to everybody for free (or at least through in-game endeavors, like achievements).

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I'd have liked the character slot cap to be lifted to 90+ years ago. If that (which presumably would cost them a Heck of a lot less to do than voices) didn't even happen in years, I think whether it'd be nice or not, it's not even close enough to be a pipe dream. 

Edited by Emberfoot.6847
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Where will you draw the line once they start commercializing customization? ...

All character customization should be available to everybody for free (or at least through in-game endeavors, like achievements).

The thing is, the game has no subscription, and I really like that. But if they relied solely, on a steady stream of new players buying the expansions then GW2 would have to become a pyramid scheme to stay funded.

Placing a donation button in the ui wouldn't work. I will happily pay for new skins and new content.  I don't casually make donations.  I require an incentive, a pretty or useful incentive, in order to donate to a game.

You might argue that the incentive is that the game continues to exist. I would reply that I need an immediate, interesting, reward.  There is a satisfaction in acquisition.

Voice packs are simply another thing I would be willing to "donate" money for.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

The thing is, the game has no subscription, and I really like that.

Neither has CS:GO. Eight years ago, it was all about the fun. They introduced weapon skins and time-limited, so-called operations: you would buy a pass for each operation, which would come with co-op missions, new maps and "achievements", so to speak, as well as new loot boxes.

It was fun at first, but it didn't take long to become less about the game and more about valuable drops that people would sell for real money on third party websites (or even gamble with those skins). Nowadays, when you open the game, your screen is filled with loot box ads and what not. I hardly recognize it anymore.

They've added character skins, which I totally support as there are finally female ones you can pick, but prices are insane, as are prices for operations -- they used to be around 6 bucks, now they are more than twice that expensive with less fun contents (IMO).

My point being: there is a thin line between a healthy and an unhealthy amount of paid content. Once players become accustomed to paying for character customization in GW2, you can expect a gradual increase of customization options becoming only available through paid methods, which can ultimately kill the game.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I just wanted to add: as much as I'd love voice customization, I'd like to remind the OP that it would be pointless to have it added as Gem Store packs as the lines of story dialogue would still be spoken by the same voice actors. I wouldn't pay to just have combat voice lines and the like customized.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Southerncarl.2740 said:

Stop giving them ideas for the cash shop lol. They can just add it in the game if that's what people want not everything has to go on that god awful cash shop.

Money is what drives the company to keep the game around, the promise of more money is what it takes to get something implemented in the game.  I don't mind "donating" to the cash shop to get custom things.  It really does support the game.  They can only realistically sell so many expansions. The cash shop is essential if they are to avoid charging a subscription fee.  I prefer that they never charge a subscription fee.

• Confused 1