Thoughts on Weaver for PvP?

Aodlop.1907

I don't see it discussed a lot. I feel unkillable with a lot of room for mistakes while playing my Weaver.

With the talents being 2 charges of on-demand barrier, 2 charges of dodge, you normal two dodges, dodges baked into Sword 2 for Earth & Water, gaining barrier when using a stance skill, healing yourself for every spell cast including auto attack spam while kiting, and the healing/protection provided by Water & Earth stance, perma swiftness...

Like yeah, the spec is technically harder to learn than most, but once you're used to the flow of the spec, it feel pretty kittening broken. You just don't die with this spec.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I completely agree. Especially on basic, rotational abilities are you use often.

This leads to lots of random evades, where the evading player isn't actively paying attention and consciously dodging an important spell, but rather being lucky that the important spell is uses just as they press the rotational ability with the dodge baked into it.

• Like 1

Yeah, but...

If you main it, why bring it up while no one is talking about it?

Sneak around until we get rid of these pesky necros and guards.

You know the ranger and rev and thief are next.

Then engi again, and warrior will get it each time during the above balance passes.

So, as a person who truly hates weaver, shhhh....enjoy it while it lasts.

Edited by Crab Fear.8623
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

it's ok this meta if you kinda fully understand it

the fotm build hoppers all gonna die to you and the match quality is so bad for that to be enough for you to win the match

but once you face a harbinger that is good as you skillwise you gonna die

in high tier level gameplay vindi is just a better bunker than you are

you basically rely on enemy mistakes to win, but you'd be better playing wb, hb, spec, vind if you gonna bunk far, you gonna kill ppl faster and not die anyway

even if the level of unfun to play against is 9/10 it's gone from meta since feb 2020

• Thanks 3

I have no problem with it. The do what a side noder should do and not much else. 

They gave it active defense in the form of evades and passive defense in the form of barriers/healing. Then they balanced it by making it slow, giving it very limited CC / burst setup, and stubby range. So you will only die to it if you misplay or greed. 

It's very rare that I get frustrated at a weaver. 

• Like 1

GW2 has no real resource or time-investment mechanics to govern keen action, so historically the classes with the most buttons generally pull the most weight due to the sheer length of their rotations.  It's braindead.  This went for firebrand as well, but naturally, you can make anything outright bad if you just crank the numbers really low regardless of how many buttons the user has to press.

• Thanks 1

Weaver is still pretty strong, but sadly there is like 4 builds that simply do it better.

Weaver is king when two players are just facetanking eachother... but as soon as we go outside of that... and start to see the bigger picture of conquest... Rotations, getting +1ed, midfights....    Weaver suddenly is... not so good.

I was spam queuing Weaver prior to EoD and had really good success with it. But now... there is just to many matchups against popular classes that the weaver will just outright loose.

Sadly Weaver has seen better days. Sure you can completly dominate lower elos... sure you can have success... but as you go higher in the elo, the weaknesses begin to show. and when you have literally no chance to fight the 2or3 most played builds atm...  The build simply is not good.

And the worst part is the killpressure of Weaver... if someone knows what their doing they can kite you infinitely and there is literally nothing you can do.

You can have success with it in lower elos and unranked... but just about anything works there.

I have heard rumors that Sw/D Weaver is quite okay atm.. are you playing that?

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

it's ok this meta if you kinda fully understand it

the fotm build hoppers all gonna die to you and the match quality is so bad for that to be enough for you to win the match

but once you face a harbinger that is good as you skillwise you gonna die

in high tier level gameplay vindi is just a better bunker than you are

you basically rely on enemy mistakes to win, but you'd be better playing wb, hb, spec, vind if you gonna bunk far, you gonna kill ppl faster and not die anyway

even if the level of unfun to play against is 9/10 it's gone from meta since feb 2020

This essentially 

Hello OP I think a more appropriate title of this thread is "I hate weavers, don't you?"

Totally ok to not like a class, I understand you. The spec you've defended a lot is the Harbinger and you often post on the necro sub. I play Harb too but not frequently because I have personal issues and feel ashamed when I play it. Also, I dont use the DM trait line because it's a bit too  much already. 

Since you asked about our thoughts on weaver, here's me opening my heart about the spec:

My love for Weaver - Elementalist - Guild Wars 2 Forums

• Thanks 3

Yes weavers have sustain through abilities where they become immune to any sort of damage

Examples: arcane shield, fortify(earth shield), mist form 

But during these abilities you cannot do damage so it is the equivalent of running away.

There are other sustain abilities like:  armor of earth, and stone resonance

But these are paltry compared to the sustain of today's builds.

4 hours ago, Infinity.2876 said:

Yes weavers have sustain through abilities where they become immune to any sort of damage

Examples: arcane shield, fortify(earth shield), mist form 

But during these abilities you cannot do damage so it is the equivalent of running away.

There are other sustain abilities like:  armor of earth, and stone resonance

But these are paltry compared to the sustain of today's builds.

Not quite true.

Nope, not quite true.

Any fields or auras are still active, even when they are immune.

And, it's not just that, traits that activate on certain attunements, lol.

Edited by Crab Fear.8623

7 hours ago, Infinity.2876 said:

Hi there. Glad you are enjoying weaver. You can do damage while invuln (ex OF), just activate a skill that does pulsing damage first. Not as good as it used to be but I still play it - I have 5 weaver builds for pvp but play other duelist classes too for noding 🙂

1 hour ago, Avatar.3568 said:

It dies to warrior and slb, i think lr weaver has a better place right now than fire weaver, in this meta

When you say that they can kill weaver , are you already talking about LR? Or some specific builds for war and ranger?

I find that fireweaver deals well with ranger in general and warrior will need more condi clear than the standard builds usually have for a long 1V1.

Edited by aymnad.9023

11 minutes ago, aymnad.9023 said:

When you say that they can kill weaver , are you already talking about LR? Or some specific builds for war and ranger?

I find that fireweaver deals well with ranger in general and warrior will need more condi clear than the standard builds usually have for a long 1V1.

fireweaver shreds Ranger.