Inacessible but critical items for end game

5 hours ago, Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

Something being available on the TP is not the same as accessible. Legendaries are accessible since they can be crafted by anyone who puts in the effort; most people can't craft items like this even if they want to do so because of the multiple issues involved (and again, I used tormenting stuff but it's not the only one) .

Well I do think there's a difference between 9 gold  and 2000+ gold. When you have EoD, then you get to buy Ancient Summoning Stones from a weekly vendor that you can sell for 9 gold on the TP. You get 2 gold for simple dailies every day. I mean there are simple ways to make gold that you can buy such things with. 

So what you call inaccessible, I call lack of knowledge.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Well I do think there's a difference between 9 gold  and 2000+ gold. When you have EoD, then you get to buy Ancient Summoning Stones from a weekly vendor that you can sell for 9 gold on the TP. You get 2 gold for simple dailies every day. I mean there are simple ways to make gold that you can buy such things with. 

So what you call inaccessible, I call lack of knowledge.

The lack of knowledge part...well to be honest it is just INSANE how much currencies there are in game that can be traded at different vendors. It is just too much and people just lose track what is what and how to make use of it the best way to make gold. So google is your best friend and youtubers and streamers to learn from, but should it be that way? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, venator.8326 said:

The lack of knowledge part...well to be honest it is just INSANE how much currencies there are in game that can be traded at different vendors. It is just too much and people just lose track what is what and how to make use of it the best way to make gold. So google is your best friend and youtubers and streamers to learn from, but should it be that way? 

We can expect people to look around Arborstone when they unlock a new Mastery for Arborstone and spot the shiny new vendor(s) they unlock.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, venator.8326 said:

SWTOR has tried to reduce currencies and have succeeded for a large part. End result: boredom and content becoming irrelevant. It's all about the credits (their version of gold) now so people figure out where the best cph (credits per hour) is and go there. There is no reason the go anywhere else unless you get bored with doing the same thing over and over again but that doesn't seem to deter a lot of people.

Some people already do that here, but when you want something specific you can only get it at certain places, especially if they're account bound, like some of the dungeon runes. I think that's a good thing. It keeps content relevant.

MMOs are supposed to keep people busy for longer periods of time anyways, which means more content needs to be added regularly, but old content shouldn't be obsolete because of the masses of content that already exists. So yeah, it should be that way because game devs couldn't possibly keep up with the content demands, especially then.

People will learn over time, if you're willing. You also have a /wiki command in chat in game where you can go straight to the wiki. So for example you can type /wiki superior sigil of torment in chat and when you hit enter it will open your browser and go to the appropriate wiki page.

But if you take all that out, the game will just become boring af. 

Again, MMOs should be that way because it keeps things interesting over longer periods of time. You see the OP complains about something that costs 9 gold being too expensive. The OP could've asked how you can (easily) make more gold, but chose to complain about it instead of asking for help for a solution.

And I think that's the key issue here: people choosing to complain over asking for help.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

Something being available on the TP is not the same as accessible. Legendaries are accessible since they can be crafted by anyone who puts in the effort; most people can't craft items like this even if they want to do so because of the multiple issues involved (and again, I used tormenting stuff but it's not the only one) .

If tormenting runes are not the only one, then name other example. 

Giving us one example and saying there are many more without naming a single other one is not the best way to convince others that it is indeed a problem. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

"Some people already do that here, but when you want something specific you can only get it at certain places, especially if they're account bound, like some of the dungeon runes. I think that's a good thing. It keeps content relevant.

MMOs are supposed to keep people busy for longer periods of time anyways, which means more content needs to be added regularly, but old content shouldn't be obsolete because of the masses of content that already exists."

"Again, MMOs should be that way because it keeps things interesting over longer periods of time. You see the OP complains about something that costs 9 gold being too expensive. The OP could've asked how you can (easily) make more gold, but chose to complain about it instead of asking for help for a solution.

And I think that's the key issue here: people choosing to complain over asking for help."

Regarding the above.  Its a good thing that older content is somehow still relevant to invest time to play it, but the new content should be way way more relevant to get involved into vs older content and that seems not the case for EOD because the rewards are just bad, that means players won't be that interested replaying that part of the content because it has nothing meaningful to offer once you done the story and have unlocked you new elite-spec.  I mean the new shiny thing like a expansion that we have waited for 4-5 years should have been a BANGER but it is not sadly. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Guys, all of the abovementioned is not important. Lets focus on the real problem. When i use my obsidian flesh skill on my ele it becomes inaccesible for quite some time and i think anet should make it perma accesible! I cant even buy a few charges of it off the TP! Now thats a real problem! /sarcasmoff

Edited by soulknight.9620
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The level of facepalm in this post is almost palpable. These complaint posts are getting more and more ridiculous I swear. 

Man, I can run around all day and make 10 gold to buy the rune. What are you even talking about, inaccessible?  If you're raiding that's even easier to make 60 gold for the whole set. Just say you're entitled and want stuff given for free. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

On one hand, it's not like they're not affordable after a little bit of effort or time.  *Caveat here is 60g does take a while longer to achieve in say, WvW, than OW PvE, but that's an issue of disparity in the formats more than anything.

On the other hand, OP is correct in reference to GW2's manifesto in that all players are intended to be able to achieve all major gear milestones totally on their own without too much trouble, in all crafting disciplines.  RNG drops of what's basically legacy content is not a very good way to handle that recipe from that perspective.

From the WvW angle, we really do just need untradeable versions of all the rune/sigil types (this exists in the level 80 boxes) available from vendors in WvW for BoH.  It'd actually give people a reason to burn through the currency and play the game, and create a risk-free way to experiment with builds for what's otherwise a format with horrible raw gold acquisition rates.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

And I think that's the key issue here: people choosing to complain over asking for help.

Or making a significant attempt to solve their own problems.

Don't get me wrong, seeking assistance is not a bad thing, but completely skipping the attempt to solve the problem stage every time one runs into an obstacle to be overcome seems like an issue to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2022 at 11:18 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

The only critical item for WvW is your brain, but granted people often dont even bring that.

Searched TP for brain, couldn't find it.  Tried crafting, no recipe. Brain inaccessible.

Going back to WvW.

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

On one hand, it's not like they're not affordable after a little bit of effort or time.  *Caveat here is 60g does take a while longer to achieve in say, WvW, than OW PvE, but that's an issue of disparity in the formats more than anything.

On the other hand, OP is correct in reference to GW2's manifesto in that all players are intended to be able to achieve all major gear milestones totally on their own without too much trouble, in all crafting disciplines.  RNG drops of what's basically legacy content is not a very good way to handle that recipe from that perspective.

From the WvW angle, we really do just need untradeable versions of all the rune/sigil types (this exists in the level 80 boxes) available from vendors in WvW for BoH.  It'd actually give people a reason to burn through the currency and play the game, and create a risk-free way to experiment with builds for what's otherwise a format with horrible raw gold acquisition rates.

Most WvW runes/sigils are cheap. Energy and cleansing sigils are like a gold each, and Durability runes can be bought with WvW tokens. There are also many moderately priced runes like pack/fireworks. I guess Scholar runes are kinda expensive, but there's like a ton of alternatives to that.

The most expensive things are Cele/TB/minstrel gear but even that is not what it once was.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

15 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Or making a significant attempt to solve their own problems.

Don't get me wrong, seeking assistance is not a bad thing, but completely skipping the attempt to solve the problem stage every time one runs into an obstacle to be overcome seems like an issue to me.

You're right of course but I felt it would be a step too far for the person I was responding to 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Or….  WvW and take a little time.  🙂

2 completions of the track which is around 8-16 hours

Should be around the same for PvP. Fastest would be doing both due to the daily potions.

2 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

And while not fast exotics are available after 3 weeks for each of those for armor.  

Again, not fast, but can be done costing only time.

3 weeks?

4 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

2 completions of the track which is around 8-16 hours

Should be around the same for PvP. Fastest would be doing both due to the daily potions.

3 weeks?

Three weeks for three warlord chests.  Mostly fully stat selectable.

Them the reward tracks during that time for the triumphant armor that is also stat selectable.  May be less than three weeks, but, 8 hours a week for some people may seem insurmountable when starting.

8 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Three weeks for three warlord chests.  Mostly fully stat selectable.

Them the reward tracks during that time for the triumphant armor that is also stat selectable.  May be less than three weeks, but, 8 hours a week for some people may seem insurmountable when starting.

Just buy the helm it is only ~1g. Shoulder is 3.74g. 3 dailies would cover that