Fighting MAG for a week ruins the game mode. If only we got rewarded for defense

7 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

ppl simply play wrong against maguuma. they aren't good, they are just playing super defensive and literally blobcloud on every possible occasion.

defensive siege and defending overall is the only reason why they are functioning as they are. play more meta stuff and less random stuff, get more organized and maguuma is just another random cloud to farm

There are a bunch of us mesmers on TC that love to fight Mag on EBG when we Red.
We've named the cliff near sentry between OW and SMC - "Maguuma Falls." 
It has seen countless Mags deaths falling off that cliff.

https://imgur.com/a/z5Yo3vI

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

the "not logging in" issue is surely present. those ppters should just go to the other borders, agreed.

the issue i saw, is that we made maguuma at reset nearly ragequit but our pugs inted into them on ebg like lemmings, we still had like 2,0 k/d or more against maguuma. which obviously turned as most pugs just get farmed all day long by the huge maguuma cloud, and instead of learning of their mistakes, they repeat them

and then u hear things like "its fun"... while the one time we got our zerg fully into EBG, we farmed maguuma again and took SMC... so ye, idk it certainly is doable but ofc ppl need to try and play serious, not meme builds, and less roleplayers than fighters on EBG

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

10 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

the "not logging in" issue is surely present. those ppters should just go to the other borders, agreed.

the issue i saw, is that we made maguuma at reset nearly ragequit but our pugs inted into them on ebg like lemmings, we still had like 2,0 k/d or more against maguuma. which obviously turned as most pugs just get farmed all day long by the huge maguuma cloud, and instead of learning of their mistakes, they repeat them

and then u hear things like "its fun"... while the one time we got our zerg fully into EBG, we farmed maguuma again and took SMC... so ye, idk it certainly is doable but ofc ppl need to try and play serious, not meme builds, and less roleplayers than fighters on EBG

I wouldnt call hugging a scrapper and fb and killing 1 or 2 ppl at time that gets pulled by your mesmer farming, maybe thats an eu thing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

u need a lot of flame rams then tho, and the big cloud server have usually a lot of siege towards u - at SMC its cannons, trebs, mortars, acs - u wont get far with just camping a  ram there

technically could build ram + shieldgens and just spam /laugh (but not too much, emotespam gets u banned)

• Confused 1

The problem with countersiege is your guys have to have use it properly.  That's a big ask for derpy farmers.  Someone needs to think about dropping the siege, couple other people need to build it in under 5 - 10 seconds.  A person with a brain needs to use the siege and correctly target the defenders siege.

Basically you need to understand the game and how to play it... or just get mad and start making excuses.

20 hours ago, LetoII.3782 said:

I'd ask which server your group is on, but it doesnt matter as both bg and cd are negative kdr this week.

https://kills.werdes.net/#/matches/current/

Data sucks ik 😞

imagine assuming we talk about this week, but completely missing that there's different matchup every week hm? better go back ganking, maybe ur at least good at that. maguuma likely is the same sh#t every week, bc the way its built up kinda makes any other playstyle impossible

• Confused 1

On 6/14/2022 at 3:07 PM, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

while the one time we got our zerg fully into EBG, we farmed maguuma again and took SMC... so ye, idk it certainly is doable but ofc ppl need to try and play serious, not meme builds, and less roleplayers than fighters on EBG

is this the other play style? that sounds really fun to play!

could you please bring your zerg fully into EBG all the time so us mag players can have some fun too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, tobin.6754 said:

is this the other play style? that sounds really fun to play!

could you please bring your zerg fully into EBG all the time so us mag players can have some fun too.

your fun was to get farmed and lose t3 SMC lol.

@LetoII.3782 yeah, i realized the reading thing is too hard for you. greetings from kaineng

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

As far as I am concerned. I have never faced mag before this matchup and it's become clear to me that the only reason there winning so hard is because most servers don't take wvw that seriously. 

Most players see it as a casual game mode because you can in theory swap teams at any point and gear is not standardized.

Don't like how your server keeps losing, for a fee you can swap to a winning server. 

Can another player outwear you absolutely.

Ultimately the gamemode shouldn't be taken too seriously, but maguma does take it seriously. For some reason.

That's fine for them but the problem is there is no real balancing factor to give opponents who also play it as seriously. So you get a bunch of people who play it casually and get farmed. 

Maguma also has cheap tactics they use such as afking siege golem on camps so you can't capture them etc.

My logic is that I just don't play when up against Maguma. If they want to play like that. fine. But I don't have to participate.

I just hope alliances comes sooner rather than later that way people can just swap whenever.

Edited by Demented Lemur.7861
Meant to type more
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Demented Lemur.7861 said:

As far as I am concerned. I have never faced mag before this matchup and it's become clear to me that the only reason there winning so hard is because most servers don't take wvw that seriously. 

Most players see it as a casual game mode because you can in theory swap teams at any point and gear is not standardized.

Don't like how your server keeps losing, for a fee you can swap to a winning server. 

Can another player outwear you absolutely.

Ultimately the gamemode shouldn't be taken too seriously, but maguma does take it seriously. For some reason.

That's fine for them but the problem is there is no real balancing factor to give opponents who also play it as seriously. So you get a bunch of people who play it casually and get farmed. 

Maguma also has cheap tactics they use such as afking siege golem on camps so you can't capture them etc.

My logic is that I just don't play when up against Maguma. If they want to play like that. fine. But I don't have to participate.

I just hope alliances comes sooner rather than later that way people can just swap whenever.

Yup, BG has had them for 2 weeks now. We just let them be for the most part. Every now and then we will tag up and farm them. But, they just arent worth the time for the most part.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Demented Lemur.7861 said:

Yeah, this is the problem. There are a couple of servers like that and nobody likes to play against them, because they don't want to play like them.

I mean, for example, tactically it's smart to ehm camp supply camps and dry out the enemy's supplies, but is it fun for the rest? Not really. Most people just like to do their roaming and zerging and not think about it too much. 

So yeah, these servers figured out the best way to win, but that's actually detrimental to the mode, because most players don't really want to go to that extent. An interesting conundrum for ArenaNet.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

the first mistake u all make is that u think ppt = win, its not

next mistake, u think what maguuma does requires any tryharding or skill, that ain't the case. they kinda farming the supercasual pugs, that NA has millions of, with better coordinated ppl on spvp builds, mostly inside SMC and with the objective buffs and loads of siege... that's like idk, nothing that requires more than basic understand of the game

it's also  not "beeing good at the game" to 10v1. funny that salty mag player argue that its unfair if they fight a 30ish group (with the 50+ mag cloud + siege + statbuffs from claim) inside their objective that those pull and spike them lmfao. like wdy expect, that your bursters get free kills?

also its kinda issue that EBG just gets clogged for everyone else on certain linkings and times... this is what enable some servers this "problematic" SMC farming. it's simply inexperienced or very casual players that for whatever weird reason see more fun to mass feed than to swap to some other map

this is also why the one video of the maguuma lead is irrelevant, bc these guys probably dont feed them on real purpose. maybe some do for roleplay reasons. maybe some don't even understand that they are feeding, the population is extremly casual these days, on both EU and NA

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

On 6/21/2022 at 3:33 PM, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

the first mistake u all make is that u think ppt = win, its not

next mistake, u think what maguuma does requires any tryharding or skill, that ain't the case. they kinda farming the supercasual pugs, that NA has millions of, with better coordinated ppl on spvp builds, mostly inside SMC and with the objective buffs and loads of siege... that's like idk, nothing that requires more than basic understand of the game

it's also  not "beeing good at the game" to 10v1. funny that salty mag player argue that its unfair if they fight a 30ish group (with the 50+ mag cloud + siege + statbuffs from claim) inside their objective that those pull and spike them lmfao. like wdy expect, that your bursters get free kills?

also its kinda issue that EBG just gets clogged for everyone else on certain linkings and times... this is what enable some servers this "problematic" SMC farming. it's simply inexperienced or very casual players that for whatever weird reason see more fun to mass feed than to swap to some other map

this is also why the one video of the maguuma lead is irrelevant, bc these guys probably dont feed them on real purpose. maybe some do for roleplay reasons. maybe some don't even understand that they are feeding, the population is extremly casual these days, on both EU and NA

What game are you even playing? We barely use any siege (defensively), could care less about PPT and I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen Mag below another server in KDR.

Entertainment aside isn’t this a matchup thread or are these allowed again? Forum would be worth visiting more if those are back. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Donut.6914 said:

im on ehmry bay and experiencing maguuma for the first time and i am having fun. today in maguuma BL i had the most engaging day of wvw in a long time 

Mag BL?  That's EBG.  Wherever you think you are isn't Mag BL.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Donut.6914 said:

im on ehmry bay and experiencing maguuma for the first time and i am having fun. today in maguuma BL i had the most engaging day of wvw in a long time 

Nice facing a server that will engage in fights.  All the other servers are just feast or famine. 

Either you get nothing out of them and log off bored or they are karma training off hours and you get no fights that way too.

But like the guys above said they are super casual and won't play when fights are being provided it's too challenging they just stay offline for that week.. sad really

• Thanks 2