All Aboard the Chrono Train!

Lethion.8745

Chronomancers will be able to effectively choose to provide either quickness or alacrity based on their grandmaster trait selection and do so more easily, with increased radius and application methods that are easier to keep up with moving groups.

Dude, I can't believe they've actually listened to us. I wasn't expecting this to happen at all. I'm gonna die from happines. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Words are easy to type, however actions are hard to follow. They said the same thing about WvW being the "cornerstone" of gw2 look where that ended up. That being said actions speak louder then words, and over the past years of Mesmer updates and changes it is very clear the dev team's thoughts on us Mesmer mains.

5 minutes ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

Please not another STM trait.. especially not in the same tier. Just work on the wells but maybe they improve them this way, too.

It WILL be on the same tier since they specifically say "choose to provide either".

I'm more interested in whether AlacMirage will be nerfed and where they will add group Fury... only Virtuoso or maybe even Duelling. 

Edited by Xaylin.1860
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Lethion.8745 said:

Man... You guys are as cheerful as a graveyard. Have some faith

A nerf to Alacrity on Mirage would be a great thing imho (and I appretiate that they try to reinvigorate the theme on Chrono). 😜 Let's wait and see what the preview on friday brings.

1 hour ago, Smart College Boy.3249 said:

I always hated the AlacMirage because the alacrity was specifically limited to the staff which basically forced you to work the staff into your playstyle.

Same. Aside from Alacrity being a Chrono-thing anyway and the gameplay on Mirage being on monkey level IQ. I still wished it was connected to Dune Cloak. But this has been suggested so many times... ANet apparently doesn't agree or won't prioritize such a change. Even though the choices would make sense. IH for damage, DC for boon support and EM for selfsustain.

2 hours ago, Levetty.1279 said:

Lets see if it competes with Firebrand and Mechanist first.

For that, those should be nerfed, not Mesmers buffed. For the sake of the game 😆

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, zealex.9410 said:

I may or may not misremembering but they also said somewhere about not being tied to the final tick of the well for boons.

That certainly would be a nice change even if it requires reworking some Wells. Or they just slap Alacrity onto the Well trait and move it to GM. While I would be disappointed to have Alacrity linked to one specific Utility group this would be the easiet rework.

This is definitely something we're working on, and bit by bit we're revisiting traits and skills to get boon ranges more consistent and approachable to use.   

For example:  
Quick catalyst will have Quickness front loaded to deploying the sphere, not from sphere ticks, and will have sphere radius increased from 240 to 360.  

Chronomancer will likewise have some pain points cleaned up- no more 'last pulse' of wells and needing to shoot Tides of Time through your allies out and in.   

Shh! Don't tell Grouch I'm leaking secrets.  
You'll get all the details on Friday.

Yeah they are giving qol to mesmer wells. Based on anet dev Solar.

Edited by zealex.9410

3 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

A simple change to lost time to affect allies would do just what they said. So don't get your hopes high. 

I know this is what most likely will happen but considering that Lost Time is completely useless right now, it's still a big win IMO. Also they've talked about range and difficulty of applying Quickness which gives me hope that they might make some changes to Wells.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lethion.8745 said:

I know this is what most likely will happen but considering that Lost Time is completely useless right now, it's still a big win IMO. Also they've talked about range and difficulty of applying Quickness which gives me hope that they might make some changes to Wells.

Actually Lost Time is used in meta WvW chrono build. Some alac share to your WvW squad can be a decent buff to support chrono.