Game Update Notes Preview: Profession Skills

Rubi Bayer.8493

"Zephyr's Speed: Now additionally increases critical strike chance by 5% while attuned to air."

--      .....? It's almost as if Elementalists have FOUR different attunements that you swap between?

"Spectacular Sphere: This trait now also increases the radius of Deploy Jade Sphere from 240 to 360 in all game modes. In PvE only, it causes Deploy Jade Sphere in air attunement to additionally provide quickness and reduces all outgoing damage dealt by 10%. "

--       Not only do we now have to swap away from Empowering Auras, but also take a trait that *reduces* overall damage. Why is quick catalyst's overall damage getting nerfed so hard into the ground when all that really warrants a nerf is its burst damage?

• "Furious Burst: Now also increases the critical chance from Fury by 5%."
  •  

--       Yes that's exactly on point, increased crit chance while playing *condi* berserker is exactly what makes sense.

"Picking up a banner no longer reduces the recharge time of the skill. Instead, they can be carried around and dropped to reposition them. Picking up a banner does not grant the warrior additional skills, but they will continue to pulse their associated boons when picked up. The delay before you can pick up a dropped banner has been increased from 1 second to 3 seconds."

--         Yeah!! We all miss picking up banners *AND* making someone else be your kitten and picking up another banner for you! Now back with the new function of having no function at all when you pick it up! Seriously, literally no one is going to be playing banners on warrior ever again.

Guardian: Still getting more boons. The amount of boons that guardians give is already so absurd that these changes will literally change almost nothing in the PvE meta.

Mechanist: By far one of the easiest classes to do well on, has one of if not the best dps uptime in the game is *barely* being adjusted in the way it needs to be. Power mechanist that already deals plenty of damage is now also getting buffed, and condi mechanist players are still going to deal more damage afking or face rolling than others can do while trying their hardest on another class. Oh and get this, it's now even easier to play.

Guys, some of these changes are good; but the number of primitive changes is almost as alarming as modern American politics. Time to step up it, balance team.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

I'm still wrapping my head around some of these changes because there is a lot here and there is some bad wording in the post or in other cases completely ambiguous language.

But it seems to me like the jist of this is "We want to give everyone boons" AND "We want to make providing boons as hard as we possibly can, I hope you're all ready to count the seconds before the next skill action." Are players expected to have to stare at the boon bar incase someone extends the duration on all boons? I can't imagine in testing this that the dps of some of these builds was so high that you really had to make people waste more utility slots to up keep alacrity/quickness.

There is a difference between needing 100%BD to make upkeep easier to do and needing 100% BD to upkeep at all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think most of us agree with the fact that something was needed to be done in regards to the massive disparity in performance among players, which is a huge issue in this game when it comes to participating in more difficult content, so providing more accessibility and lowering the skill floor just a bit was definitely needed, but I don't agree with the solution. The boon system is not only flawed but uninspired and incredibly boring. They effectively created artificial class roles through boons in the most plain and boring way possible. They powercrept and overly designed themselves into a corner.

I don't like the direction the game is taking.

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Redfeather.6401 said:

The first thing I saw was a nerf to a rune I was saving up to get. 🤣

Saved me lots of time.

Rune of Sanctuary? If this change fixes all other healing that did not trigger the barrier I am happy, after acquiring two sets of them and giving up on finding the healing skills that makes it worth it.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Khenzy.9348 said:

I think most of us agree with the fact that something was needed to be done in regards to the massive disparity in performance among players, which is a huge issue in this game when it comes to participating in more difficult content, so providing more accessibility and lowering the skill floor just a bit was definitely needed, but I don't agree with the solution. The boon system is not only flawed but uninspired and incredibly boring. They effectively created artificial class roles through boons in the most plain and boring way possible. They powercrept and overly designed themselves into a corner.

I don't like the direction the game is taking.

That is basically the problem they had after removing "holy trinity" since the start of the game, even tho that trinity was not very restrictive in gw1. They made roles with boons, and it ended boring and confusing, but for endgame content, if you have no roles its even worst u know?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

They cut the barrier in half to gain the benefit of Regen being included. I rather Regen not be included at all.

they say it  applies to ALL healing over time. for example, it would apply to backpack regenerator, big boomer, Passive healing of healing signet, soothing mist, steadfast rejuvenation and alchemic vigor.  There's MANY healing over time effects that sanctuary runes ignored, not just regen. Of course if it was just to gain benefit from regen it would be a severe nerf! Honestly out of everything this is just the most tame change... it just makes it easier to know what works with sanctuary runes now (all healing, simple enough) while potentially making the runes stronger on certain professions with good healing over time effects like engineer...  

Edited by Kelvin.5390
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Hida Oni.7652 said:

did you thought that cut to 50% uptime from 100% uptime, was wat???

Nah I was so busy irate for the lack of work to fix the bloody EoD spec I didn't notice what the trait was before... So yeah not only did Virt remain unfinished/cleaned up or helped extensively in PvP like it needs.... Just got nerfed in both bc of course it did.

More and more it just appears balancing isn't done with the majority of the players enjoyment in mind... Its oddly focused on fighting elitist power creep. Like sure design things correctly so power creep isn't a factor but..  All you'll end up doing in reality is pushing away both players. Elitists who will move on to something that allows them to be OP, and average gamers who don't understand why the fun got taken away.

Just bad decision making, its literally why people leave games they've played for a decade. Swtor just did it in Feb, I heard the WoW base had the issue but never played to say first hand...

But hey frustrate all your customers by misleading them into false hope and making things less fun for most. I'm sure that works for someone just not sure who.

• Like 5

I'll put in as much effort into this post as ArenaNet did when making sure that any of the changes being made by this patch solved any issues.

pof was a net loss regarding balance for gw2

eod is statistically worse then pof regarding balance

Anybody wanna play on a Club Penguin private server instead of this game when this patch goes live? Club Penguin would be an astronomically better game than Guild Wars 2 if this patch goes live.

Edited by Hectoncheir.4210
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Unless you put it into a Guardian, Necro or Mechanist filter, then nerf = buff 

Necro? Have you read and understood the notes on Necromancer?

The change on "Death Perception" only is effectively gutting any kind of power build, specially Reaper's.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm afraid I couldn't quite spot the Untamed nor the SIGNET OF SELF-DESTRUCTION RENEWAL changes... will keep on looking.

Also, what does it even mean for Mist OFFENSIVE Potion to grant friggin Vitality??

Edited by Mayura.8251
Forgot second point
  • Like 3

No one likes them! They further consolidate power amongst a few professions. Ele nerfs have long since been a meme. Nerf them further? Mechanist strength has long been a meme, buff it further? The times I'm having fun, it's great! When I'm annoyed, yeah... I don't get how a company that produced such an awesome game can have so many decision makers who have no idea what fun is... It seems as though they don't take into account whos playing what. In WVW I rarely come across an Ele, and yeah, they're probably gonna kick my kitten if I see them, but I rarely see them. Same goes for Deadeye. You hardly see them, but when you do, watch out. That's a problem. They nerf these characters because of what the tippy top players do instead of finding some way to make them more viable for average players. These, as well as several other professions are well out of reach of average players. I don't mind being bested by a superior player, but the goal of balance should be to have my chances of getting my kitten kicked be relatively equal regardless of which profession I choose.

Edited by Phoenix.4593
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

tl;dr chronomancer gets worse, firebrand gets better. alright.

one class providing every boon in the game but no damage or heals with aegis somewhat on demand = too strong

class providing every boon in the game minus one while having A LOT of damage and/or heals with aegis on demand  = perfectly balanced.

For real, though... when will ANet hire people who actually play the game to do the balancing instead of doing arbitrary changes in hopes the game becomes balanced?

also, suggestion on how to increase player interest/retention in regards to raids: make Legendary Divinations/Insights sellable to NPCs for some gold. 

those things just stack up in your bank/inventory once you're done with the legendary ring/armor. 

just bring back old signet of inspiration at least. yes, it was a dumb strong skill back then, but given the power creep that was added to the game, it would've been a pretty fair skill right now.

ALSO, STAFF WEAVER. IT DID AS MUCH DAMAGE AS SOME OF THE CURRENT ELITE SPECS BUT REQUIRED 10 TIMES MORE SKILL TO ACTUALLY PLAY THAT THING, FOR LYSSA'S SAKE.

Edited by LeopFolkner.2369
adding more rant to it because once again ANet is destroying my favorite class which is already unplayable in pve content.
  • Like 10
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Hida Oni.7652 said:

i always feel frustrated, when devs instead of buffing weak skills and classes (to make everyone ~at same level), just nerf the crap out of everyone who doing ok,  making everyone derpy kitten  in term of efficiency

except they're buffing firebrand again. one of, if not the single most overpowered classes in the game. and the class that basically loses nothing to go from a pure damage dealer/healer to a boon provider that's also doing damage/healing. not to mention it can do above average damage+perma quickness and every offensive boon + protection + regen while also healing with celestial gear. now it's getting the only nerf it's gotten in the past 2 years reversed.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, LeopFolkner.2369 said:

except they're buffing firebrand again. one of, if not the single most overpowered classes in the game. and the class that basically loses nothing to go from a pure damage dealer/healer to a boon provider that's also doing damage/healing. not to mention it can do above average damage+perma quickness and every offensive boon + protection + regen while also healing with celestial gear. now it's getting the only nerf it's gotten in the past 2 years reversed.

aand, i didn't mention ham as well, because this two are garbage (i mean this two are already mandatory and required by everyone in raids) and didnt get weaker, only stronger while already being on top.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1