Please revert jump shot animation

White Kitsunee.4620

The old animation made your Mech disappear from time to time due to being "in the air". Which also deleted all boons from the Mech and sometimes it was so buggy, that Mech did even not appear anymore after landing. Haven't observed this issue with new animation. 

Edited by Forestnator.6298
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, Arolandis.8360 said:

If they do, I hope they keep the scream my character used to do removed. I'm fine with any animation it has, I just couldn't stand that kitten scream every time.

Yes, that was the reason I shelved my male sylvari engineer, he screamed like his innards exploded every time I used Jump Shot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

On 6/28/2022 at 9:20 PM, White Kitsunee.4620 said:

It looks really silly. The old animation was fine.

I disagree, the new one is pretty cool and drastically smoother, at least for charr, not sure what it's like on other races, something about a giant cat doing like 2 front flips then stomping is quite satisfying.

That being said however, the animation occassionally stalls for a brief moment.

Edited by Stalima.5490
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

I've actually been seeing issues where it almost catapults you into orbit in certain cases, not sure of the cause of that one.

Same. It happens when you use it right in front of a small ledge, most of the times at point blank range. Some nice work from Anet on these new trash animations.

3 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

I've actually been seeing issues where it almost catapults you into orbit in certain cases, not sure of the cause of that one.

Have the same issue in some raids and fractals. Around 2-3 seconds lost while staying in mid air.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, absolutely warranted, old animation was completely fine, even iconic with the scream, now it causes a delay mid air, the character literally needs to finish all the flips before landing, so u can't use it at point blank with the enemy, used to do so to benefit from 2 blasts, but now u can't, since u'll be suspended in the air for a while before landing again, which is equivalent to being CC'd and the enemy will just hit u like a pinata, it also became completely useless in zero gravity environment (cannot use it at all in shattered observatory fractal) the delay becomes even longer, u r basically stun locked mid air, old 1 was fine, please set it back as it was, thank you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1