WvW and Legendary items Hidden behind currency

4 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

My father died in a car crash last week, everything is going so well for me, you're right....

If you are being serious right now, you need to be taking time for yourself, not arguing with me on the internet. I know everyone grieves differently, but I guarantee you this is not going to make you feel better. I'm sorry for your loss, give yourself some room to rest, please, not this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

6 hours ago, Voltekka.2375 said:

-"I want that thing!"

-"Then do what is required to get it, as others before you did!"

-"NO! THAT IS 1000000% UNFAIR!"

*logic abates*

Said father sending his son to forest to hunt, after said son explained that maybe trying to domesticate some cattle might let the food be more easily acquirable, and without so much potential danger.

(if we truly followed that "it has always been this way, so it should stay this way" way of thinking, we would have no progress at all)

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Said father sending his son to forest to hunt, after said son explained that maybe trying to domesticate some cattle might let the food be more easily acquirable, and without so much potential danger.

(if we truly followed that "it has always been this way, so it should stay this way" way of thinking, we would have no progress at all)

Your analogy will be more accurate if  "Said father sending his son... ...so much potential danger. But refused to domesticate the cattle. Just wants to sit back and eat the steak without working for it."

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

More like...

Son: I want money!

Dad: Ok, then do something to get it.

Son: But I don't want to do anything, I just want the reward money!

Dad: Right, good luck with that.

Astralporing: OMG Mr. Dad! You're stopping humanity from progressing! 🧐

(we're not following "it has always been this way!", we're following "if you want the ingame reward, do what's required to get the reward. And no, it's evidently not too much effort")

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

33 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

(we're not following "it has always been this way!", we're following "if you want the ingame reward, do what's required to get the reward. And no, it's evidently not too much effort")

No, we're following the "the reward has always been obtained that way, so it is illogical for it to ever change". Which is exactly the approach i mentioned earlier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

12 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

No, we're following the "the reward has always been obtained that way, so it is illogical for it to ever change". Which is exactly the approach i mentioned earlier.

Nope, we're following: "want the reward, complete the content. And no, it's clearly not too hard/long/w/e".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

What is being requested is not progress. 

• Like 2

GATHER ROUND MY LOYAL SUBJECTS.
maybe BOTH of you have a point.

How?
well YES that ting should stay in WvW no doubt, but the OP has also a point that there should be two legendary rings avilable from PvE only.

so instead of demanding the old leg ring to be obtainable via pve as well....just make a new ring. and better yet make WvW AND PvP versions of the other trinkets as well.

OPTIONS, PEOPLE. OPTIONS!
With more trinkets anet could also deploy more eye kitten inducing effects that would not work as infusion or other particle effects.
But seriously why can't we have BOTH? a no/little effect WvW trinket set, a PvP set as well Next to our already existing PvE trinkets.

This could be even extended so far to say that there should be TWO different PvE legendary sets. one through raids and faster and one that takes even longer than WvW. i heard this from a person who recently finished HT CM.
but take this last one as a mere bonus suggestion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ShroomOneUp.6913 said:

GATHER ROUND MY LOYAL SUBJECTS.
maybe BOTH of you have a point.

How?
well YES that ting should stay in WvW no doubt, but the OP has also a point that there should be two legendary rings avilable from PvE only.

so instead of demanding the old leg ring to be obtainable via pve as well....just make a new ring. and better yet make WvW AND PvP versions of the other trinkets as well.

OPTIONS, PEOPLE. OPTIONS!
With more trinkets anet could also deploy more eye kitten inducing effects that would not work as infusion or other particle effects.
But seriously why can't we have BOTH? a no/little effect WvW trinket set, a PvP set as well Next to our already existing PvE trinkets.

This could be even extended so far to say that there should be TWO different PvE legendary sets. one through raids and faster and one that takes even longer than WvW. i heard this from a person who recently finished HT CM.
but take this last one as a mere bonus suggestion.

Ofcourse put the second ring behind EoD strike CMs good idea Mr mushroom

• Confused 1

Actually, I didn't know you could only get 1 pve ring. Maybe that could be the subject of the next living story?

They should introduce new accessories for the missing slots. WvW/PvP should get earrings too. And PvP should get rings.

On the other hand I mean living story gives so much ascended jewellery that it is kind of a moot point.

As a side note, I don't really see what's the problem with addressing WvW rewards in general. I mean, sure, OP doesn't deserve Conflux, but still. I mean, for those of you that don't main WvW, are those rewards really adequate compared to time spent? I finish Diamond pretty much every week and I could easily see why people like the OP would be annoyed.

Also 7 weeks to me is not really an issue. But you do have to devote a sigifigant amount of time per work too, if you are to do it in 7 weeks. Especially true if your rank isn't very high.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

Nah, WvW need better rewards/reward structure, but playing the mode eficiently should still be necessary.

I made two Confluxes last week and i saw how disconnected the reward structure is, needed 3.700 Tickets to make two of them (i do a lot of Fractals so i got the ascended rings there), and last week after a loooooong time i finally got it, had everything set, the 10 Gifts of Battle, everything for the two Mystic Tributes, etc, but then i looked at my Memory of Battles, and i had only 2k, while you need 3.500 total for two rings, so it was either another 10 weeks of farming (probably more) or forking 350g to buy the rest, so i had to spend the gold, it's so bad, specially because this doesn't happen on other game modes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

Nah, WvW need better rewards/reward structure, but playing the mode eficiently should still be necessary.

Well, that's the other problem. There's no real way to play efficiently to get pips faster, besides tagging up.

Granted, a solution to this is a bit hard to think of.

On 7/5/2022 at 2:56 AM, Labjax.2465 said:

If you are being serious right now, you need to be taking time for yourself, not arguing with me on the internet. I know everyone grieves differently, but I guarantee you this is not going to make you feel better. I'm sorry for your loss, give yourself some room to rest, please, not this.

Last i checked GW2 is taking time for yourself.. its a game.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Confused 1

On 6/30/2022 at 8:35 PM, Stajan.4581 said:

OK ANET need to fix what is required to make the legendary ring Conflux, you put it behind the longest waiting map currency in the game. You need a total of 2600 skirmish tickets to make conflux. Well guess what some people do not enjoy playing part of this game like it is a god kitten job, and with all the Rifle Mech crap that is going around on WvW it is impossible to even get close to getting those numbers. At present with the 2600 tickets needed at max chests you will need to full complete 7.1 weeks in a row. This is 1,000,000% unfair to anyone who wants to have conflux but does not enjoy WvW at all. You need to fix this, if you want to keep conflux hidden behind the skirmish tickets than make them so you can sell them on the TP.  The same thing can be said for PvP. Some players just do not like those parts of the game and should not be penalized for not wanting to do them.   Please fix this over sight, and either one make the tickets able to be sold on the TP or give a second currency that can be used to make the ring and either or situation works just as well.......While your at it really really really look hard at the Mech they are all over the place and they need to be fixed the rifle is just WAY to OP.

What we really need, is a second PVE legendary ring... 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/4/2022 at 10:42 PM, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's the sunk cost fallacy, but with the added laughable lack of justification in the fact that ANet could turn around and make this all free to everybody tomorrow and nobody would have lost anything of actual, real-world value.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1