Return our second dodge and fix mesmers!

Veprovina.4876

7 minutes ago, Gesbo.6420 said:

Ye boys we finally got the dodge but the change still feels kitten as it could have been a change that could have come 3 years ago... right now after 3 years it feels like yet another lazy change... 

Details please?

I assume you're talking about the stream, but i didn't see it.

So I'm glad they removed that aspect of dodging while CC but at the same time it is simply worse then a normal dodge. Normal dodge arent affected by chill/cripple while mirage is because you wont be able to get out of an AOE fast enough after you stun break. I rather them just give us a normal dodge and replace jaunt for something else instead of splitting our dodges to 2 different things and calling it a new mechanic. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Normal dodges don't let you use powerful skills while dodging. As long as ambushes exist and work as they do, Mirage's dodges will always be stronger than normal dodges.

Being able to dodge while CC'd was never a fair mechanic.

Edited by Skyroar.2974
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 6

Just now, Skyroar.2974 said:

Normal dodges don't let you use powerful skills while dodging. As long as ambushes exist and work as they do, Mirage's dodges will always be stronger than normal dodges.

Powerful skills as in...the whole purpose of a dodge is to evade incoming attacks which is less then 1 second. I rather lose that 1 second of being able to throw a skill which is most likely an auto then being hit by a strong AoE attack

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Skyroar.2974 said:

Being able to dodge while CC'd was never a fair mechanic.

That used to be the case, but since then, they have nerfed "powerful" ambushes.

Still, i'm reserving judgement til i try it out. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I'm actually rather happy with the change. It has always been a bit ridiculous that we can dodge while CCed. Weather it now needs some further tweaking remains to be seen. But I definitely prefer the second dodge over the ability to dodge while stunned.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

I mostly like the changes. I guess they made the choice to sacrifice uniqueness for balance. Mirage is likely back on the table for PvP and WvW. Probably not meta tier but definitely not trashcan tier anymore.

Edited by Exciton.8942
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I don’t know why staff mirage is constantly picked on. We just had an alacrity nerf to the point where we had to take more ritualist gear over vipers gear and I get it seeing as though it’s supposed to be a support and DPS class at the same time. That right there was a DPS nerf, so I have no idea why bleeding and torment now need to be reduced in order to further decrease the DPS from this staff mirage. Leave it alone for kittens sake. If the issue is still with staxe,, then you need to figure it out without ruining the mirage staff/staff. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SaffronCity.3402 said:

I don’t know why staff mirage is constantly picked on. We just had an alacrity nerf to the point where we had to take more ritualist gear over vipers gear and I get it seeing as though it’s supposed to be a support and DPS class at the same time. That right there was a DPS nerf, so I have no idea why bleeding and torment now need to be reduced in order to further decrease the DPS from this staff mirage. Leave it alone for kittens sake. If the issue is still with staxe,, then you need to figure it out without ruining the mirage staff/staff. 

exactly. i dont know why they keep nerfing staff. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, SaffronCity.3402 said:

I think the issue is wth PvP/WvW. They halfed the damge because the number of dodges has doubled. Which is stupid of course, they could make the dps nerf competitive only.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ascii.1369 said:

I think the issue is wth PvP/WvW. They halfed the damge because the number of dodges has doubled. Which is stupid of course, they could make the dps nerf competitive only.

I agree! Easy fix. Heck I’d say keep the pve mirage cloak too. So what if we can dodge while cced in pve? It just all needs to make sense but they don’t rationalize anything…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SaffronCity.3402 said:

I agree! Easy fix. Heck I’d say keep the pve mirage cloak too. So what if we can dodge while cced in pve? It just all needs to make sense but they don’t rationalize anything…

i think its just extra work for them. and extra work is bad.. right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The funny thing is if they don’t like work then simply don’t make work by continually nerfing the same thing and just leave it alone. Lol I guess we are just expected to all be virtuosos 

2 minutes ago, Adonaj.7932 said:

i think its just extra work for them. and extra work is bad.. right?

Just now, SaffronCity.3402 said:

The funny thing is if they don’t like work then simply don’t make work by continually nerfing the same thing and just leave it alone. Lol I guess we are just expected to all be virtuosos 

well they need to sell more copies of eod 😄

• Haha 1