All the best players play mechanist...

AliamRationem.5172

As I anticipated, Anet stuck to implementing their revealed changes with no changes to the LI build and a relevant focus on the support builds. 

It also gives Anet time to see how these changes impact usage of mechanist before the Oct patch to see if additional changes are necessary, which is a sound approach. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

It is the base barrier from mech who has been nerfed , halfed , ratio from healing stat not , so play as Ham and you will see it is more like -25% barrier . This nerf was more ment for alac/dps mecha , having a class who give alac , 25 might , fury and pulse decent barrier while dealing good chunk of damage was not ok . Think of it the same as scourge , scourge had a pretty decent barrier generation with no trade off in his build , mecha had the same.

Now if you want a decent barrier generator , you ll have to invest points in healing, dont forget you have 2 passiv source of barrier generator , mace AA , and mech pulsing auto every 3secs . And 2 toggle abilty to pulse them , f3 and the sigil , even with a 260 pulse its pretty good for a non healing buiuld .

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, zaswer.5246 said:

alac rene does decent dmg, but thats it, mech does decent dmg, gives stab, aegis, power and barrier, also the mech dmg is half the pj and half the robot, so you can go do mecs or evade things and the robit will still do dmg, while rene, being decent, isnt even close, its cc is better but only if you use staff, wich drops your dmg to hell, you only give alac, and power and stab are there but power is a bit meh by itself, while for stab you need dwarf and swaping legends is more bothersome than just spam skill of cd.

maybe power wise theyre similar, but mech brings more things as a suport.

The robot thing is good on expan release and all that, but were months into the expan and most people already came back to "optimization" the best in slot, and fb and mech arent the 2 best, most used, and meta defining classes for nothing.

You used those words, Meta Defining, must be a Ele nerf on the way.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

You used those words, Meta Defining, must be a Ele nerf on the way.

my ele has never seen the light of day, no realy i have her on the aerodrome bank XD.

But yeah i kind of said those words for a reason, they nerfed cata because they said it was meta defining, while i dont know about how much thats true, i know fireband mecha has been seen everywere, low li groups, 1k li groups, speedrunners, everywere, thats what i think when meta defining comes to play, builds that are everywere because theyre just sooo easy and soo good that you dont even think about bringing something else.

Just look the lfg, how many 2 fb 2 mecs 6 dps can you find?  while the cata i think was more of a gimmick for elite players than anything else.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

32% of ppl in raids now (34% in strikes) , so ppl believe that with the nerf less ham are playing ? or that mech is perfectly fine ? haha .

1 player out of 3  in raids and strikes plays mech , because it is fun maybe ? No it's busted ! Anet patched a lot of others class with a variety of numbers modificator and cd reduction , they dont get it ! it's a the full mechanics of those classes that need to be reviewed , it's not because my water trident is now on a 10 sec cd that i will play healtempest .... i still need to switch attunement to give boons , then i have less healing , mechanist has his mech who take care of all boons while you heal it's a duo , like a support + a healer ... what can even get close to that ?

Those numbers are an aberration ! https://gw2wingman.nevermindcreations.de/popularity plz anet do something , or the only class you will have to care about is mech , cause no one gonna play something else if it goes on ...

26% to 32% wow !!! gj anet , 95% of the buffs you gave to other class , in that regard , were useless.

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

Yea I also felt ingame that there are only mechs. Yesterday during the Raid+Strike Fullclear i hat 6-7 Mechs in every single squad. PMech is such an overperforming monstrosity (all dmg ranged and therefore in nearly every encounter the go-to top dps-class):. Looking at wingman just confirms the movement from Guild Wars to Mech Wars 2.

I have to agree, something has to be done because this state  is not fun, especially for new (Steam) players which can not change their class (to mech) with a few clicks.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Karagee.6830 said:

This game-destroying profession needs to go in the bin and the dev responsible needs to be assigned to something else. Like coffee duty or something.

And if he does a nice coffee he can get a promotion ! Toilet paper replacer . And never let this dev touch the game again , or next e-spec for engi is gonna be called "the swarm" : you have 3 little mechas , one heals , one give boons and one deals damage , i wouldnt be surprised and aberration like that sees the day ...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

And if he does a nice coffee he can get a promotion ! Toilet paper replacer . And never let this dev touch the game again , or next e-spec for engi is gonna be called "the swarm" : you have 3 little mechas , one heals , one give boons and one deals damage , i wouldnt be surprised and aberration like that sees the day ...

Don't give them ideas... 😑

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

That's not far off from old Scrapper actually. 

6 minutes ago, WhimsicalPacifist.2943 said:

Chose to join the dark side.  My Ele main has been deemed "Meta-Defining" a few too many times.  Now seeking easier profession that I can play and eat a pizza one-handed with.  Mechanist seems like a fine choice and it seems 31.88% agree too.  Maybe I'll pick up Firebrand as a backup plan.

You can eat a pizza, vacuum your room, clean your toilet, do your taxes while playing the mech. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Not jealous, just accepting what reality gives me.  Unfortunately, I must warn that every single MMO class I have mained has always gotten nerfed hard.

LoTRO:  Warden (tank nerfed 10 years ago and still not taken for its main role of tanking)
SWTOR:  Agent and Sorceror
GW2:  Ele  (many nerfs done before the PvP/PvE splits still linger)
ESO:  Vampire Nightblade (multiple nerfs on the same character, Vampire still sucks (badly))

I am a Jonah and my presence as an Ele main has doomed it to endless nerfs.  For the sake of Ele, I must sacrifice myself!  Anyone else who might be a Jonah for Ele should also join the Mech side.

Edited by WhimsicalPacifist.2943
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

Kill power mech and bring rifle holo back. You do the world a favor in getting rid of all those mechs and golems.

Tbh the power traitline already has so many random burns that they should just make it a condi traitline, get rid of stat inheritence on the traits, and make Mecha a Condi elite spec.

The rifle build dies. Support and Condi mecha live on, and can be better balanced with more traits to work with. Holo becomes the o to for power dps, and Scrapper becomes the tankier less damaging alternative. 

Also make the heal skill work on med Kit. And make it work underwater and we guuchi. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Tbh the power traitline already has so many random burns that they should just make it a condi traitline, get rid of stat inheritence on the traits, and make Mecha a Condi elite spec.

The rifle build dies. Support and Condi mecha live on, and can be better balanced with more traits to work with. Holo becomes the o to for power dps, and Scrapper becomes the tankier less damaging alternative. 

Also make the heal skill work on med Kit. And make it work underwater and we guuchi. 

Fair enough. I like it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/10/2022 at 5:29 AM, Angesombre.4630 said:

Instead of asking for nerfs I'm for asking for an up of the others I'd be happy to get back half of what I lost with my revenant.

Up to everything else would make people roll on everything way too easily.

Unless you mean improving AA damage while nerfing other damage abilities so bad players don't do 1/10 the DPS of top players (but 1/5) ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/27/2022 at 8:08 PM, Kuma.1503 said:

That's not far off from old Scrapper actually. 

Didnt remind scrapper having a gyro dealing 12k alone 😁, ... nah kidding i see what you ment there

Rifle mech learning his rotation https://www.facebook.com/ImagineCargo/videos/where-is-the-any-key/2065534400341635/

Edited by zeyeti.8347

21 hours ago, Lysico.4906 said:

The jealousy of the non mech players is mind boggling.    

Thats not called jealousy , thats called having eyes working very well , dont mean you are blind but maybe a bit mind blinded 😁.

33% of players choosing it , is serious balance issue , i literally stopped getting mad about that , i just play it now and i can enjoy , making some food , laundry and stuff while playing this game who requires a one button keyboard called raid shadow legen... euh i mean hero wars... hah no still not that ... how is it called .. ah yes guild wars 2, sorry , my mind got a little bit slow , must be because i learned my rifle mech rotation , was pretty though ... pfiuuu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1