10th Anniversary predictions

ANet probably didn’t anticipate the mega-hype regarding The 10th and, not having prepared anything special beforehand, will provide a lengthy blog/news post on the history of the game, how they never expected it to be so successful, and now here’s some rewards (which will be totally unspecial, because they didn’t anticipate The 10th’s hype, or because they’re always cheapo with rewards).

What do you think we’ll get on The 10th?

Edited by lezbefriends.7516
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

I swear i've seen a exact duplicate of this post before(?), but anyways guessing from the radio silence and 20% sales, there'll be a ton of hype, and then instead of a 40% sale they'll do a 10th anniversary 40% 10% off sale with our luck. 

Edited by Sunchaser.9854
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Idk. As much as I criticism what BW did to SWTOR as a game, they had some really good sales for their 10th anniversary. So far, it's looking like this game's sales are going to be a big nothing. They already effectively wasted 3 of the best options for big sales with a stingy 20% off, so it's not looking great. What is an overpriced microtransaction at 20% off? Still overpriced as it turns out. Even 50%, still overpriced, but at least they could try to pretend like there's value with bigger discounts.

"Honey, it's our anniversary! I got you some flowers. 20% off, they were on sale!"
"Wow, thanks!"

"So you only have to pay me 80% of their cost."

"WHAT?"

It's weird how it's like that. Anniversary another way for them to get more money lol.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

11 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Oh you mean wishful thinking thread, yea thats not hype its copium coupled with unrelealistic expectations. 

Well for the 10th birthday I want a selectable legendary weapon, to make that wish realistic I'm fine even if it's acc bound, but I won't settle for anything less u.u

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Ive been shopping at the local grocery store longer than Ive been playing GW2, should I whine about not getting "special" gifts on the 10th anniversary of moving to the area?

This is a product I paid for. It delivers upon its advertised content. As long as that is the case I continue to play. Some of the more recent changes do have me considering that decision in a new light but I don't need or expect some mind blowing treat for the fact that I bought a product and still use it ten years later. Honestly, these days, products that continue to be usable after ten years of daily use seem like a rarity. 

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, AnClar.1304 said:

How about a selection of 10th Anniversary titles for toons that have made it this far:

"Old AF"

"What is this IRL you speak of???"

"Wait! I'm moving as fast as I can!"

"I should have made a left turn at Lion's Arch"

This would actually be amazing, best anniversary reward yet

I was skeptical about the usefulness of the ninth year gift cake feast but it has proven to be extremely useful, free shareable food buff that's not half bad. (+40 to all stats, +10% karma, +15% magic find and experience from kills.) Hopefully they'll make something similar for this year, perhaps universal utility consumable with infinite uses.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Zaraki.5784 said:

a selectable legendary weapon

At this point it would make more sense to give out a special 10th anniversary legendary armor set. Weapons are, for the most part, already available on the TP while most players don't have legendary armor nor a path to it through the content they actually engage with.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

At this point it would make more sense to give out a special 10th anniversary legendary armor set. Weapons are, for the most part, already available on the TP while most players don't have legendary armor nor a path to it through the content they actually engage with.

Well 1 legendary armor part a year for 6 years 18  yearsif you want all weights, I can live with that.

Whats the downside really.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

I'm not holding my breath lol the last few years have i'm sorry to say sucked. Kinda worthless.

4 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

......I really only want a funny title, and maybe a unique weapon skin. Don't quite get people asking for legendaries.

We've played the game for a decade through thick and thin, good and bad, i understand the legendary quotes.. I don't think we will get one. but i understand it.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Confused 1