Mount skin????

4 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

It's available in game. The tweet says it's a choice of any pre-EoD mount skin.

That's going to be a tough choice for me, especially now there's a select licence for the original mount adoption licence, so those aren't the obvious choices any more.

• Like 1

Just now, Danikat.8537 said:

That's going to be a tough choice for me, especially now there's a select licence for the original mount adoption licence, so those aren't the obvious choices any more.

As someone who has never, and will likely never, buy a skin, it's going to be a hard choice for me as well. So many options!

It's a really neat 10th anniversary gift.

• Like 3

I dont see why you have to have path of fire to claim it tho, use sure but not claim.

Edit

And here I thought I would be able to get branded skyscale, beetle or griffon.

But no apparently they are not a pre eod mount skin.

Edited by Linken.6345

Free and Heroic accounts cannot claim (or gift) the voucher.

It does not include the premium skins (ones sold individually for 1600 - 2000 gems), or ones from the themed packs like the branded raptor, springer, skimmer, jackal and griffon, but does include matching ones from licences like the branded roller beetle.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, zuulsol.9236 said:

I don't agree with it, but EoD only players cannot buy any mount skins from the gem store. So no freebies as well!

Nothing wrong with just claiming.

Can't be used unless you purchase PoF. Players can just keep in bank for future use if they decide to upgrade later. It's an anniversary gift and should be gifted to all who are currently playing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Free and Heroic accounts cannot claim (or gift) the voucher.

It does not include the premium skins (ones sold individually for 1600 - 2000 gems), or ones from the themed packs like the branded raptor, springer, skimmer, jackal and griffon, but does include matching ones from licences like the branded roller beetle.

So, “all” pre EoD Mount skins except a TON they just decided to not include? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

There are still plenty to choose from 

I understand, and I’m super happy they did this! Really, I didn’t want to complain, I want to just be happy and enjoy it. But explicitly saying in no uncertain terms than absolutely ALL pre EoD mounts are included and then leaving out DOZENS is a straight up lie. An outright deception for what? Why even do that?

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

55 minutes ago, Fenom.9457 said:

I understand, and I’m super happy they did this! Really, I didn’t want to complain, I want to just be happy and enjoy it. But explicitly saying in no uncertain terms than absolutely ALL pre EoD mounts are included and then leaving out DOZENS is a straight up lie. An outright deception for what? Why even do that?

It was a mistake and miscommunication. So what? It can happen, no one got harmed. why now be toxic after we got a free mount skin? 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Fenom.9457 said:

An outright deception for what? Why even do that?

This is your clue, right here. There's no possible reason they would have for putting up a "deception" about a free item for less than an hour and then pulling it and backtracking.

What we saw here was an absurd communication failure between the people who chose and set up the freebie and the marketing people who create the tweets. No ill intent, just a systems failure that will no doubt occupy ArenaNet members with debrief meetings for most of next week.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Fenom.9457 said:

Miscommunications happen. If the person who decided on the gift and the person in charge of social media communications are one and the same, then you can call it a lie. Even then, mistakes occur. How often have we posted something on this forum and then edited it because that wasn't exactly what we meant?

If they had ignored the mistake, then perhaps you can accuse them of it. But they acknowledged their error, apologized and changed the message .

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, Fenom.9457 said:

In this particular case I am inclined to believe that it was a communication or understanding failure between different departments or individuals in the company. There have been times where communication was clearly intended to misinform, this doesnt seem like one of them to me.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

It was a mistake and miscommunication. So what? It can happen, no one got harmed. why now be toxic after we got a free mount skin? What a terrible attitude 

I’m saying it’s more than a tiny mistake that’s a terrible slip up. I’m not trying to be toxic just saying maybe it needs to be looked at if something like THAT can happen on accident lol

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Fenom.9457 said:

I’m saying it’s more than a tiny mistake that’s a terrible slip up. I’m not trying to be toxic just saying maybe it needs to be looked at if something like THAT can happen on accident lol

I'm confident they will. There's no way this doesn't lead to a lot of "How did this happen, and how can we do things differently" meeting in ANet's near future.

I'm not saying it'll never happen again, but I'm sure it will get "looked at".

Edited by Gibson.4036

3 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

License doesn't seem to be giftable for any account or did I miss something?

You always have to buy expansions with real money and not with gems. Otherwise I'd probably try to get the record for craziest person with most GW2 accounts. :classic_tongue:

You can of course just buy a code from a retailer and use it as gift for someone.

Considering the price of mount select vouchers and the usual 50% discount of PoF/HoT licenses, it basically means you pay 30€ whether you wait for a sale and buy a separate mount select voucher or pay full price now to claim the free mount skin. :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by TheWaternymphHC.1847

9 minutes ago, TheWaternymphHC.1847 said:

You always have to buy expansions with real money and not with gems. Otherwise I'd probably try to get the record for craziest person with most GW2 accounts. :classic_tongue:

You can of course just buy a code from a retailer and use it as gift for someone.

Considering the price of mount select vouchers and the usual 50% discount of PoF/HoT licenses, it basically means you pay 30€ whether you wait for a sale and buy a separate mount select voucher or pay full price now to claim the free mount skin. :classic_rolleyes:

I think I misunderstood your initial post. I thought you were saying that the players are able to gift the free licence to other player/account (but to do that, they needed an expansion). Meanwhile you were probably saying "gift" as a "gift from anet to the player" 😛

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1