Lack of post-EoD content

Zekent.3652

20 minutes ago, Blocki.4931 said:

Talking about employee numbers like they are all devs....

This is why I avoid the forums for over a year now and only come back to read some patchnotes occasionally.

Yeah. Reading some of these replies assuming all the employees are devs, it really makes you wonder if these people has ever work in a big company before.

Assuming 300 employees, how many are in managements, accounting, sales, customer service, etc. And of those who are Devs, not all will be doing the same job: from story, coders, graphics, sounds, testers, and whatever else that are involved in making new contents. Not to mention those who are tasked with post released-fixes and tweaks.

300 is a very small number to operate such a game efficiently.

Complaining about the lack of new contents and at the same time, talking about the releases being rushed? Hmmm.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I just finished up with the last remaining EoD achievements I still had open last week, I did the Decade achievements, there were festivals, too, LWS1 releases, plus we have a clear roadmap of what's to come.

I don't think that's a lack of content, to be honest. Of course I am looking forward to new stories, but a little patience is required.

P.S. DX11 still has bugs, like the "light switch" issue, and Alliances hardly count as content.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, Blocki.4931 said:

Talking about employee numbers like they are all devs....

Literally, no.

3 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

Yeah. Reading some of these replies assuming all the employees are devs

? No

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I just finished up with the last remaining EoD achievements I still had open last week, I did the Decade achievements, there were festivals, too, LWS1 releases, plus we have a clear roadmap of what's to come.

Please don't compare a recycled LS1 chapter to a new LS6 chapter. And yeah, we hope the new roadmap comes with good things.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 9/7/2022 at 8:39 AM, Urud.4925 said:

LW1 was old content, lore-wise, but they are developing it from scratch again, you can't call it a "recycled" content. People wanted it, and they gave it to us (after many years of delay).

I'm at 39k AP and I still have a lot of things to catch up. Maybe you played the game longer than me and completed everything already, so I would understand it. But most of the players still have more than enough to spend their time on, especially now that ArenaNet opened to few new players. It's also fine to take a break for a bit, if you're bored, eh.

this,

im near 32k ap, and completing the LS1 achievs atm, and pilling some stuff for when aurene leg. jormag variant arrive.

1 hour ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

? No

No what? You didn't assume all 300 are Devs? Then how many? And of those, how many do you think can work on making new contents, aside from what they are currently involved in and what they had done? It's only been 6 months since EoD release. There's only so many man-hours available.

And of those who are Devs, not all will be doing the same job: from story, coders, graphics, sounds, testers, and whatever else that are involved in making new contents. Not to mention those who are tasked with post released-fixes and tweaks.

Of course, all of us would love to see lots more, like LW6 right now with new Cantha maps. But that's being very unrealistic.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

30 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Please stop putting words in my mouth. :classic_rolleyes:

I mentioned the roadmap, which includes LWS6, and nowhere did I compare it to "a recycled Season 1."

I’m a little out of the loop. I did have a quick scan, but do you have the link that has the roadmap specifically mentioning LS6 so I can catch up?

31 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I’m a little out of the loop. I did have a quick scan, but do you have the link that has the roadmap specifically mentioning LS6 so I can catch up?

Although not specifically referring to LW S6, I recall somewhere that there will be new story and maps for Cantha. To me, that would implied LW S6 for the releases since EoD story has concluded.

EDIT:

From Blog Post on March 22, 2022: ArenaNet Studio Update: The Future of Guild Wars 2

Finally, we’re happy to confirm that we’re working on the next story update for Guild Wars 2, including a new map set in the Cantha region. The story (and how we tell it) can go in so many interesting directions now that the Elder Dragon threat is addressed!

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Thanks 1

I would consider CMs new content in the same way that other games release hard mode versions of existing dungeons and the like. Not truly new, but new enough to count IMO. An annual festival or two and rerelease of a nearly decade old story chapter do not feel like new content to me. So, I am playing strikes, over and over, and working on my wvw rank...on the same maps, sans alliances or reward improvements, while waiting for actual new content. I don't spend money on a game under these circumstances.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Confused 4

20 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

Although not specifically referring to LW S6, I recall somewhere that there will be new story and maps for Cantha. To me, that would implied LW S6 for the releases since EoD story has concluded.

EDIT:

From Blog Post on March 22, 2022: ArenaNet Studio Update: The Future of Guild Wars 2

Yeah I know about the new map and there being a story for that map, but I’ve seen a couple of people refer to ls6 as confirmed. I thought I’d missed an announcement about it, but if it’s just the map and story, then I haven’t missed anything new.

• Like 1

Re-releasing LS1 is litteraly the best thing for me in the game atm.

I missed these chapters, sure i watched the compliation movie and have played all the fractals which a lot of ls1 had been turned into, but neither of those things let you get the ap, or the skins. Or actually PLAY THE GAME.

Maybe it isn't as exiting and a whole new story but it is patching a gapeing wound that has been in gw2 for way to long, and the release cadence has been pretty good.

GW2 isn't an mmo that only the most recent content is valid for end game, litteraly everything from orr onwards is lvl 80 content. Go out and get achieves. Open the side story section of the achievement panel and look at doing those questlines.

Or worst case senario, play another game. Nothing is lost not playing gw2 and logging back when the new release is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Davros.9823 said:

Or worst case senario, play another game. Nothing is lost not playing gw2

Agreed. The best solution is to spend one's disposable income elsewhere and maybe return here at a later point if investing yourself in another game doesn't create a preference for spending your limited play time there instead.

8 hours ago, sokeenoppa.5384 said:

It is, but it was not called like that.

Think assassins creed series for example, AC Brotherhood was the 3rd game, but game called AC3 was released way later.

So next lws can be called lws5, lws6 or with whatever name.

The next - if exists - would be Season 6. IBS was Season 5. It is also the second season to have a title name.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sokeenoppa.5384 said:

So next lws can be called lws5, lws6 or with whatever name.

As others had mentioned, IBS is Living World S5. The next LW has to be LW S6, regardless of it having a name attached to it or not.

For reference: Living World . In addition, Living World Return specifically includes IBS as the season after LW S4.

15 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

It is also the second season to have a title name.

AFAIK, IBS is the only named season.

14 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

As others had mentioned, IBS is Living World S5. The next LW has to be LW S6, regardless of it having a name attached to it or not.

For reference: Living World . In addition, Living World Return specifically includes IBS as the season after LW S4.

AFAIK, IBS is the only named season.

LS1 is also titled as Scarlet’s War, albeit it is used more interchangeably than in Icebrood Saga/Season 5

Edited by Randulf.7614

Yeah, no major MMO goes this long without a single content update. I don't consider anything they've added content because they intentionally remove all rewards when adding LS1 episodes(lol).

The game was "farm drizzlewood" before EoD, and is still "farm drizzlewood" after, that's unacceptable.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

Yeah, no major MMO goes this long without a single content update. I don't consider anything they've added content because they intentionally remove all rewards when adding LS1 episodes(lol).

The game was "farm drizzlewood" before EoD, and is still "farm drizzlewood" after, that's unacceptable.

Well, it what the community seemed to want with all of the threads crying "We want S1 !"   and  "We want Cantha!"   and  "We want Steam!" 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

The game can't be farm drizzlewood since I play daily and hardly ever farm Drizzlewood. I don't think most players focus on gold per hour as their main source of what and how they play.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Well, it what the community seemed to want with all of the threads crying "We want S1 !"   and  "We want Cantha!"   and  "We want Steam!" 

I think the community was more like "These are probably good ideas.  Now where is my new content?"  Ultimately it is what it is.  People are going to maintain a level of interest appropriate to what is being delivered.  For established players, post-EoD has barely delivered anything.  LS1, strike CMs, steam.  It's mostly focused on attracting and retaining new players by patching holes that previously existed in the game's content.

• Confused 1