W vs W Numbers balancing.

jgeezz.7832

Guild Wars 2 is a great game it has the best pvp areas with in a game I have ever played. I like that it take skills to do really well in WvW and PvP areas. What I do not understand is why servers have not been combined and the number of players is not looked. The population of the servers has to be off/incorrect. If are the game is not do well and player have let how can it say servers are full when there is no one in the game or playing in areas. Can't the dev's do something merge the active players servers. I say the because my server always gets over whelmed by MAG server every time we play them its gotten worse since the last time I deiced to pick the game back up. The decline in players has to have affected their server as well but it does not look like it from W vs W point of view. Which has to be wrong or that server is using bots and if people say bots are not real than how can they have such a high showing in W vs. W. I understand that not everyone plays W vs. W but these seems a bit odd and should be to anyone looking at how the decline for GW2 has gone down. Your company did layoff over 100 dev's, so either you are lying that you are losing money or you just do not care which is what most every players says when it comes to balancing W vs. W.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, jgeezz.7832 said:

like today a full zerg 30+ players at 5pm Central time but no there are no bots in the game

Not everyone follows the zerg. Especially on EBG, where 1/3rd of the population are afk.

WvW has been in steep decline for years. It's had almost 0 attention and only just appears to have been assigned a dedicated dev in the past 6 months -- before that, aeons ago.

For years the devs have been planning to basically "merge" servers with "world restructuring", where matchups are primarily based on guilds. There's been 4 (pretty rubbish) betas over the past 12 months, so maybe in ~18 months we'll have something more concrete. In the mean time: WvW is what it is. The same maps, bugs, balance issues, and lack of dev attention...

Yet still the real end-game in GW2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

by the time they get around to world "For years the devs have been planning to basically "merge" servers with "world restructuring", where matchups are primarily based on guilds. There's been 4 (pretty rubbish) betas over the past 12 months, so maybe in ~18 months we'll have something more concrete. In the mean time: WvW is what it is. The same maps, bugs, balance issues, and lack of dev attention..."

there will be a zero player base on all servers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Anet in it's infinite wisdom allowed F2P accounts into WvW, so nowadays a large percentage of the WvW population has 2-3-4+ alt accounts. If matchup A sucks, they just swap to their alt accounts for matchup B, C, or D. So it might feel like you have a full server one week, then empty the next week. Reduce the ability of F2P accounts to play in WvW (say after the first 100 hours) and you'll get a much better feel for whether or not your server is actually "empty".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

MAG, server cheats by using bots and hacks in W VS W. Everyone says the same rhetoric that they do not and they do not hack. Even when guild wars 2 came out there was no time when a server had a full zerg at 10 am in the morning Yet MAG has done more than once I just would like arnet to either admit they cheat and or do something.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, jgeezz.7832 said:

MAG, server cheats by using bots and hacks in W VS W. Everyone says the same rhetoric that they do not and they do not hack. Even when guild wars 2 came out there was no time when a server had a full zerg at 10 am in the morning Yet MAG has done more than once I just would like arnet to either admit they cheat and or do something.

So..

Every server has people that hack.  Mag isn’t the issue.  It seems to be for you because you are facing then

Mag doesn’t have Zergs:  they have a cloud.  And there is always ones playing on EbG because that’s the only place most on Mag will bother going.  Try a different BL.

And ummm..  What makes you think Anet would say a whole server is cheating?  When it’s factually wrong?

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

THIS is why they need to balance WvW

Sea of Sorrows 766 

Henge of Denravi 1,520

Maguuma 3,939

they daily Skimish Dettails

Maguuma 12,383

Henge of Denravi  3,144

Sea of Sorrows 2518

But all I ever hear form every is that it's balanced and linking is the reason, any middle school can look at those numbers and see that the only two who are ever close to each other are the bottom 2. Now if it were balanced than there would be a 2k or 3k gap between the bottom and the top. 

• Confused 3

3 minutes ago, jgeezz.7832 said:

Sea of Sorrows 766 

Henge of Denravi 1,520

Maguuma 3,939

Maguuma 12,383

Henge of Denravi  3,144

Sea of Sorrows 2518

But all I ever hear form every is that it's balanced and linking is the reason, any middle school can look at those numbers and see that the only two who are ever close to each other are the bottom 2. Now if it were balanced than there would be a 2k or 3k gap between the bottom and the top. 

If SoS is doing that poorly it’s because they are tanking.  They just booted BG out of T1.  

So, those scores mean jack.

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, jgeezz.7832 said:

Sea of Sorrows 766 

Henge of Denravi 1,520

Maguuma 3,939

Maguuma 12,383

Henge of Denravi  3,144

Sea of Sorrows 2518

The score is currently 56 vs 51 vs 49 (Mag vs SoS vs HoD). Mag and SoS are tied at getting 1st in 6 skirmishes each, wheras HoD has only won 2.

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2022 at 10:18 AM, jgeezz.7832 said:

MAG, server cheats by using bots and hacks in W VS W. Everyone says the same rhetoric that they do not and they do not hack.

I used to think complainers were whining about skilled players but it's true. I've watched mag cheat. They are skilled players, no doubt. But they use those same skills to hide their cheats.

On 9/8/2022 at 12:01 AM, jgeezz.7832 said:

Guild Wars 2 is a great game it has the best pvp areas with in a game I have ever played. I like that it take skills to do really well in WvW and PvP areas. What I do not understand is why servers have not been combined and the number of players is not looked. The population of the servers has to be off/incorrect. If are the game is not do well and player have let how can it say servers are full when there is no one in the game or playing in areas. Can't the dev's do something merge the active players servers. I say the because my server always gets over whelmed by MAG server every time we play them its gotten worse since the last time I deiced to pick the game back up. The decline in players has to have affected their server as well but it does not look like it from W vs W point of view. Which has to be wrong or that server is using bots and if people say bots are not real than how can they have such a high showing in W vs. W. I understand that not everyone plays W vs. W but these seems a bit odd and should be to anyone looking at how the decline for GW2 has gone down. Your company did layoff over 100 dev's, so either you are lying that you are losing money or you just do not care which is what most every players says when it comes to balancing W vs. W.

u do not understand a lot of things i fear.

first, Wvw is in a rather bad stand currently. the balance compared to 2019 is horrible and doesn't fit for the way that the classes have been designed

about your Maguuma... they are pretty bad players, sorry to say. our group had only very few times the option to get to EBG, and we farmed them with 25 ppl. the whole blobsized cloud + their siege, inside their precious big shiny,  idk. nothing impressive to see there. they kinda abuse the casual state of the gamemode. those that could fight them often are either bored of their superpassive turtlemode playstyle or cannot get in any useful size on the map, as EBG is the map with the most queues on every server

however, i am quite sure that there's nearly no bots inWvw.  bots in gw2 have rather clear patterns. they'd act absolute goofy. and most people will respond to thing that u type or do, unless they lag, are afk or whatever

if u hear people talking about "bots", we usually refer to rally-bots, which are players who play very reckless, don't do dmg but eat enemy bombs and therefore rather help the enemy by rallying their downed

9 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

I used to think complainers were whining about skilled players but it's true. I've watched mag cheat. They are skilled players, no doubt. But they use those same skills to hide their cheats.

well, hate to say that, but many servers have some of these people. be it random flying ones, random perma teleporting or speedhacks.

or the wonderful self-res'er. (downstate player, suddenly pops the "invuln" boon icon from spawn while lying around openfield and just handreses himself while u try to cleave him. i saw a ton of these over the years and i fall always again for them)

Edited by kamikharzeeh.8016
added tingy

First off, Mag has always been a problem child so that's a none starter. But the core of the topic should be the continual string along of a new and better wvw experience. How many years have we endured the threat of revamping wvw, of redoing population balance and alliances? We've had 3 betas? All have failed miserably.

You're not going to get far on these forums with these complaints.  Mathematically, you either need to raise the number of players or reduce the number of maps they're divided among.   But the karma gatherers don't want to fight other people, so they're happy with the status quo in regards to population, and they'll cry bloody murder if you take away off-maps forcing them to actually face people for their dailies.

Yes, there's a core of people who actually like wvw and want fights, but the more vocal population screams if you try to take their free stuff.