Things kinda meh for new players

I tried to play as new user (with an herotic edition)

PvE

• Some quests bug if one of the npc that is supposed to follow you die  and you dont care so keep going, at some point the quest get stuck even if you ress him/her/whatever. Theres no exit istance you have alt+f4 or change char.
  • The raptor time is too short, also the timer go down in pvp/wvw 🤦‍♂️
  • Almost all event mobs die too fast you cant even get a hit.
  •  

PvP

• I did pvp maybe 10 times total in years, now i tried and i dont see any difference with my main (elites apart) 👍
  •  

WvW aka why (insert some deity name here) ,  WRRRRRYYYYY ??!?

This, is crap 🤦‍♂️

1. You can enter wvw at lvl 31 but you have almost no skills VS in PvP you have all.
  2. You see ppl all around with a warclaw dashing around at 9001 km/h, the time you get to the swords all ended.
  3. You are a new player so dont know about the gliders, follow the ppl jumping down and die. 🤦‍♂️
  4. Due your crappy equip you get hit by trucks while you do lolwut damage VS no need for equip in PvP.

So as new player pve and pvp aint that bad but wvw lul 🤣

Basically you: enter > run > die > run back > die >  run again >  die > leave.

And come back maybe a year later when you need something for legg crafting then scream in chat when done and leave again.

Pro tips that you gonna ignore but i have time to waste:

1. The warclaw should be the permanent mount for ftp  (no one will buy the expac only for that)
  2. The glider should be unlocked in wvw even for ftp (no one will buy the expac only for that)
  3. The skills in wvw should be unlocked like in PvP, is dumb that the level scale at 80 but you dont have any skill.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 20
  • Sad 2

Perhaps the best solution is that WvW should only be unlocked at level 80?

We're fairly new players and have generally been enjoying PvE. Our only real complaint has being that the open world gets too easy, it's hard staying in zones where you are slightly underleveled, particularly with the new Character Achievement Guide doling out XP like it's candy.

We haven't tried WvW or PvP tho.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

We're fairly new players and have generally been enjoying PvE. Our only real complaint has being that the open world gets too easy, it's hard staying in zones where you are slightly underleveled, particularly with the new Character Achievement Guide doling out XP like it's candy.

Just move to higher level zones. You can go to zones six even seven levels above your level and play. No reason to be bored.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, chronometria.3708 said:

Warclaw is barely faster than swiftness in wvw. If fights are over before you get to them, it may be that your character lacks a run speed bonus from runes or traits.

Not to mention lots of people have the Warclaw mastery that allows nearby players to run at Warclaw speed. If you're playing with a zerg and you're not getting that buff, you are doing something wrong indeed.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

You see ppl all around with a warclaw dashing around at 9001 km/h, the time you get to the swords all ended.

Warclaw isn't faster than running on foot with swiftness

10 hours ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

You are a new player so dont know about the gliders, follow the ppl jumping down and die.

Maybe they should first level up and learn more about the game?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, chronometria.3708 said:

Warclaw is barely faster than swiftness in wvw. If fights are over before you get to them, it may be that your character lacks a run speed bonus from runes or traits.

Depends on where you are. Based on what I could find about warclaw speed on wiki and some research done by a player sourced on there, it's 16% faster than swiftness, more if you include the warclaw movement skill. Now apparently movement speed for it is somewhat slower in enemy territory (assuming that information is up to date) so in some areas, you would be able to keep up more easily, but it would be easy to get way behind in friendly territory.

And I know for a fact when I did WvW before getting warclaw, I was struggling to keep up even with swiftness and dagger ele movement skills on a regular basis.

So basically... you and others spreading misinformation about warclaw need to recheck your sources.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

11 hours ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

PvE

• Some quests bug if one of the npc that is supposed to follow you die  and you dont care so keep going, at some point the quest get stuck even if you ress him/her/whatever. Theres no exit istance you have alt+f4 or change char.

Just relog and you're out of the instance.

10 hours ago, chronometria.3708 said:

Warclaw speed is ~450 in wvw and run speed out of combat with swiftness is ~390

So you can run with them for a while until they dash then さようなら 👋

And even with the share speed at some point i was left behind due the 2x dash/evade

1 hour ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

Maybe they should first level up and learn more about the game?

Well i remember i died the first time after i got the glider cuz i didnt knew that it dont work on enemy land 😂

4 hours ago, Tiamat.8254 said:

Best thing about this post, the word "herotic". 

lul 🤦‍♂️

4 hours ago, Tiamat.8254 said:

I don't understand your need to alt+f4. How does this fix anything?

The only way to exit a quest instance is relog or go back to the char selection, they should put some restart and/or exit button

11 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

Why lock one of the game mode to lvl 80?

I mean pve is ok because is how it work, start from 0 and build up manwhile in pvp you start with lvl 80 + all skills/traits unlocked and armor/weapon are just skin.

WvW is supposed to be a mass PvP but you get the lvl scaled to 80 and then?

Same skills/traits you have unlocked in pve ? Also same crappy equip ? In a mass PvP zone ?

🤨

• Confused 3

28 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

WvW is combination PvE + PvP.  That's why.

Yeah but imagine a new player that unlock wvw at lvl 31 and go try it thinking is a mass pvp:

Get 2 shotted by anything even npcs because you have one traitline also potato equip

You hit for rofl damage because you have one traitline also potato equip

A rolling potato is faster because you dont have permaswift/runes/warclaw

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

Warclaw speed is ~450 in wvw and run speed out of combat with swiftness is ~390

So you can run with them for a while until they dash then さようなら 👋

And even with the share speed at some point i was left behind due the 2x dash/evade

Well i remember i died the first time after i got the glider cuz i didnt knew that it dont work on enemy land 😂

lul 🤦‍♂️

The only way to exit a quest instance is relog or go back to the char selection, they should put some restart and/or exit button

Why lock one of the game mode to lvl 80?

I mean pve is ok because is how it work, start from 0 and build up manwhile in pvp you start with lvl 80 + all skills/traits unlocked and armor/weapon are just skin.

WvW is supposed to be a mass PvP but you get the lvl scaled to 80 and then?

Same skills/traits you have unlocked in pve ? Also same crappy equip ? In a mass PvP zone ?

🤨

You do know that your crapy equipment is boosted to 80 level equipment too right?

27 minutes ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

Yeah but imagine a new player that unlock wvw at lvl 31 and go try it thinking is a mass pvp:

Get 2 shotted by anything even npcs because you have one traitline also potato equip

You hit for rofl damage because you have one traitline also potato equip

A rolling potato is faster because you dont have permaswift/runes/warclaw

And yea this dont happen I play with lvl 16, 21,27 and 61 on my alt accounts 4 ranger highest guardian and they are not 2 shotted by npcs.

Edit

Maybe play as a low level in wvw before you make up stuff in your head.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

You do know that your crapy equipment is boosted to 80 level equipment too right?

Wait you can get cele/marauder/minstrel/trailbrsdghs stats with potato equip too ?

Why i did made the legg then 😮

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Maybe play as a low level in wvw before you make up stuff in your head.

I played for 3h with an engi i tried to do the same as my main but nope got hit by 3k even by autoattacks.

At lvl 34:

1 Skill trait full

1 Spec trait (missing the last)

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

16 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

OW in core is rather easy, some times too easy. Particularly if you are boosted to 80 etc and being scaled down to level. HoT and much of LW and PoF can provide some better challenges but its all more or less meant to be survivable for solo play too outside some events, champs, bounties, etc. That said, pve has very challenging content but much is instanced and requires 5-10+ people or are large events like world bosses, and the HoT/PoF/LW meta events.

WvW is meant to be played at 80 with exotic or better gear, however, it is or used to be possible to get experience levels in wvw. When the game started out 10 yr ago wvw was actualy an ok place to power level in the centaur and skrit camp areas to the north and also if you could survive in a zerg and tag kills. These days with Tomes of Knowledge, boosts, etc I think its a thing of the past. Another reason it may be allowed before level 80 is for Guild Missions. Some people who may not yet have an 80 would be unable to join the rest of the group for any wvw Guild Missions otherwise. As you said thought, its probably best to stay out of WvW untill 80.

As for PvP the characters level doesnt count each toon is given lvl 80 and uses special pvp only amulets and stuff for stats and any especs the tune would be capable of using are fully unlocked while inside sPvP loby and matches. So that you can try any time.

17 minutes ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

Wait you can get cele/marauder/minstrel/trailbrsdghs stats with potato equip too ?

Why i did made the legg then 😮

I played for 3h with an engi i tried to do the same as my main but nope got hit by 3k even by autoattacks.

At lvl 34:

1 Skill trait full

1 Spec trait (missing the last)

Well maybe you are just a bad player then I dont know my lvl 17 ranger do ok soloing sentrys.

camps and above its better with help I agree it is not a solo mode after all.

I can whittle them all down but respawn will more then likely happen before I cap the camp.

Baseline Warclaw should just unlock the first time you enter WvW. I was always advocating for Warclaw to be the free mount but now they did it with raptor which is also fine.

Gliding probably also but its not as impactful. 

You cant keep up with Warclaw if player dashes on CD. But on the other hand only bad commanders dont wait for tail (unless they are in a big hurry for some reason).

12 hours ago, bluehead.9842 said:

as a player that just play this game 3 weeks ago, I kind agree for this at first, 
but now, when I move to PoF dan HoT map, It's totally game changer 😅 , especially PoF, all mobs suddenly like an veteran version

As someone that has played this game from day one, it seems that mobs die way too fast these days.  Seems Anet has overtuned some professions (I'm looking at you engi).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

The WvW issue could have been addressed if the game mode had more objectives other than just zerging. That way there would be more task for players to do to contribute to the war other than directly fighting zergs.

But there is much more to do…

I’ve played WvW since launch, not all the time but here and there over the years, and I almost never engage in zerg vs zerg. Mostly roam or help small groups to capture/defend objectives.

I would play the game mode before judging it.

Edited by Monarc.9726

36 minutes ago, Monarc.9726 said:

But there is much more to do…

I’ve played WvW since launch, not all the time but here and there over the years, and I almost never engage in zerg vs zerg. Mostly roam or help small groups to capture/defend objectives.

I would play the game mode before judging it.

We talking small scale objectives. Besides capturing camps 🏕 ( which is the only soloable  objectives in the mode) and that is limited to a few per map, and can often be closely guarded by zergs nearby. There isn't any other small scale objectives that are rewarding.  

You can repair walls when needed. But most the time, the only places with serious wall damage is those being attacked by a zerg. And your wall repair will be meaningless there. 

Running supply to build defenses also aren't rewarding,  since there is no contribution gained from doing so. (I would know this, since I am usually the only player building defensive sieges on SMC roof for my server and I get no contribution for it and I have to run supply and use my own sieges). And in most cases for non SMC structures,  you can't even defend a structures like this solo from zergs any longer than a player that just stood there and did nothing.