The " Pointed Ears " package is a horror show.

I mean if anyone wanted proof positive that Anet Ignores every non-human race constantly, this is it. 

It looks plastic and horrible on any race aside from human. 

It completely ignores asura, charr, and Sylvari Anatomy /Entirely/. 

Definitely feels like another in a long line of hard confirmations From Anet 

That , " No, we don't care about the other races. Everything we do is for humans

Sylvari already have elf-like ears , The New elf ears just look like plastic Glued to the side of their head. 

Asura ears have Musculature and move to emote, The new elf ears ignore that and invoke the uncanny imagery of someone who's had so much plastic surgery they can't bend their facial muscles anymore. 

Don't even get me started on how it Force-locks Charr into what is by far the Ugliest looking horn design i've ever had the misfortune of having shoved into my ocular nerves. 

Can we please get some Future cosmetics that , Oh I dunno, Actually Work with Non-humans in a non-clunky way ? 

The jade prosthetic was Decent ( even if they forgot that they know how to make single-arm prosthetics for both arms and not just one ) 

It could work with other races. 

It looked Alright on other Races 

Why did we take 1 step forward and 58 Steps back. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 13
  • Confused 27

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Some headgear skins "hard locking" characters into whatever haristyle/horns they need to fit is not new nor somehow limited  to char. If anything, it shows humans are not impervious to similar/same changes which actively works against the point you're trying to make.

The Point I'm trying to make is that it was Designed with Nothing But humans in mind. 

It's the first accesory i've seen that can't even fit with itself. 

I'm not saying " Humans are impervious to Changes " 

I'm saying " Humans are the focus and forefront of many cosmetics Without Fail, Often to the immense detriment of 4/5th of the Playable Races." 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Humans are sad, homely little thumbs that need decorations.  The rest of the races are already beautiful.  So don't buy it, problem solved.  There's pieces that only look good on sylvari or norn.  Somethings look ridiculous on charr or asura.  Meh.

Whereas this is true 

it would be really nice to have ear jewelry for asura 

That doesn't come at the cost of any and all mobility of their ears. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Witch of Steam.5138 said:

The Point I'm trying to make is that it was Designed with Nothing But humans in mind. 

It's the first accesory i've seen that can't even fit with itself. 

Previewed them on my charr and they worked by slightly elongating and curving their ears upwards. (e: seems to also fit my asuras? Although I still won't be using it on any of my characters)

I'm not saying " Humans are impervious to Changes " 

I'm saying " Humans are the focus and forefront of many cosmetics Without Fail, Often to the immense detriment of 4/5th of the Playable Races." 

Yeah, I was more directing it at the further complaint in your post:

Don't even get me started on how it Force-locks Charr into what is by far the Ugliest looking horn design i've ever had the misfortune of having shoved into my ocular nerves. 

If you understand the human appearance also changes then you should probably understand why.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

err.... nobody is forcing you to buy them..... hate them that much just ignore it.    Let the folks who do like them enjoy them, it's really not that hard.    For the record, I think they are ridiculous, doesnt matter which race they are for lol Complete waste of gems in my books.  (/shrug)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Witch of Steam.5138 said:

It looks plastic and horrible on any race aside from human.

I disagree. It looks horrible on humans, too! 😄

If I wanted comically looking antenna ears, I'd be playing WoW or newer D&D games.

This is what Elven ears look like: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/27/DnD_Elven.png

P.S. There are no Elves in Tyria. We have Sylvari. Or so I thought. :classic_rolleyes:

P.P.S:

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

I'm confused. After reading this thread, I logged in expecting to see human-esque elf ears on an Asura. The Asura ears look very Asuran to me and are (in my opinion at least) arguably the most interesting ones, though they are quite large (as elf ears are) so they don't fit terribly well with my current Asura. I don't have a 'big floppy ears' Asura anymore but my first thought upon previewing was to see if I could match similar-sized floppy ears and toggle the headpiece to raise and lower them.

I think they look decent on humans. It's hard to notice them on my Sylvari (who either have leaves hiding them, or already had pointed ears). My Norn actually looks the most elf-like of the characters I've previewed them on, but I don't like the look at all for her. I don't have a Charr at the moment so I cannot speak to that. There's a lot of room for improvement (such as somehow implementing an ear size slider for them) but I don't think they're that bad!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

People have asked for elf ears.  Well there you go.

Be careful what you wish for out there, you might get some variation of it 😆

My last wish was also granted. Luckily nobody noticed it yet ^^.

-

Asura interpret a lot into the size and shape of their ears. So I guess the package is very popular in Rata Sum. 

• Haha 4

I mean after 10 years of playing a male Sylvari, I rerolled to Human male (actually rerolled all my characters to the same Human), because I'm bored of 99.9% of new cosmetics not fitting male Sylvari properly. There aren't any obtainable invisible armor items nor a Toggle-Off button on all armor slots to hide the poorly fitted clothing to show off their glow and such instead. There hasn't been any new Sylvari themed armor either. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people avoid male Sylvari for that reason since it's the 3rd least played character type.

I also think Kristen Perry left a long time ago and someone else is designing Sylvari faces because new ones always feel like they use a totally different person's style and tools or something. I did like the new 'zelda werewolf-ish' kinda face though, as odd as it is.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Elf ears huh...

I guess i can never get far enough away from Tolkien's fiction... No matter how hard i try.

Out of all things, why elf ears?

But I guess Anet have to cash in on Rimgs of Power series.

Oh well. I guess I better get used to Elves now in Tyria... 

Elves aren't property of Lord of the Rings. Elves even exist IRL naturally as some people actually have pointy ears. 😛

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Elf ears huh...

I guess i can never get far enough away from Tolkien's fiction... No matter how hard i try.

Out of all things, why elf ears?

But I guess Anet have to cash in on Rimgs of Power series.

Oh well. I guess I better get used to Elves now in Tyria... 

Wait, I was joking earlier -- is it official that ANET is backing Amazon and the Rings of Power?

• Confused 1