Why Whirling Axe Nerf?

Krew.3081

Seriously, I get Bladesworn. That is the most broken spec in this game. However why Whirling Axe? What is the reasoning? You've already made GreatSword super annoying to use, breaking right Axe is the dumbest thing this game has ever done and is the sole weapon people enjoy that is left.  (WvW)

Edited by Krew.3081
cuz the engie said people are dumb
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Nerfing any part of Warrior's damage is a mistake at this point. Especially its melee skills. Nerfing melee only buffs ranged more. Besides this skill is easy to notice and dodge/interrupt. Why nerf the damage. 

Edited by Kris.2853
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

I honestly can't believe it happened. It's truly embaressing that people think it even needs to be reduced. I guess they just want support warriors that peck at people. It was one of our only weapons left that was somewhat enjoyable to play melee. 

Edited by Krew.3081
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Are you actually... just when we thought things were fine they still pull this. 

SEE LAN I KNEW IT. 

More like a "See we're not going to just MASSIVELY buff warrior, here is also a nerf or two so we don't seem biased"

That said, there was absolutely nothing OP about that skill. Only a complete dunce eats the whole thing. Even Necros pop their shroud to tank the damage if you CC them. You can't even fit the whole channel within most of our CCs. Only under a coordinated CC chain and spike with teammates on coms would this ever 100-0 someone who isn't bad at the game.

Believe me I use it often. Scares the crap so much out of people that the all use stunbreaks and dodge out of it. GASP, we can't be having other professions use their CDs to escape the big bad warrior who managed to get in melee range of them, oh no...

Playing the Devil's advocate for a bit though, I think they may be more worried about Skull Crack/Earthshaker -> Axe5 combos deleting people before they can respond once Skull Crack and Earthshaker get damage back and are giving an excuse to nerf Axe5 now rather. Especially with Aggressive Onslaught giving the quickness to squeeze that Axe5 in within the CC.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Krew.3081 said:

Seriously, I get Bladesworn. That is the most broken spec in this game. However why Whirling Axe? What is the reasoning? You've already made GreatSword super annoying to use, breaking right Axe is the dumbest thing this game has ever done and is the sole weapon people enjoy that is left.  (WvW)

I haven't played for a while. Last time I checked most people thought bladesworn was weak. What changed?

14 minutes ago, Aza.2105 said:

I haven't played for a while. Last time I checked most people thought bladesworn was weak. What changed?

It was weak, then they buffed shouts and bladesworn so it was able to outheal damage by shouting, then they buffed shouts again, but it got bugged so it had ridiculous amounts of stability and could outheal damage by shouting ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

54 minutes ago, Aza.2105 said:

Nothing really changed

The warrior forum mains blindly hated on the spec the second it was revealed and sucked at playing it when it came out because it wasn't exactly like core warrior like berserker and spellbreaker and called the spec trash and unplayable, then when people that actually gave the spec a fair shot started out performing everyone trashing the spec they pivoted to calling the spec overpowered and hated on it for that reason.

Just gw2 forum things

Edited by Kayberz.5346
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Nothing really changed

The warrior forum mains blindly hated on the spec the second it was revealed and sucked at playing it when it came out because it wasn't exactly like core warrior like berserker and spellbreaker and called the spec trash and unplayable, then when people that actually gave the spec a fair shot started out performing everyone trashing the spec they pivoted to calling the spec overpowered and hated on it for that reason.

Just gw2 forum things

That's some alternative facts right there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Aza.2105 said:

Since there’s not really an explicit answer to this; by running Tactics+Strength with a full shout bar and combat stimulant, you could heal for absurd amounts. With Tactical reload, the frequency with which you had those shouts and heals available was higher than it was balanced for, so the healing was completely broken and made the spec pretty much impossible to screw up playing. There was a bug with Dragon Scale Defense that gave Stability every time you entered DT instead of having the proper ICD, which basically guaranteed that you were getting off you DT, and there was a bug that allowed you to have DT have a 4 second cooldown instead of the intended 8. They fixed the bugs and made tactical reload only affect Bladesworn skills, which will result in a much more vulnerable Dragon Trigger, less healing, and lower mobility. Given the spec is conceptually not built very well for competitive modes, all of these things had been hard carrying the spec, giving it a very low floor and high ceiling with very little skill requirement. So it went from being bad to being broken by abusing busted mechanics. It should now function in a less brain dead and more balanced manner, allowing them to buff it in ways to make it competitive in a healthy manner. 

Edit: I wonder if they managed to fix the bug where you can skip the weapon swap cooldown? They didn’t mention it so I suppose they likely didn’t?

Edited by oscuro.9720

10 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Literally anyone can go digging through old posts on the forums and confirm it

What they'll find is accurate criticism of where the spec was not built well, followed by buffs to shoehorn it into working for PR, leaving the things that were criticized in place to remain broken, which we kept pointing out, followed by appropriate nerfs to some of the broken things, but no buffs to the things that are bad. Criticizing it so that it can be made better is not hating it, its trying to help it, and only a very selective reading would lead someone to think other wise. You're painting a broad picture with lots of spin and alternative facts because you're in the minority in all of these discussions and you are bitter about it.

Edit:

I'll go on to say that are indeed entitled to your own opinion on BSW, and I am happy that you enjoy it, truly. But you are not entitled to misconstrue what the rest of us have been discussing and why.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Nothing really changed

Just gw2 forum things

Thats what I thought might of happened. Thanks for answer my question.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1