World Linking 9/30/2022

Cal Cohen.2358

19 minutes ago, aliem.3412 said:

see ya decent fights. no wvw for the upcoming months.

(just kitteningkitten fix this kittenkittencat! or even simply stop manipulating population until you have a good system like what is envisioned in the alliances)

Agreed- this is what we wait 2 months for. Can't take wvw seriously at all when the links are this bad, even before you account for additional bandwagoning. I feel bad for anyone who ends up in t1, sure hope my server doesn't get bandwagoned, I would prefer to be on the server that someone said was in t4 for 8 weeks

I like how Indo was talking big about how he would transfer to the next underdog server. Here is, transferring to ET/IoJ, which is by far the most bloated link pair here. I mean, I knew he was going to do everything in his power to mess up the equilibrium for everyone else, but it's pretty funny at the same time.

Edited by jul.7602
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Relink every 2 WEEKS instead of 2 months!!!  Seriously Anet, try it for a few months and I bet the bandwagoning will reduce. The matches will stay fresher. More excitement about playing with new teammates. Easy to do too. 

Also, the favoritism is very obvious.  Link the biggest SMC hugging, boring road fighting, ganking, spawn camping , with the link that does all those same toxic tactics. Both as stacked in population as a main and link server can be.

Come on devs, do better. At least try.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, jul.7602 said:

I like how Indo was talking big about how he would transfer to the next underdog server. Here is, transferring to ET/IoJ, which is by far the most bloated link pair here. I mean, I knew he was going to do everything in his power to mess up the equilibrium for everyone else, but it's pretty funny at the same time.

lmao seriously he moved again?

Ants in his pants.

Dude can't make up his mind, he was already on an underdog server, it was stuck in t3/4, then moved to the ppt server to keep him in t1/2, now making the excuse to jump to next bandwagon which he proclaims is an underdog? lmao. There goes sos na again for like the 10th time in 10 years lmao.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, jul.7602 said:

He ONLY fights when he has the bigger group.  Even his stream he talks about "we only do outnumbered"...yeah bro, when the enemy is smaller than you.  So no surprise he moves to the super stacked pairing.  Who cares that you only have 30 in squad, there's 40 other people with you.  Then of course, he has alts parked at his enemies spawn so he can tag watch too, cause hey, you have to know where to fight 25 guys at with your map que.

Anet seriously needs to lock transfers for the 2 weeks before AND after relinks to prevent this crap.

Edited by Ubi.4136
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[_] let the Devs do the relinks

[_] let the players do the relinks

[_] let the algorithm do the relinks

[X] It is 3 minutes after end of work on a friday afternoon. Suddenly, 3 aliens with trollface masks materialize in Anet headquarters. Two are powering up the main PC. The third one is going for the coffee machine. 6 minutes later, he/she/it returns with a mug in one of his three hands, wearing an end of dragons promo shirt, takes a short sip and then speaks in a multidimensional language that no human would ever be able to understand (but it sounds quite like this:)

"Waah, coffee bad as usual! So give them humanses the links they derserve! Them will learn lesson only hard way."

While activating their return beam, the three aliens started to grunt (which is the equivalent of evil laughter), until they disappeared back to their home planet 👽👽👽

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

And then you were opened and got stacked.

Are you saying the FULL server was hard carried by a MEDIUM server from T5 to T1?

Gandara "full" status was always highly debatable. A large part of those population numbers were always due to semi-casual crowd. And most of those players just do not show up if there's no link. Or show up on the first day, get zerged by opponents, and decide to sit that week out.

2 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

It would seem groups like that could be considered the Walmarts of WvW?

They come into a place and disrupt the locals, giving it wealth and power for a bit but in exchange for pushing the current community out. So when they leave when things are no longer sustainable, it's in shambles.

More or less. Every server Indo joins and leaves, is worse off. Look at the thriving, dead communities of DR and SBI.

• Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Morden Kain.3489 said:

Still trying to figure out why Maguuma and Black Gate need a link server.  Is ANet 'fraid their favorite servers will plummet to the bottom of the barrel?  I think we need to de-fund the Maguuma server at the very least 😁.

Could have the most notorious servers in the bottom tiers smashing everything that moves. I think I heard it best, Maguuma in T1 is deterrent for servers wanting to stack for better farming, in off peak hours they just end up spawn camped in EBG.

Edited by oatsnjuices.1698
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1