Maguuma needs dealt with.

Ashlin.3708

For real, they need to do something about maguuma, the entire server is way out of line, for the 4th time we are against them as a smaller server, for the 4th time they have a full capped zerg all of cheese builds, new broken elite specs, and condi bombs, literally spawn camping ANYONE who tries to do ANYTHING in WvW, every time my server goes against maguuma, they are such TERRIBLE sportsmen about the game that wvw just DIES on my server. is this REALLY how anet wants their game to be played?

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 14
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Ashlin.3708 said:

For real, they need to do something about maguuma, the entire server is way out of line, for the 4th time we are against them as a smaller server, for the 4th time they have a full capped zerg all of cheese builds, new broken elite specs, and condi bombs, literally spawn camping ANYONE who tries to do ANYTHING in WvW, every time my server goes against maguuma, they are such TERRIBLE sportsmen about the game that wvw just DIES on my server. is this REALLY how anet wants their game to be played?

Considering that when the Anet devs do play they play ON Mag, I'd guess yes, this is how Anet wants their game to be played.

I'd suggest Anet devs are ONLY allowed to play on the servers facing Mag each week so they can see how bad it truly is for every other server...but considering how many missteps the Anet balance team made with the most recent "balance" update, something tells me they're not very aware of much of anything when it comes to this game.

• Like 17
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Ashlin.3708 said:

I am not on the server so please remember I am asking from that perspective since I have been against Mag many times and paired with them a number of others. How are you fighting them? Mag likes EBG, so expect them all there to the determent of any other map unless there is no content on EBG for them. So if you choose to fight them on their preferred  map you need to hit them from multiple areas and not allow yourself to be in one group that can be clouded. You need to bring stability because they are good with and like their CC. You need to expect a lot of pulls.  You need to push where they are not amassed and expect a lot of scouts that will report and expect them to send reinforcements so fight and move. They will react to their area being hit so you need to pull them where you want them versus let them fight you where they want to. This isn't anything for Anet, its a matter of adjusting tactics server to server. Have no dog in that show so, good hunting to both sides.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

I mean i'm on TC...we a "Full" server, but it doesn;t seem like it.

There is so many other guilds leaving too, still full.

uh huh, because only guilds make up activity on a server.

Still solves nothing with maguuma because most of their players play on ebg. The two servers just need to grow a ball, stop logging off the entire week, start double teaming them. It's no different than how servers had to deal with BG only you have mag on one map to worry about instead of four. Or take the week off and tank, but don't come in here complaining about it if you choose the easy option.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

uh huh, when i say guilds leaving, you need to understand it's not 1 person.

Guilds consisting of 20-30+ ppl leaving in a go, you would that would bring population down.

this has happened many times even in my team, we have also seen 100 or 150 players leave all together but your server remains full, but you will see that in 10 / 15 days you will be updated to very high or high.

and then every time I see discussions about the match vs mag I go to read the numbers, and every time I see the same thing, you can see it even now k+ d of mag and k+d of the red team. mag has a huge flow (and therefore again, number of players) compared to red. the red, to get to the flow of mag, must be increased by its 50% should have twice as many players as it has to play at par with mag.

so you just have to relax, often arenanet does not give access to the same content and the same fun to all the teams. it's not up to you, it's not up to your guild, it's not up to your server. at this moment it does not even depend on arenanet because with the current system it claims that it cannot (although I begin to strongly suspect that it does not want) to balance the teams, indeed he has stated several times that the matches can have a disparity that goes to 50% (as in the current match of mag).

you too in NA have the same problem that we have here in the EU, too many players like to win easy just want to have such large numbers to double the enemy. after all it is not even a fault, arenanet grants it and they rightly abuse it.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

uh huh, because only guilds make up activity on a server.

Still solves nothing with maguuma because most of their players play on ebg. The two servers just need to grow a ball, stop logging off the entire week, start double teaming them. It's no different than how servers had to deal with BG only you have mag on one map to worry about instead of four. Or take the week off and tank, but don't come in here complaining about it if you choose the easy option.

#openBG     😏😉😂

Edited by Strider Pj.2193
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

uh huh, when i say guilds leaving, you need to understand it's not 1 person.

Guilds consisting of 20-30+ ppl leaving in a go, you would that would bring population down.

Welcome to being a full server.  Those of us that have consistently been on one for 4+years say enjoy the ride.

Guarantee we’ve lost more guilds.  And are still full.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ashlin.3708 said:

Hope this doesn’t come across as snarky but..

Have you tried the other 11 exits?  You DO realize there are more maps than EbG.  If you won’t play other maps, and won’t work with a small group to go around them on the other two exits and attack their stuff behind them, then honestly, gotta ask why are you running headlong into the meat grinder?

But you can just keep feeding them bags by only exiting the main entrance of EbG.  They won’t mind.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Maybe give em no link.

That's not how game is ment to work..

Its' pvd vs empty maps each server has its time to ktrain, Anet enforced what they visioned to EOTM to be the gameplay of WvW as well.

I would bet the alliance system will work arround the same mentality, putting big zergy aliances vs non organized aliances, players that wont be in organized minstrell 1111 blobs will be thrown into a  smaller server to put against servers so they can ktrain.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder what gets more posts, hating on Red BL, making GOB easier or generally hating on MAG.

Why does a server that its roamers generally have more than two brain cells that know what a pull is, CC is or generally know how to play a class and get out when it gets bad be punished?

Its not spawn camping when people keep going out the same exit into them think let me just push this one mag without saying anything and expect my team mates to help only to die and then complain on the forums,. You got 3 exits and 3 other maps, you can leave spawn to get your daily vet, its OK they are not everywhere.  ANET gave you 3 other maps, should try them.

Have you also tried to PPT less? If you keep fighting mag, must mean you keep winning in T2, how you tried not too? Then you wont fight mag.

Also not giving mag a link solves nothing, they will still kill people like you on EBG that will make a post, frankly pretty sure making a post is a pride thing for them. I mean I would be if I was on the server.

Also forcing ANET to only fight MAG, some ANET devs already fight them so kinda mute point, they allowed to play the game on whatever server they want, why would they not choose the server that have decent roamers and showed time and time again they have more than 2 brain cells compared to the other servers that might as well be bots that keep running into them.

So another +1 post hating on mag, anyone keeping track?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

Just want to add for the people that keep saying it, Mag doesn't just camp ebg anymore. Back in the day that was their thing and you could escape them in the borderlands. I mean you could take everything on their home BL and they didn't care. That isn't the case anymore. They rampage through the borderlands as well and usually field a few medium sized havoc groups on them to camp and prevent any activity other than large squads. I've been against them for more months than I care to count at this point and the only time you can reliably do anything against them is the first few hours of reset night or else during OCX prime time if you happen to be lucky enough to live in they time zone or have the flexibility to stay up late and play with the OCX crowd. Otherwise you just have to hope they'll pick on the other server for a bit while you try to farm your participation.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

this has happened many times even in my team, we have also seen 100 or 150 players leave all together but your server remains full, but you will see that in 10 / 15 days you will be updated to very high or high.

and then every time I see discussions about the match vs mag I go to read the numbers, and every time I see the same thing, you can see it even now k+ d of mag and k+d of the red team. mag has a huge flow (and therefore again, number of players) compared to red. the red, to get to the flow of mag, must be increased by its 50% should have twice as many players as it has to play at par with mag.

so you just have to relax, often arenanet does not give access to the same content and the same fun to all the teams. it's not up to you, it's not up to your guild, it's not up to your server. at this moment it does not even depend on arenanet because with the current system it claims that it cannot (although I begin to strongly suspect that it does not want) to balance the teams, indeed he has stated several times that the matches can have a disparity that goes to 50% (as in the current match of mag).

you too in NA have the same problem that we have here in the EU, too many players like to win easy just want to have such large numbers to double the enemy. after all it is not even a fault, arenanet grants it and they rightly abuse it.

Higher kd != Bigger population

• Like 2

This isn't a problem with Magumma, its a problem with how the game doesn't force you to spread out between maps to distribute the population. Sure, each map has a queue, but that queue still means the enemy server can bring nearly a hundred players to your spawn if they feel like it.

This makes it incredibly easy to fully control and spawn camp EBG with a decent zerg.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

17 minutes ago, lotus.5672 said:

Più alto kd != Popolazione più grande

k/d---------> no

k+d--------> yes

and is only valid if you compare it to three of the 3 teams in the same match. if the counter between different matches no longer means anything.

Edited by Mabi black.1824

10 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I am not on the server so please remember I am asking from that perspective since I have been against Mag many times and paired with them a number of others. How are you fighting them? Mag likes EBG, so expect them all there to the determent of any other map unless there is no content on EBG for them. So if you choose to fight them on their preferred  map you need to hit them from multiple areas and not allow yourself to be in one group that can be clouded. You need to bring stability because they are good with and like their CC. You need to expect a lot of pulls.  You need to push where they are not amassed and expect a lot of scouts that will report and expect them to send reinforcements so fight and move. They will react to their area being hit so you need to pull them where you want them versus let them fight you where they want to. This isn't anything for Anet, its a matter of adjusting tactics server to server. Have no dog in that show so, good hunting to both sides.

That's a pretty good breakdown, but they do hit up the borders more now. 

Not just for Mag but parts in bold are good advice against tight organized blobs. 

Underlined part is where I see a lot of groups get dismantled or fail to dismantle the other side by letting other side set the pace and casting ranges on the chosen lane whenever there's a push and a scramble. 

To OP. When there's an actual fight, Mag are fun to fight if you feel out their plotting. They'll actually give the long back and forth fights people tend to ask for in threads on WvW. It sucks that they're pretty stacked in their prime times that don't seem to line up with everyone else. It also sucks when the third server sleeps off the week unless they need some of your stuff while Mag hits another side. 

Edited by kash.9213
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1