Maguuma needs dealt with.

Ashlin.3708

5 hours ago, Absurd.2947 said:

Someone record the spawn camp. Watching a clip of you guys trying to push out of spawn could provide some insight. 

To what end though?  The people being recorder have to be willing to take advice,  

Honestly, if they are running out in groups of less than 20 then not sure if they are going to listen.

Other borders would help them more.

5 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

To what end though?  The people being recorder have to be willing to take advice,  

Honestly, if they are running out in groups of less than 20 then not sure if they are going to listen.

Other borders would help them more.

In general, there's no cohesion. Even the organized tags have crap where half stay on the lord and half push the enemy, and 10 people chase a single thief or something. I wasn't even in squad and didn't squirrel that far because well, it's dumb.

There's also an overwhelming assortment of random things like core guards with weird ranger/ele builds that do no damage or don't sustain. And definitely no crowd control.  But the common element is zero damage so the enemy can basically walk up to them. Wow there's this core guardian surrounded by flames walking up to you, maybe I should just stand there.

It's not even an issue of running meta builds. I don't think they're even running a build.

I think tags should lay down the law and just boot people that are not helping their group or just move if the map doesn't want to win. When I sometimes do mini squads for my guild, if people squirrel and get picked off, I tell them they're running from spawn if they die-- we do not res the defeated.

It's entirely possible these players are just bots. But I think that's an insult to bots.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

On 10/7/2022 at 7:49 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

Stop running away for the week and start double teaming and taking their stuff.

I mean you can't really take upgraded stuff from better servers by doubleteaming them these days. Defending is so stat heavy these days that attackers just get 1 pushed by bigger defending group with no way to buy time.

Unless your whole purpose of logging in is to dodge fights and keep feeding keeps hoping that enemy won't scout you or react. I do not believe that is very fun.

The thing is, attackers can deal with siege by taking their time or rushing in but stats and ewp are not circumventable. So once this "mag" server has upgraded things and better players, they can just keep farming you.

Edited by Riba.3271

1 hour ago, Riba.3271 said:

I mean you can't really take upgraded stuff from better servers by doubleteaming them these days. Defending is so stat heavy these days that attackers just get 1 pushed by bigger defending group with no way to buy time.

Unless your whole purpose of logging in is to dodge fights and keep feeding keeps hoping that enemy won't scout you or react. I do not believe that is very fun.

The thing is, attackers can deal with siege by taking their time or rushing in but stats and ewp are not circumventable. So once this "mag" server has upgraded things and better players, they can just keep farming you.

No.  Defending ISNT stat heavy.  And yes, you can do it.  You need numbers, coordination and, like @Xenesis.6389said, the second server.

The stats are negligible when talking about a comped group.  

The main problem is people don’t want to coordinate, synergies their builds (yeah boon blob blah blah blah) and work together.

Get into inner, clear siege, come back, go back in and clear siege.

If people can’t be bothered to do that, then they need to attack other undefended targets.  

What Mag has, is persistence.  Most others can’t be bothered.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

So once this "mag" server has upgraded things and better players, they can just keep farming you.

What about you teaching players on your server to get better? Mag players spent time training and getting better, now they are the best, the most skilled players in NA. And they don't want to play somewhere else carrying low skill garbage from other servers. They are the best and have the right to farm you until you learn to play and press buttons. Kill them or get spawncamped again and again.

Edited by Daredevil.2745
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Daredevil.2745 said:

What about you teaching players on your server to get better? Mag players spent time training and getting better, now they are the best, the most skilled players in NA. And they don't want to play somewhere else carrying low skill garbage from other servers. They are the best and have the right to farm you until you learn to play and press buttons. Kill them or get spawncamped again and again.

How many on Mag right now came from other servers? I started the game there, played against them, and have been linked with them multiple times and they're not the same server throughout all that. I don't know about the best, but they're definitely the most concentrated. People in this thread keep telling everyone what they need to do but transfers to top tier servers didn't bother on their old servers.

• Like 1

Here’s my 2 coppers on this.  The problem isn’t Mag or its players.  The problem is everyone else.   Not only does Mag have a very high population of veteran players, but they have a very high population of players that know how to fight very well.  They also know how to Zerg bust.  Most of the other servers only know how to boonball Zerg and nothing else.

How can I say this?  I have server hopped on all servers and have played with just about everyone that regularly plays.

• Like 1

Maguuma is actually one of the easiest servers to farm. Stability. Reflects. Pulls. This always guarantees a continuous and consistent feed of bags, until you eventually get bored or they send an emergency MySpace message to their server mates, urging them to login and overwhelm you with projectiles in order to save SMC. 

There are no good players on Maguuma...just really bad roamers or a lack of organization on the opposing servers in most cases.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Daredevil.2745 said:

You should take is as an honor to fight against elite players instead of complaining here about being spawncamped.

1 hour ago, GEEsus.4659 said:

Maguuma is actually one of the easiest servers to farm. Stability. Reflects. Pulls. This always guarantees a continuous and consistent feed of bags, until you eventually get bored or they send an emergency MySpace message to their server mates, urging them to login and overwhelm you with projectiles in order to save SMC. 

There are no good players on Maguuma...just really bad roamers or a lack of organization on the opposing servers in most cases.

I would grade the first post 0/10 for trolling posts. As a roamer that has fought Mag they do have some good ones that can be good fights win or lose. They, like everyone, do also have bad ones. The bad ones will call for aid too soon which allows you to collect a lot of them and waste their time chasing you around. Have yet to meet a server that doesn't have people chasing squirrels, myself included. But that's a side game of roamers and havocs to lead one group into another which is quite a blast. Can you say baited?

Listen....I roll these clowns nonstop at about a 40 to 1 ratio. Stop worshipping mediocre at best imo.

The bigger concern by far is a design that REWARDS spawn camping and ALLOWS an enemy home keep to be tier 3'd complete with tactics etc.  A better design to stifle completion...you would be hard pressed to conjure at this point and yet amazingly.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH... it's still a thing.  It's as if day 1 I wanted to make a design where everyone quits because they cant retake their home keep. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA  It's always been so so so bad. A perfect way to complete ruin competition. Make it so they cant take their own keep and let some clown put 15 trebs and 40 ACs in it.

LoL Its always been such a terrible design. So joke level bad.   Inept

12 hours ago, Daredevil.2745 said:

What about you teaching players on your server to get better? Mag players spent time training and getting better, now they are the best, the most skilled players in NA. And they don't want to play somewhere else carrying low skill garbage from other servers.

Honestly what I have experienced:

- All silver and below players lack experience to make critical judgement: F/E they don't know how to single target or even see people hiding in corners during largescale fights. They will just get farmed by more experienced players. You don't become master in a chess in a month, same applies to wvw. You need at least 1400 ranks to hit gold and the fastest pace I have ever ranked up is 100 ranks per week when I played the game like 15 hours a day (no boosters though). 1400 ranks is 3.5 months of nonstop training and even gold players are bad if they haven't been in a guild.

- In current server system even if you train people over 50% of population will be gone next relinking. Mag got good before current server system so they had big advantage.

- Training people also isn't exactly great in a meta where just being around enemy keeps or towers (even with no siege involved), new players just get farmed and commanders look sloppy

- If the keeps/towers are already upgraded in your timezone, you need MUCH better players to take them. This is why guilds do not guild raid north side of map or at enemy keeps anymore. It isn't like siege or lord hurts them, they just lose to much worse guilds inside the enemy objective. If your server just has better activity hours, they get free kills just by having upgraded sm or any other objective.

So for a  pug group to be trained as competitive as mag. We need following changes:

• Stable server playerbase. So no relinkings. Else 50%+ of your zerg is never going to be trained AND your training is 50%+ less effective because it is wasted on people that are outside your server in 2 months. The reason why it is 50% even on main servers these days is because as guilds and dedicated WvW players started to prefer links servers, main servers can fit much less people before they get full. So while links provided maybe 5% of total population at the beginning, now it is nearing 40% because no main server can go above 60% without being marked full (at least in EU). The other 10% is transfers in and out.
  • Claim buff needs to be removed, because no amount of strategy can overcome 800+ stat swings. You might be able to beat mag at your tower, but as soon as you go to their tower, they gain at least 400 stats and you lose 400 stats. Mathematically, and math is absolute, that is 200 power (so at least 6% damage), 200 precision (at least 6% damage), 200 vitality (10% total health pool), 200 toughness (10% total pool). Just one of these is a lot, but there is 4 of them for you to overcome. Claim buff is also why some people are impossible to get to play "good builds" because they still pop off with those extra stats and will delusionally think their build will do anything when attacking. It is impossible to promote strong builds with efficiency with such an uncompetitive system in place.
  • Upgrade times need to be increased close to pre-HoT levels. SM upgrades about 7 times faster now and keeps several times. System where towers, keeps and castles all require same amount of dolyaks has no brain behind it. You just need 1 hour of dominant timezone, and youll have impenetrable t2 keep/sm full of siege and supply.
Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 2:41 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Nok, maybe, but am I coming across as toxic to you? Not on Mag. Attack more peeps than I should against all servers. So yes I see an issue when people call out any server. If you play Mag's game versus creating your own is that on you or them? People will quite often not try and use less to do more. Per your posts it sounds like that bugs you as it does me. But that's also the best way to combat them. Which many will not see as an option. Its ok if you want to call me a noob, but if you think I am posting as a toxic player tell me that as well since its not my intent. I try and cover multiple sides when I can and if failed here, let me know so I can consider better approaches. Good hunting!

No youre not coming across at toxic. As I am not actually being toxic either. I just make observed true statements which those that don't want to see the truth call it trolling, toxic whatever just because I'm not nice about it. But why do I have to be nice to these types? Idk if you were around in the beginning but wvw wasn't full of these toxic kittenous players. It wasn't until HoT was released and there was a mass amount of players that quit and we were left with these types and as time went on anet kept compounding it with more and more kittenous toxic skills, buffs, etc etc which attracted the toxic kittenous players and now wvw is over ran with them. Most are predominantly on stacked servers like mag and bg and then just keep xfering links after relinks so they can stay with the rest of them. You know birds of a feather flock together kind of thing. And the worst part about it is that anet caters to them, anet wants these types which gives even further proof that the devs are these types. we are in what I call the d bag of gaming time with all the toxic games being released that have become popular like BR games etc.

Theyll report me into the ground cuz as i said earlier, they dont' like the truth. And you can tell how much truth it is by how many confused and sad emojis my comment gets. lol.

But I guess I should've saw this coming, after all, it is a game based around players holding each others hands. Having to fight in a zerg or with others only shows fear. Humans flock together out of fear. If there was no fear there, we wouldn't have blobs and zergs cuz we wouldn't feel the need to be in a zerg or blob. I think zerging and blobbing should be penalized. the more players they have the less healing, buffs, hp etc.

• Confused 5

Mags players since reset have blantantly used hac ks/3rd party programs asnd chain macros to just cheat their way through everything, players cannot damage another player with imunnity to damage shiled up but yes they found a way.

Professions that have no access to teleports are porting away every fgiht to safety or up cliffs and objects to ecaspe or have an advantage.

Mirages/chronos/Virts using cc 3-4 X in arow and blick also 3-4 times in a row give me a F break.

I no longer support this game and WvW is the only mode I play.

Its too bad they allowed this mockery of an mmo and its game modes to turn into such a shameful thing.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Jaising.7253 said:

Professions that have no access to teleports are porting away every fgiht to safety or up cliffs and objects to ecaspe or have an advantage.

Mirages/chronos/Virts using cc 3-4 X in arow and blick also 3-4 times in a row give me a F break.

Every profession has access to some sort of shadowstep/blink lol

And yes, mesmer has a lot of cc and mobility. Doesn't mean they're hacking

2 hours ago, Chuybacca.7468 said:

cry babies

If you are in EBG and some Mag or other side's players camp your spawn point then try taking the fight to their side of the map. Unless its their peak time, then their home side will probably have very few defending players. Perhaps try some havoc tactics to turn the map back to your color. Even solo players can use havoc tactics to have fun. Remember that sometimes stealth, and not taking sentries etc can be the best option :

• go for their camps and if T3 try different ones and you might get lucky.
  • take sentries.
  • take yaks.
  • ambush lone players leaving their Keep to SMC.
  • hit towers and try to get them contested.
  • if you can get some supply then hit their towers
  • if the Mags have everything then try your other opponent's stuff.
  • there must be more ???

Its not just about winning stuff, its about making them work to keep it, and having fun in the process.

If you cause them to go back to their side of the map, you might get your own camps etc back.

I'm with AR and are currently linked with Mags - its fun to play with them. However, its even more fun to play against them. 

Mags at their peak are like the Roman Empire, strategically so hard to beat, but you can still have some fun. 

By the way, i was nearly crying last week. Logged in - Mags and us had all of EBG - every Keep, tower, camp and sentry - horrible - no point going to Home BL and spoiling the fun of the few blue and green players there - so logged out. 

I don't think the game will ever be perfectly balanced as time zones complicate things so just enjoy yourself. 

• Confused 1

As some one who is fighting AR and MAg we have 5  to 10 players VS 30-50

The problem is not the servers but Anet developers and the game designer allowing their beloved EOTM  Ktrain in WvW.

The game was founded with very lame ideals and that is what need's to be  changed.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Chuybacca.7468 said:

cry babies

13 hours ago, Karagee.6830 said:

U one of these players that need 9 more to his side to kill 1 enemy? Sounds like.

No I fear this might be an issue from Steam. It feels like a Steam reply. obs, Jul, is this one of yours, because it doesn't feel like it?