Reward for the beta test

1 hour ago, Luthan.5236 said:

But yes: The longer it takes for them to enable them ... the more annoying it will get if the time is limited. Depending on how time-consuming the achievements will be

Rember that there are 16 weapons to unlock. That will be time consuming for sure. The question will be what you like more Halloween or weapon skins that you will be never able to unlock again.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, glass.3245 said:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-fall-and-winter-roadmap-2022/ says "one of" the skins will be available in this beta. Full set presumably available over many betas.

Does no one read their twitter page? Literality all information about WvW is distributed only there.

New achievements which will allow you to earn the War Machine weapon skins will become active today at 6pm PT (UTC-7)

You could get skins yesterday. Of course today only one skin.

• Confused 6

This gives me a flashback to this year's SAB bug when people with a lot of characters kept crashing on character swapping for 3 weeks and they said "we're aware of it and looking into it" and after two weeks we got "one engineer is working on it". If this is handled anything like that, expect a fix by the time next beta comes around.. :classic_laugh:

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, BadHealer.3608 said:

Does no one read their twitter page? Literality all information about WvW is distributed only there.

No, people don't. We have an official forum & website, why would anyone go to a more limited platform than the official website? That's not a player fault, that's a bad PR person at ArenaNet's fault. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

No, people don't. We have an official forum & website, why would anyone go to a more limited platform than the official website? That's not a player fault, that's a bad PR person at ArenaNet's fault. 

True, but I'll also draw your attention to the Twitter feed box embedded in this forum when reading threads.  So there's that even though I personally tend to block it out in my mind and it isn't on the main forum page.

3 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

True, but I'll also draw your attention to the Twitter feed box embedded in this forum when reading threads.  So there's that even though I personally tend to block it out in my mind and it isn't on the main forum page.

Also the fact that reddit is more of an 'official forum' than this.  

My guess is the achievements hopefully should be retroactive; so if you played at all they would count once enabled.  

1 hour ago, BadHealer.3608 said:

I read the twitter, I was in WvW shortly after the beta started.. Exactly how could you get the skins yesterday? Please link the twitter post you are referring to as no one knew how to on any of the servers I am on.

3 minutes ago, Lycan Nibbler.1567 said:

I read the twitter, I was in WvW shortly after the beta started.. Exactly how could you get the skins yesterday? Please link the twitter post you are referring to as no one knew how to on any of the servers I am on.

I wasn't aware that there is a whole server out there, that is unable to read a message in twitter. I assume that this isn't so hard. But as requested, here is the message that yesterday we could unlock skins. Remember that is plural.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, BadHealer.3608 said:

I wasn't aware that there is a whole server out there, that is unable to read a message in twitter. I assume that this isn't so hard. But as requested, here is the message that yesterday we could unlock skins. Remember that is plural.

So as you should know as you are apparently able to read, that the skins were NOT available yesterday as the relevant achievements were not active in the beta to claim them which is exactly why they are "working on it" so your whole post is wrong. Thanks for playing, HAGD.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BadHealer.3608 said:

Well, actually, it was single before that tweet.... from the ANet road map post (posted October 3):
"During the beta, you’ll be able to select one of the new WvW-exclusive War Machine weapon skins for completing an achievement tied to beta participation. "
So possibly the skins for the full set will become available (as per tweet), but you will be able to earn only one during this beta (as per road map).

Edited by Gode Fridus.5607
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anybody else feel confused in general about World Restructuring & Wonder if we'll ever get a permanent Dev Moderated Road Map thread where we can actively discuss the future of this WvW game mode?

Example of confusing posts...imho

October 14 WvW World Restructuring Beta 6?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-fall-and-winter-roadmap-2022

Or

*chuckles*

Anyway . . . serious constructive dialog is not possible here and we can only discuss things that make the vocal forum experts here happy (see their post count) . . . imho

Everything gets widely & repeatedly discussed . . . even to the point where discussions become heated . . . but nothing will bear fruit . . . because the reason to discuss things by most of the vocal forum experts found here . . . is to just be grandly heard & to be acknowledged.

I stopped tracking events for this forum community due to various reasons.

But, I felt oddly motivated to comment on probably an insignificant point of reference in this thread.

If you can't beat them . . . Go Low Post Count!

Yours truly,
Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

#MyEoDPurchaseComingSoon

Edited by Diku.2546
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Traubensaft Joe.8192 said:

They will propably add all skins in an extra rewardtrack. Like they did with the mistforged. So dont worry, we will see them propably next year.

You don't get Mistforged weapons from a reward track, you get Hero weapons from a reward track.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Agree Chaba there is that and its addition on this iteration of the forums create a bit more of a link. But if you missed it at the time that side window could also be now showing a partner's event, art show or a number of other things. Where as a posting here could be sticky'd and stay on top and forum goers do tend to play so its a free way for information to be shared to others that may not frequent the website as often. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Zaraki.5784 said:

Is this still bugged?

Unless a patch has gone in within the last hour, yes, it's still bugged. I spent about six hours in WvW today and there's no achievement. There is the Call of War bonus though, so it's not a total waste of time; I gained about 14 ranks and 2 Gifts of Battle today.

its saturday night and its still broke. hwo long is it suppose to last anyways?

12 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Best would be to just add an achivevement for logging in to WvW and staying there for like ... 5 minutes or to. Then it should complete.

not really when yer main wvw day are the weekend.

More like if you logged into wvw during the beta you should auto get it.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1