Where the food at?

itspomf.9523

The holiday foods are more relevant for composting than for notes. There are cheaper options for notes now that is cheaper than before the prices increased for Holiday foods. Composting doesn't have as much flexibility. Ascended foods have other problem though. If you aren't using a glyph of bounty and gathering boosters then you are probably wasting gold.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Composting has been a thing for a long time. It has nothing to do with THIS change. This change came THIS year after the mess EoD has created with the research notes.

Items they don't want composted aren't in that salvage table. Composting has nothing to do with this topic.

Items they decided were "too cheap" for research notes were removed from that table very quickly.

Now instead of removing holiday foods and utilities from the research notes salvage table they removed them as a drop at all. Again I remind you all that it was done without even a notice in the patch notes.

ANET needs to remove the holiday food and utilities from the salvage table and give us our holiday buffs back as drops in their respective holiday containers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

TBH I've been down on the game for awhile. I was to busy to participate in Halloween last year. I thought I'd put more of an effort into it this year until I found out they nerfed the food drops and thought what's the point. I realize it's just a minor part of the season but seriously, what are they going to nerf next. As others have stated, holiday food drops have been with the game for a decade. Eliminating it just for a recently added mechanic (Research Notes) is crazy. In the past, I've gone around giving holiday food drops to newbies.

They need to fix this ASAP (tomorrow) and either up the drop tables or extend Halloween so people can make up for the lost drops.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Tekoneiric.6817 said:

TBH I've been down on the game for awhile. I was to busy to participate in Halloween last year. I thought I'd put more of an effort into it this year until I found out they nerfed the food drops and thought what's the point. I realize it's just a minor part of the season but seriously, what are they going to nerf next. As others have stated, holiday food drops have been with the game for a decade. Eliminating it just for a recently added mechanic (Research Notes) is crazy. In the past, I've gone around giving holiday food drops to newbies.

They need to fix this ASAP (tomorrow) and either up the drop tables or extend Halloween so people can make up for the lost drops.

It's frustrating for sure. I want to be happy with the game, not down on it, but they keep doing weird stuff and not even trying to justify it, or the justification matches the spirit of the change, but not the implementation. And I can't muster a satisfying explanation myself, so I'm often left feeling like their development at this point is akin to the spongebob thing where he's forgotten everything but a few things and is running around in a panic, mentally, cause he's been asked to remember something he forgot. The analogy being that they prob lost a lot of knowledgeable people in 2019 and beyond, and so it may very well be the case they genuinely don't know how to justify what they're doing half the time. I mean, I'm not saying I don't get every change they've been making, but too much too often is messy,  unjustified, etc. It took the public community roasting them in a big way to get them to start shoring things up in that way with class balance. But I guess doing that for other things is stretching their small indie team too thin. 😛 (for real tho, I do wonder how many they actually still have who are more than contracting for art or expansions).

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

It's frustrating for sure. I want to be happy with the game, not down on it, but they keep doing weird stuff and not even trying to justify it, or the justification matches the spirit of the change, but not the implementation. And I can't muster a satisfying explanation myself, so I'm often left feeling like their development at this point is akin to the spongebob thing where he's forgotten everything but a few things and is running around in a panic, mentally, cause he's been asked to remember something he forgot. The analogy being that they prob lost a lot of knowledgeable people in 2019 and beyond, and so it may very well be the case they genuinely don't know how to justify what they're doing half the time. I mean, I'm not saying I don't get every change they've been making, but too much too often is messy,  unjustified, etc. It took the public community roasting them in a big way to get them to start shoring things up in that way with class balance. But I guess doing that for other things is stretching their small indie team too thin. 😛 (for real tho, I do wonder how many they actually still have who are more than contracting for art or expansions).

There's that point in the movie Clue where the characters have found so many murdered people that they just shrug when they find another body and wearily go about their business.

Kinda feel like that. "Huh, another weird, seemingly unnecessary change that diminishes fun a little."

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

Its one thing for a company to make a profit off of selling holiday themed merchandise (Hershey, Mars, etc) and yet another to seek to deprive consumers of existing holiday treats in order to cynically boost another aspect of the business. 

Because they want to drive participation in a particular game system they are removing aspects of others. Kudos EA....I mean Activision Blizzard....oops, I mean ANet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

23 hours ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

What I don't understand is why this food being salvaged for research notes is a bad idea.  A better option would have just been to make the holiday foods salvage into 0 research notes a lot of the time and 1 a fraction of the time so the average is whatever ANet wants it to be.

Now I'm sitting here imagining a bunch of Asura tossing Pumpkin Cookies and Peppermint Omnomberry Bars into an alembic and babbling at one another as they try to figure out how to derive legendary power from spice and frosting.

Since like, okay, I admit I'm not sure how one "salvages" food into "research notes."  In a literal sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, itspomf.9523 said:

Now I'm sitting here imagining a bunch of Asura tossing Pumpkin Cookies and Peppermint Omnomberry Bars into an alembic and babbling at one another as they try to figure out how to derive legendary power from spice and frosting.

Since like, okay, I admit I'm not sure how one "salvages" food into "research notes."  In a literal sense.

It's simple.  You just have to [REDACTED BY FORUM MODERATORS].

• Haha 6

• 2 months later...

Todays blog post about Lunar New Year reads:

"The annual Lunar New Year festival begins next week! Tyrians are celebrating the beginning of the Year of the Rabbit with fireworks, games, delicious Canthan food, and prizes."

I wonder if they fixed it for the LNY food after the backlash... Or was that food not salvagable into research notes?

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Arura.6530 said:

Todays blog post about Lunar New Year reads:

"The annual Lunar New Year festival begins next week! Tyrians are celebrating the beginning of the Year of the Rabbit with fireworks, games, delicious Canthan food, and prizes."

I wonder if they fixed it for the LNY food after the backlash... Or was that food not salvagable into research notes?

It's still in the preview and I think I checked most of the bags when the change happened some weeks after the EoD-release and as far as I remember only the Halloween- and the Wintersday-bags were affected, so I'm very sure, they were never gone from the LNY-bags.

It also can't be crafted and so also not salvaged with the composter or the research kit.

yeah this change actually pissed me off; a huge bait-n-switch tactic. there was no reason for this; could've updated the drop table such that food dropped from bags were non-salvageable but instead they just killed food from the drops. Thanks for setting expectations and ripping them from under our feet.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

After Halloween & Wintersday with the terrible drop rates of the new weapon skins and then no food I just didn't feel like doing much more than the metas this year. Fix this and I might feel like doing more than the bare minimum with festivals. They used to be fun with better loot. I still enjoy the holidays but dang the loot from the respective bags suck.

• Confused 2

40 minutes ago, FortnitemareCourt.8354 said:

After Halloween & Wintersday with the terrible drop rates of the new weapon skins and then no food I just didn't feel like doing much more than the metas this year. Fix this and I might feel like doing more than the bare minimum with festivals. They used to be fun with better loot. I still enjoy the holidays but dang the loot from the respective bags suck.

had 308 bags collected from 5 accounts got 1 skin droped.