Where the food at?

itspomf.9523

40 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I hope they don't seriously remove festival food. These foods are critical parts of many off-meta builds, and even a few metal builds (like the Rice Ball from Lunar New Year).

Some of them can be crafted, but not all of them.

Yea and they remove all that can be crafted since they can be broken into research notes

• Sad 1

Getting bent because of research notes, ironically a system they didn't do the research for, before implementing.

If you have to kill other systems to facilitate a system no one wants, you're just wasting your time breaking other systems you'll eventually have to fix, rather than taking the broken system itself to task.

If you have to keep changing the game for a bad change you made, maybe look at the change, and not the rest of the game? Grade School kitten, yo.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

the mats for crafted versions is like 3x more expensive than food itself. some of them use "pile of crystalline dust" for example.

its just make it a "niche" for dye hards who wants maximize MF... because nobody will craft it just for research notes, even exotic armor is more cheaper.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 10/20/2022 at 3:33 AM, Tekoneiric.6817 said:

They could have at least replaced them with slightly different versions that can't be salvaged for research notes.

Yep, changing the craftable versions to "Homemade X" and making the ones you get in the ToT bags unsalvageable would be an easy fix.

They apparently don't want them to exist at all though. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

To be honest I'm at the point where I firmly believe that this was done because it was the fastest solution and they wanted to be done with getting out a already late holiday arrival.

So late.

Imagine kittening a lot of end game systems sideways because you wanted to be lazy? Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast. If you'd picked the slower solution, you'd not have to spend time fixing all the new problems ya'll created by rushing.

Edited by Fan Didly Tastic.7169
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Personally, I don't intend to stop rabble rousing on this one until I get a serious response. I really enjoyed stacking these items and to have them completely taken away after 10 years over something I have zero control over and that the devs did to themselves is beyond frustrating. In short, I'm not letting this go.

Edited by Kuraito.9162
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The Winter's Day Orphan farm is going to suck. 
If you preview a Wintersday gift box it no longer drops holiday food either.  Wintersday food was my main source of wrapped presents to give to the orphans in-order to receive karma.  What I am I going to turn into wrapped presents now? 
Seriously how can I gift Thirty orphans per day like this?!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

The worst part is that many of us use these foods because since they added the birthday cakes, most people have stopped dropping ascended food - even in instanced end game combat like raids/strikes. Ascended food is so costly right now especially if you do wvw, where you make little to no in-game currency and we relied on festivals to be able to buff our characters to compete. 

I would rather them make a permanent food/utility primer available for purchase if they are going to remove access to food that doesn't cost you the same or more than gain from content you're trying to do.

• Like 6

Honestly I don't even use the Halloween utilities for myself, I like to use them during metas to turn people fun colors when I res them. It's silly, and as far as I know it's the only item that does that. Please just remove them from research salvage, don't take away the fun!

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

If I were them, I would add them back in, in non-researchable form, on Tuesday, and do it temporarily at a higher drop rate this year to make up for the week of not getting them from bags at all. This is the kind of thing they gotta handle in a timely manner or it's just going to cause people to lose faith even if they address it later. Probably the worst possible thing they could do is stay completely silent about it and let it become the new normal, while eating the negative feedback. That might work on players who join after the change and don't know the difference, but even some of those players are going to get an earful about it from some of the existing players and it will cause them to second-guess what they are putting their time and money into. There is always a cost to being careless and causing faithful, optimistic players to turn into jaded, cynical players. I know GW2 loves its spectacle and splash, but it's the day to day of changes that can make the biggest impact. Stuff like this might not seem like a big deal compared to more pressing development priorities, but if lots of little things like this are handled poorly over time, people are gonna pick up on a pattern and they aren't gonna be happy with the pattern they're seeing, to put it lightly.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Another reason why research notes are a completely cursed mechanic. Causing festival rewards that had been ingame for a decade to be removed, just so players can't get research notes.

They added the research notes system and are continually preventing players from getting research notes? Am I just dense or does that idea really sound like no sane mind would come up with that?

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

If I were them, I would add them back in, in non-researchable form, on Tuesday, and do it temporarily at a higher drop rate this year to make up for the week of not getting them from bags at all. This is the kind of thing they gotta handle in a timely manner or it's just going to cause people to lose faith even if they address it later

I really doubt this stands out among their many odd missteps. I guess its another straw but they have so many.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

The Winter's Day Orphan farm is going to suck. 
If you preview a Wintersday gift box it no longer drops holiday food either.  Wintersday food was my main source of wrapped presents to give to the orphans in-order to receive karma.  What I am I going to turn into wrapped presents now? 
Seriously how can I gift Thirty orphans per day like this?!

You only need 29 since you should get 1 gift as a drop unless you literally play nothing else in game.

There are other stuff on the same vendor that can be used for the gifts.

6 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

If I were them, I would add them back in, in non-researchable form, on Tuesday, and do it temporarily at a higher drop rate this year to make up for the week of not getting them from bags at all. This is the kind of thing they gotta handle in a timely manner or it's just going to cause people to lose faith even if they address it later.

The thing they forgot to do is reduce quantity of the Halloween materials in the recipes at least for the utilities. Right now those materials account for 50-60% of the cost. Not because the materials are individually expensive but simply because of how many are needed. The current recipe sets the minimum cost of the utilities to 2s10c.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1