Thank you for the April quest & riddles!

I haven't had this much fun in GW2 in quite a while. Well written, and I had a blast doing the riddles and returning to all those places. 🙂

You can introduce such quests as Side Stories more often! 👍

P.S. /waves at the real April, if you happen to read this 😉

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

I did resort to a guide on occasion, plus asked in Map chat at various points, but I did my best to solve each bit on my own before looking for help.  The chair was a fun reward I didn't know was coming.

I think in-game April is supposed to be findable somewhere after doing the collection.  I hope to come across her.  She's awesome, RL April is awesome, this was an awesome idea awesomely implemented.  Thanks ANet!

• Like 4

I enjoyed this quest a lot too and the rewards are fantastic. It was done for a good cause, but it also added new lore to the game. 👀

For those wondering what those rewards are:

• 15 AP
  • The title 'Detective'
  • An invisible chair with three poses built into it that you can switch between while seated <-- Would love to see this for other chairs!
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

An invisible chair with three poses built into it that you can switch between while seated <-- Would love to see this for other chairs!

Maybe there is a hint, that it could have 5 possible poses. Because if you change a pose not only the slots 1,2,3 show some cooldown-counter, but also the empty slots 4,5. Or is this a small visual bug?

But I agree. It was a fun afternoon doing this quest.

• Like 1

I do enjoy this quest line but... it does seem a bit odd to put a story line like this behind jps, and timed ones at that.

Edit: Sorry for the confusion. I only mean that JPs are pretty difficult for many, and especially difficult for those less abled. I suppose it is encouraging community spirit though as I do see players doing their best to help those that can't do these JPs.

Edited by abc.4918
Clarification
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Glad there are people that enjoyed it. However, as someone who's not into jumping puzzle (did all of them, just don't enjoy that kind of stuff) I did not. Just did it for the AP and used the wiki and a video for everything. Else I'd probably gone mad figuring out those "mini games"...

On a side note- is it just me or does the 3rd pose for females look like the seat should come at least with a bush or a thunderbox and some paper?

• Confused 1

I didn't watch the Extra Life livestream so I had to ask other people how to start the collection, and had to write down the hints since they don't seem to be recorded anywhere in the game, but other than that I'm having fun with it. I've only had time to do the first step so far but I think I know where to go for the second one.

• Like 2

I wish they would have said you cant complete this if you have not done all the derlict delve puzzle! Im so mad right now, me and a new friend went to do this got to the last part of this frustrating puzzle and cant finish because the final door is locked, not cool anet. You should warn people so new players and old that never did this frustrating puzzle know it has to be complete before you can even finish the achievement for the chair, I hate that freaking place 

Edited by Xanadrine.4352
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, Xanadrine.4352 said:

I wish they would have said you cant complete this if you have not done all the derlict delve puzzle! Im so mad right now, me and a new friend went to do this got to the last part of this frustrating puzzle and cant finish because the final door is locked, not cool anet. You should warn people so new players and old that never did this frustrating puzzle know it has to be complete before you can even finish the achievement for the chair, I hate that freaking place 

Then do the puzzle. I thought it to be hard too before doing it years ago, but it's really not that hard, especially if you have multiple ppl killing the mobs. Wiki guide can be found here. If you need to only unlock the last door then skip to third (spider) room runestone locations. You can use mounts so if you have skyscale just "cheese" thru it. Also, the devs said on stream that this is a permanent hidden collection added to the game so no need to hurry with it.

Edited by Jukhy.2431
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xanadrine.4352 said:

and cant finish because the final door is locked, not cool anet.

Friendly Mesmers can port you through all doors, including the final/water room.

39 minutes ago, Jukhy.2431 said:

do the puzzle. I thought it to be hard too before doing it years ago, but it's really not that hard, especially if you have multiple ppl killing the mobs

Yeah, I thought too, it was hard. And hated it back in the days. When PoF was released I never did the puzzle myself, but had help from friendly Mesmers. But now it seemed relatively straight forward and easy and I had quite fun doing the puzzle myself for the first time, so I also finished the weapons collections in the puzzle-rooms.

Skyskale helps a lot. And a build with good dps and self sustain, maybe a Mecha-LI-build so you can focus more on the rooms/task. It helps if you kill/melt mobs fast and go out of combat to be able to mount up. And if you are alone in the rooms (I was) be careful not to pull too much mobs at once. Especially in the spider room. And kill the webs in the spider room before you run into them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zok.4956 said:

Friendly Mesmers can port you through all doors, including the final/water room.

Found one that got us through, so I tipped him 5g it was worth it. But the chair is bugged you cant use any of its positions once you add it in the chair slot. Before I added it I just used it from my bag and it was cool you could sit in diff positions. Once i added it it broke it, cant use the buttons and change how you sit, why?

• Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Xanadrine.4352 said:

But the chair is bugged you cant use any of its positions once you add it in the chair slot. Before I added it I just used it from my bag and it was cool you could sit in diff positions. Once i added it it broke it, cant use the buttons and change how you sit, why?

Probably a bug. My chair positions work from the extras slot.

• Like 1

I think I broke the collection. I got to the 'orb hunt' step, collected 2 then had to log out briefly and when I logged back in I had to start over but then didn't get the buff for collecting them. Now I can't get the buff to trigger so I've got no way of knowing how many I've collected and nothing happened when I ran out of orbs to find. Someone told me there's 15 so I'll have to do it again and count them as I go to make sure I wasn't just missing one, but I have a bad feeling I can't trigger the next step.

I reported it to Anet so hopefully they'll fix it (even if it's just that the buff doesn't show), otherwise I don't think I can finish this.

• Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Now I can't get the buff to trigger so I've got no way of knowing how many I've collected and nothing happened when I ran out of orbs to find.

I did not get a buff-icon when I was collecting magic orbs and had to count them myself. It was the same for others in my map.

When going to character selection screen, or logging off, or interacting with the start-item all orbs reset and all have to be collected again.

21 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Someone told me there's 15

Yes. In both encounters you have to collect 15 magic orbs. The Wiki has a map with their positions.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Someone_in_Need

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

I did not get a buff-icon when I was collecting magic orbs and had to count them myself. It was the same for others in my map.

When going to character selection screen, or logging off, or interacting with the start-item all orbs reset and all have to be collected again.

Yes. In both encounters you have to collect 15 magic orbs. The Wiki has a map with their positions.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Someone_in_Need

According to the wiki, you get the buff that counts the orbs in the later collection, but not in the area the first time you have to collect them.

I’ve only done the first three items so far, so I’ve only experienced the area where it appears to be bugged. I’m hoping the wiki is right, and the orb count buff works int the other area. It’s a pita doing it blind.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Xanadrine.4352 said:

"Frustrating" puzzle? Puzzles like these are the best !

I had a blast doing them when PoF came out. This is what good RPGs are all about: using your brain to solve a task, not just mindlessly rampaging through maps on a killing spree.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

"Frustrating" puzzle? Puzzles like these are the best !

I had a blast doing them when PoF came out. This is what good RPGs are all about: using your brain to solve a task, not just mindlessly rampaging through maps on a killing spree.

Ooh that's extremely subjective.  

While I enjoyed doing it for April, I had never completed the last puzzle.  It was mildly annoying to go back and forth with the runes to unlock doors.  Skyscale cuts down on the tedious factor.  

A nice break from mowing down things, sure.  Appropriate for a mesmer story, yes.  Do I love puzzles, no.