I waited almost a decade for concrete changes on scepter..and finally Anet delivers

Arheundel.6451

And while I was expecting joy and celebration on the ele subforum...what I find  people whining that their alac whatever heal tempest lose their water trident????!! Like potentially ...after 12 years waiting I may be finally able to play a viable ranged elementalist minus the impossible requirements to make it work, I may be finally able to play an elemantist in GW2 like it was in GW1......

MMO are supposed to be Players VS Player experience.....no Players VS AI Mob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 32

6 hours ago, Markus.6415 said:

Huh... thanks for telling me, I had no idea. Gotta stop playing the biggest part of the game then.

Thx god the new dev team wants ele to be good at more than simply killing static golems....record the lot and post on youtube for some kind of accreditation from cult like individuals 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 14

3 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Thx god the new dev team wants ele to be good at more than simply killing static golems....record the lot and post on youtube for some kind of accreditation from cult like individuals 

I have this awkard feeling that people have wrong idea about Scepter overall, like they believe that it's "support" weapon, even though the whole kit screams "selfish af with some single/smollAoE damage". That Water Trident on allies looks more like a "welp, let's add it for memes" than anything else.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Because most players of this game are not pvp players so they don't have the slightest clue how big of potential scepter has and the future changes made in this patch. 

I was shocked to read a lot of the changes. It pushes scepter directly into the direction it needs to be in. And no... Scepter isn't a support weapon. Lol. 

In pvp, weapons have to stand out on their own. They have to carry their own weight without expectation of a support/healer holding their hand all the time. Thats the purpose of the changes made to scepter. 

It's nice to see barrier finally added to this weapon. Something that has been asked for from the community for ages now. 

Edited by Stallic.2397
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

You play tempest heal with warhorn , now what will you take as main weapon ? i guess nothing . And MMo are supposed to be sociale interactions , so if you want social , you dont pvp or wvw , i only play pvp and wvw when i lack salt on my pasta , but after 10 minutes i am overflowing with salt . At least pve mobs are polite , when you beat them , some of them says : good fight ! never heard that in pvp , most like : you cheater , you killed me , enjoy report ... blablabla... and ppl dancing on your body cause their live sux so much , that they feel like having accomplish something huge . Thats pvp ! allowing people hidden behind a screen to play "the bad boy" and "thug life" as they are complete trash irl. Being a bit sensational here , ofc i had sometimes really enjoyable ppl in those modes but if i have to cut the % (personal experience) i would say 25% polite and courteous and 75% of punchface little kids.

7 hours ago, Markus.6415 said:

Huh... thanks for telling me, I had no idea. Gotta stop playing the biggest part of the game then.

Literally ! ty .

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

With the change to water I'm wondering if it will be enough to have a proper dps output in this element, more sustain on earth attunment is welcome (well, it depend on the amount of barrier we are talking about) but the change from vuln to chill on shatterstone don't please me much thought... I guess it's nice from a PvP point of view.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

With the change to water I'm wondering if it will be enough to have a proper dps output in this element, more sustain on earth attunment is welcome (well, it depend on the amount of barrier we are talking about) but the change from vuln to chill on shatterstone don't please me much thought... I guess it's nice from a PvP point of view.

It should chill on cast and vuln on the eruption. Removing the vulnerability is bad for pvping too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strider.7849 said:

It should chill on cast and vuln on the eruption. Removing the vulnerability is bad for pvping too.

They just moved vuln to the Air attunement, wich is where vuln from from Ele is centered mostly anyways. What I'm really hoping is that they finally adjust the shatterstone sound effects xD they never did after the last reduction in detonation time and adding another reduction. So theres under 1s of the actual attack and like... 3 seconds of exploding ice shard sounds. Extremely unimportant i know... but it's bugging me since years 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

Remember how Necromancer can change the skill of their Scepter 3 via a trait?  Why not that for Elementalist healers, but via Water?

Under their new design philosophy all the weapons are taxed for each strike, buff, condition, evade, combo field, and finisher that they do.   I presume that's why sword didn't get touched, as it does a lot theoretically but that doesn't necessarily make it a good weapon.  What is going to happen to staff or dagger?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 11/12/2022 at 9:03 AM, Arheundel.6451 said:

And while I was expecting joy and celebration on the ele subforum...what I find  people whining that their alac whatever heal tempest lose their water trident????!! Like potentially ...after 12 years waiting I may be finally able to play a viable ranged elementalist minus the impossible requirements to make it work, I may be finally able to play an elemantist in GW2 like it was in GW1......

MMO are supposed to be Players VS Player experience.....no Players VS AI Mob

Amazing isn't it how people can have different opinions and interests. I know I was shocked too when I found out. The audacity!

In all seriousness your definition of mmo couldn't be further from the truth. MMO means, massive multiplayer online. Meaning playing with a large number of players at a given time. There are plenty of mmos that focus just on pve or pvp, somelike gw2 do both(though I would say the largest focus is on pve).  Also waiting 12 years? The game only recently turned 10...I'm wondering how many of those years you missed when Fresh Air ele was at it's peak in pvp and wvw roaming or staff ele in early pvp days, later wvw zergs and pve for a while. FA doesn't see as much play today because of it's poor counter to the condi burst we have these days, along with the discharge nerfs etc. 

Honestly I like most of the scepter changes except for the loss of allied aoe heal on trident. Something they could easily have kept in pve. With all that HAT would be awesome, scepter DPS would be a bit better perhaps (Honestly we won't know if the changes will make it better or not till we get to try it.)

• Thanks 1

On 11/12/2022 at 5:54 PM, zeyeti.8347 said:

You play tempest heal with warhorn , now what will you take as main weapon ? i guess nothing .

I always considered dagger to be the weapon you brought for support if you wanted a supportive offhand myself. Healing breath, greater aura access. You do lose the ability to generate a lot of Might by blast finishing fire fields, but I could see a more aggressive scepter leading to alacdps boon builds.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

I always considered dagger to be the weapon you brought for support if you wanted a supportive offhand myself. Healing breath, greater aura access. You do lose the ability to generate a lot of Might by blast finishing fire fields, but I could see a more aggressive scepter leading to alacdps boon builds.

Overload and feel the burn give 25 stacks of might.

How much more might stacks do you want?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DaKillaOfHell.5907 said:

Overload and feel the burn give 25 stacks of might.

How much more might stacks do you want?

Fire overload is on a 180 aoe , this skill only is not reliable as might provider for group content , you have to play with warhorn to get the full juice out of it , as for "feel the burn" we already short on heals so  all my utilty skills will go for defensiv and healing . 

A good improvement would make the boon apllication from earth and fire overload 360 wide (dont forget that some might generator supports have 600 range ...)

6 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

And whats the use of greater aura access ? you dont play with elemental bastion , so aura are pretty much useless ... and if you want to share it you give up soothing water increase healing , who is your main source of heal as healtemp. (talked about pve , auras are very strong in pvp indeed)

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

Fire overload is on a 180 aoe , this skill only is not reliable as might provider for group content , you have to play with warhorn to get the full juice out of it , as for "feel the burn" we already short on heals so  all my utilty skills will go for defensiv and healing . 

So the question is QoL, not what tempest can actually do atm. You can get 25 stacks of might on ur group, but the group must be willing to get that might by standing in ur OL. If ur group is running around like headless chickens you need to bring additional tools to support them. Im all for making it easier to provide boons, but scepter is not "a must have" to get the job done. Ive been doing some HAT runs with dagger for a few months now. Have no problems with stacking 25 stacks of might especially considering that a lot of dps classes pump out might/fury by accident. That actually adds some slack to the support. 

• Like 1

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Piercing_Shards

piercing shards rework maybe?

Cuz now that Shatterstone doesnt give vuln anymore.... there is no real skill in water to quickly apply vuln before a burst... which is odd considering there is a vulnerability trait in water... 

i mean.. there is the dagger AA´s... and i think icespike on staff....  but thats it. If they move vulnerability to air, they should rework the vulnerability trait in water.

something like: Chilled foes deal 10% less damage. this would buff up the effectiveness of Frostaura from a 10% damage reduction to a 20% reduction after the first hit chilled the enemy.  

or the other way around, 

"you deal 10% more damage to chilled foes;effectiveness is increased to 15% while attuned to water" pairing this with "flow like water" could make for some potent core scepter builds with water. The burst from the trident could be pretty juicy if they go down that route. If they want to juice up the scepter a littlebit and turn water into something more agressive... this could be the way to go.

thoughts on that?

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

And whats the use of greater aura access ? you dont play with elemental bastion , so aura are pretty much useless ... and if you want to share it you give up soothing water increase healing , who is your main source of heal as healtemp. (talked about pve , auras are very strong in pvp indeed)

It's there. You could set up a build that doesn't use it, of course, but it's still there if your trait priorities change. Your claim was that without water trident healing, the options for a support mainhand weapon was "I guess nothing", and, well, you guess wrong, I guess? Dagger still exists and has supportive aspects. Cone of Cold doesn't currently generate the healing per second that Water Trident does, but with a numbers tweak, maybe add regen to the final pulse, and you're pretty much back to where you were, apart from losing out on a bit of range.

In the long run, I think elementalist will benefit from having one of the core weapons dedicated to dealing damage, and scepter probably was the most logical choice.

• Like 1