Queue Issues & Beta Announcement

Stonemist.4680

• ArenaNet Staff

Greetings from the Mists!

We’re aware of the issues involving the WvW Queue at the moment and are looking into the issue.

And, while we have your attention, we’ll mention that the latest World Restructuring Beta Event begins on Dec. 2nd. This Beta will have more UI work and further behind the scenes work on automation.

Seeing you all in the Mists.

Floyd Grubb
Senior WvW Designer

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

What are we supposed to do about the Team selection stuff? You've sprung this on us with very little notice. A little direction would be nice for a change.

We have guildies who aren't on and may not be able to select a Team in time if that is required.

Edited by Heibi.4251
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

Devs, you were gettin so much better with communication 😄

Two day notice is too short - especially when it was mentioned how "in game mails" helped reduce the number of wrong world selections. Well, now we're bound to have players miss their team picks coz they don't see the beta coming or are unable to login before reset.

Also - the world selection panel will confuse people. I assume it does not work, since it's not at all how Alliances are supposed to work?

In game mails and more announcements on social media/forums please o/ and clarification on the world select window.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, James.3982 said:

Devs, you were gettin so much better with communication 😄

Two day notice is too short - especially when it was mentioned how "in game mails" helped reduce the number of wrong world selections. Well, now we're bound to have players miss their team picks coz they don't see the beta coming or are unable to login before reset.

Also - the world selection panel will confuse people. I assume it does not work, since it's not at all how Alliances are supposed to work?

In game mails and more announcements on social media/forums please o/ and clarification on the world select window.

In game mail? I never got one. just spam throughout my discord servers😅

• Like 1

I never got an ingame mail, and with only 2days notice is like it's a crump being swept off the table.....Insignificant.

How do you expect alliances consisting of hundreds of players to full prepare and organise with such short notice.

Really poor planning on your part anet

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

if you are in a good guild you are oragnised in discord, teamspeak, you are social and got contact data of your guildies like email, sms, whatsapp and will find a way to contact everyone through whatever communication plattform you guys are using by one click and a small message which is send to everybody in the guild.

players who really want to play with their team/alliance will have choosen the wvw guild already weeks ago in guild hud as they keep up to date with their friends and you will have talked about that new guild function already in your guild raids weeks ago didnt you? 

i mean its not the very first beta, you guys should be organised for such short 1 weeks event already. posting in this thread like "we cant organise now" but not telling what exactly you need to do is kind of unfair as you dont give anet the beta feedback what you guilds do and anet wont have the chance to understand it and maybe build some more guild or alliances functions for you. what do you need to organise now at all?

if you are a solo player you dont need any notice before anyways, the system will assign you randomly upon your own wish as you decline to be part of a team anyways.

Edited by roederich.2716
  • Like 6
  • Confused 7

No Ingame mail 😞
such short notice is going to lead to massive frustration and guilds being split all over the place, which will mean a lot of unhappy campers for a week.
Surely you should see the error of only 2 days notice, and mosr wvw players only finding out second hand.
Not every single player monitors the forum.👿

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I guess it's nice that the game remembers your settings from last time, will probably save most that's been going into the betas wtih their guilds. Perhaps not so much this time for the guilds that has been organizing Alliance/community guilds together as a stand in for the alliance system. Guilds that sometimes just disbands or you get kicked out when beta is done and you wait to make a new one until you know when next beta is happening... And you end up with your guild members not having their automatic setting on their main guild.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heibi.4251 said:

What are we supposed to do about the Team selection stuff? You've sprung this on us with very little notice. A little direction would be nice for a change.

We have guildies who aren't on and may not be able to select a Team in time if that is required.

it should be auto selected from last time i think

• Like 2