It is just me, or Anet is destroying every profission because of PvP/WvW ?

Peter.3901

Destroying every profession? I don't know about you, but some are now doing better than they have in years or at least months. 

Some feel like they are in a rougher spot after getting toned down but I imagine the next patch would be able to address that. 

Even weaver got some pve love at last. 

I'm guessing you're a deadeye main? Though the range nerf never went live. So could you be a bit more specific?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Well letz say it like this: they used to ignore pvp and only balanced for pvp just by numbers. Seems like they switched this thinking a bit. Now they just work to made everything balanced as good as it could be for pvp and just fine tune them for pve after it. 

And to me this makes just more sence since pvp is just more mechanics focused to be in a good/bad/broken Spot while for pve it is simply numbers that made the difference (just for dps classes but also for heal supp stuff)

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

I'm not happy with last balance patches but mostly in PvP, 'cause they always buff already stronger builds in pvp (untamed, holo, cata, tempest, etc.)  and forget weak ones with no reason, but destroying game 'cause pvp or wvw, wtf?

PvE is so diverse right now.

Think that:

HoT PvE Meta for YEARS:

Druid + Chrono for support. Tempest + 1 or 2 Warriors for DPS Groups. 

PoF PvE Meta for YEARS:

HB/QB + Ren/Chrono for support. Weaver + War.

And then

9 Guards (1 HN/QB; rest DragonHunters) and 1 Alac Source (Chrono or Ren).

Right now all classes can be played. We still need some nerfs and buffs in certain specs. But is not so bad like before.

Edited by ZolracAtrox.2908
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Define "Destroying" 

If you mean in the way of "destroying the class identity" then I have to say yes, a little bit. 

Key examples I would bring up from EoD Especs are Willbender and Harbinger. 

VIRTUES? HUH!? 
SHROUD? HUH!? 

At least for Necro's Scourge, you could maybe excuse the Desert Barrier thing as "replacement for Shroud", for Harbinger though Shroud isn't Shroud anymore, it's just a 3rd weapon set to swap to. 

Granted, this is a change which really does help Necro be more active in Strike/Raid content, because it allows Healers to actually heal them instead of the Shroud health potentially messing with heals and if a Necro emerges from Shroud very injured, they need to be power healed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Seem like they want to balance the game around a gamemode that most of the community dont care. Yo anet, pvp aint fun because of balance, its not fun fun because of cc spam and condi bomb. Oh also zone control get old reallllly quick, why no team death match, capture the flag, vip, etc?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

The only two elite specs that come to mind for this as far as EoD goes are Scrapper and Specter. 

Scrapper thankfully dodged a bullet. They managed to keep mobile gyros and the bulk of the nerfs were relegated to PvP/WvW only. 

Specter wasn't so lucky. They overnerfed shroud in PvE because specter was dominating high end PvP They could have skill split the nerf but chose not to. They recently gave specter 33% damage reduction in PvE to compensate for the nerf, but it's still a net nerf. You still heal less from consume shadows.  

I don't think specter is destroyed in PvE, but it's the most recent example that come to mind that you could make an agrument for. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/9/2022 at 1:42 AM, Pati.2438 said:

Well letz say it like this: they used to ignore pvp and only balanced for pvp just by numbers. Seems like they switched this thinking a bit. Now they just work to made everything balanced as good as it could be for pvp and just fine tune them for pve after it. 

And to me this makes just more sence since pvp is just more mechanics focused to be in a good/bad/broken Spot while for pve it is simply numbers that made the difference (just for dps classes but also for heal supp stuff)

I've been saying this for the longest. It makes absolutely no sense to do it the other way around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 12/10/2022 at 1:05 PM, Kuma.1503 said:

The only two elite specs that come to mind for this as far as EoD goes are Scrapper and Specter. 

Scrapper thankfully dodged a bullet. They managed to keep mobile gyros and the bulk of the nerfs were relegated to PvP/WvW only. 

And PvP Scrapper didnt even deserv a nerf; that was 100% thankfully to wvw

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 12/10/2022 at 11:15 PM, Makuragee.3058 said:

Seem like they want to balance the game around a gamemode that most of the community dont care. Yo anet, pvp aint fun because of balance, its not fun fun because of cc spam and condi bomb. Oh also zone control get old reallllly quick, why no team death match, capture the flag, vip, etc?

Anet keep trying to do this whole PvP Esport thing since godknows how long ago. 

Gw2 isn't gonna ever be an Esport game, the class balance is too wack, especially since there are so many variables. The only way Gw2 can ever achieve Esport level interest is if they start banning specs or busted traits that interact with each other. At that point, there's no point in even playing Gw2 anymore. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

On 12/18/2022 at 11:27 AM, Yasai.3549 said:

Anet keep trying to do this whole PvP Esport thing since godknows how long ago. 

Gw2 isn't gonna ever be an Esport game, the class balance is too wack, especially since there are so many variables. The only way Gw2 can ever achieve Esport level interest is if they start banning specs or busted traits that interact with each other. At that point, there's no point in even playing Gw2 anymore. 

I thought this seened famaliar to me lol here we go again!

Edited by Ryou.2398
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2022 at 6:42 AM, Pati.2438 said:

So kitten true! Couldn't have said it better myself, pvpers have to know the mechanics of their class precisely if they want to climb rank solo, also they need to know about positioning, when to step in, when to roam etc. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For Thief yeah cuz they're obsessed so much with single-target DPS SPvP gameplay for the whole class that PvE feels awful with any weapon that isn't Shortbow and Staff (the only AoE weapons) and we have little to offer WvW zergs cuz of it. Plus most of our weapons carry an SPvP only design with weird forced movement that ruins them in PvE like Pistol/Dagger 3 that people hate so much they have to animation cancel glitch it to make it useable, buggy rubberbandy Scepter/Pistol and Leaping Death Blossom~ an inferior version of what GW1's was.

SPvP dictates way too much of Thief's design and it's been nerfed so much in SPvP (which spread to other modes before splitting was a thing) over it's lifespan that I'm not even sure why they still cling to those designs. Thief single-target damage is long dead in SPvP and fights in other parts of the game are way too large scale for hitting only 1-2 enemies at a time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1