Reasonable nerf to all invis skills

Farseer.1349

Hello. Can someone tell me, why invis break on damage is not implemented into game? It would counter any invis tactics on mesmer and give more chance to opponent to survive. It is how invis works in OTHER games. You cannot stay invisible upon taking ANY damage. Also, there should be global cooldown for being invisible.

And I am not speaking about the least readable animations of mesmer class, especially on asura.

Otherwise this BS will go on, on and on. Again and again.

While this situation exists, every time mesmer disappeared you have to run into corner and enter into blocking state. It should be fixed. Mesmer is reasonably the most hated class in the game(not speaking of rangers, that are the most hated with their permaroot). Evem Mech is not so hateful comparing to mesmer. At least Mech doesn't have invis.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

This is not a reasonable nerf to stealth, with all the random aoes going off everywhere (and with the limited stealth duration on most professions).

Anyway, for mesmer bursting from stealth I believe you can hear the sound of the burst going off and you can dodge. I'm not sure if you see any particles, I think you do. In a team fight that can be a bit hard with all the sounds, but mesmer builds I know of either do nothing in team fights or die in a few seconds when focused (or both).

Also I don't think mesmer is the most hated class, at least aside from beginners (though there probably thief is more hated).

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Farseer.1349 said:

Can someone tell me, why invis break on damage is not implemented into game

Because then every stealth based class would suck. Big aoe would be too easy to land against stealthed opponents and something like lingering condis would kill the stealth immediately as soon as the person tried to stealth and took damage.

16 minutes ago, Farseer.1349 said:

every time mesmer disappeared you have to run into corner and enter into blocking state.

This ^ is probably a very large reason why you're having problems with opponents that stealth.

Stop doing that.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 2

Hoe can you counter invis? Invis plus blink? The only way to counter this is damaging aoe, preventing approach. Otherwise - no counter. No counter - OP, unbalanced.

Also, you have to run into corner to kill all illusions in1 seconds to prevent damage. Otherwise they will round you. Or fight in the corridor. But not at open space. Never. invis/blink classes are reasonably hated. As well as players, preferring to play these classes. I am sure, they never play fair melee classes.

PS DnD barbarian punishes any invis user. And it's fair. And totally balanced.

Edited by Farseer.1349
  • Haha 3

You counter invis by getting ready to dodge their burst, while using melee attacks or AoEs to track them through stealth. Stealth breaking on damage would take a mechanic thats already only good for quick repositioning (or accessing stealth attacks in thief) and make it entirely worthless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Again, that a stealth topic is made but not complaining about thief in the OP should be very sad for thief mains as at least 2/3rds of the class revolves around it.

14 hours ago, Farseer.1349 said:

While this situation exists, every time mesmer disappeared you have to run into corner and enter into blocking state. It should be fixed. Mesmer is reasonably the most hated class in the game(not speaking of rangers, that are the most hated with their permaroot). Evem Mech is not so hateful comparing to mesmer. At least Mech doesn't have invis.

You can't even permaroot necro's anymore, which is equally sad as a ranger main.  Literally every class has ways out of root and most are straight up immune to it, to the point where playing Druid is a gamble.  

Anway, for mesmer clones the trick is using an AoE  attack at the right time.  If there are no clones, there is nothing to shatter.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267

1 hour ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

the only nerf i suggest is heartseeker +1 initiative cost if not cast in range of an enemy player

Heartseeker initiative cost is increased; if it connects, the increased initiative is refunded. Would work pretty much as it does now for killing weakened opponents, can't be used as much to spam stealth. Have been saying this for years now.

35 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Heartseeker initiative cost is increased; if it connects, the increased initiative is refunded. Would work pretty much as it does now for killing weakened opponents, can't be used as much to spam stealth. Have been saying this for years now.

if it does it doesn't say so like unload, which has a very clear tooltip about the initiative refund

1 hour ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

if it does it doesn't say so like unload, which has a very clear tooltip about the initiative refund

Nono, it doesn't do that. That's what I think heartseeker should do. 

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I really think there should be proximity-based sounds and visuals to make it easier spotting a spotted enemy, if they are close.

Complete invisibility when they breath down one's neck should not exist.

I need to double check that but I think stealthed enemies can still move grass, or I'm making things up in my mind?

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695

the only place i find stealth broken is in wvw on a deadeye rifle 1v1'ing, tho with that said it has not rly any else to offer but the way it can run stealth shoot repeat without letting target get close is a bit of an issue in my opinion, now mesmers and thiefs in general in example PvP which this topic is mainly on i do not see a problem with stealth, even the deadeye rifle build is fine there as there are points in which plays an important role towards the engagement of any fight rather than example again as mentioned above wvw where u run endlessly without any point as such to fight over.