Black Lion Requisition Missions [Merged]

11 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

I just left one of the mails in my inbox to remind me every day that hey it's coming up.

So did I.  My mail is a week old, so I thought that tuesday was week 2...  which it wasn't.

A quick reminder would have been nice. I mean, we get all sorts of spamm-y mails from arena net, why not a useful one once in a while? (;

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, Rankomonaut.4708 said:

So did I.  My mail is a week old, so I thought that tuesday was week 2...  which it wasn't.

A quick reminder would have been nice. I mean, we get all sorts of spamm-y mails from arena net, why not a useful one once in a while? (;

I do agree a quick in-game note each week would be a good reminder.   I really don't receive many emails from them, so I would be good with just a little note each Tuesday when I log on.

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I remembered to BL Requisitioner, but completely forgot to look for Gorrik’s audio log.

Priorities, I guess. 😄

From what anet said, audio logs started yesterday so doesn't seem like you forgot about anything here?

2 hours ago, Lysica.1027 said:

It would cost ANet nothing but goodwill to let the event run an extra week or two for anyone who missed out especially considering the CEF/Coherent login fiesta yesterday.

Ok, what about people who would then miss on that extended week or two period? Extend again? Ok. What if people still missed or started playing after that extended time ends? 😉

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

From what anet said, audio logs started yesterday so doesn't seem like you forgot about anything here?

I was on last night after reset.

Was it supposed to come in the mail? Or do we have to go somewhere?

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Confused 2

I am so upset I missed Week1 of the Black Lion Requisition Missions because I was in hospital and now I am going to miss the entire achievement because of it... Unless this event is going to be repeated at some point Arenanet should be more understanding.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Hexxat.4201 said:

I am so upset I missed Week1 of the Black Lion Requisition Missions because I was in hospital and now I am going to miss the entire achievement because of it... Unless this event is going to be repeated at some point Arenanet should be more understanding.

You haven’t missed it. You can’t get tier 4, but there are rewards each week and each tier.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

The first week this 'free'  Black Lion items event went live i got around 25 letters to 'remind' me, now i know it was a bug and annoying but at least i got a reminder and went straight to the nearest city, the 2nd 3rd and fourth weeks though? nothing, no icon reminder like you get on the TP in the UI when there are gifts available, ni in game mail, i dont even recall it being on the log in which cycles special offers and freebies. Couldnt you have at least re set up the letters, or if not at least allow the previous week to be bought, or recycle the event so any with missed weeks can finish it.

Edited by Whirlygig.9685
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

No kitten Cuks, you reckon?! lol seriously though, there wasnt even a yellow star top right screen in game which is usually what pops up when there is some sort of side event, that even happened when the dogs thing happened in Lions Arch, alongside mail as i recall -  so none of the usual identifiers in any of the usual places.

Anet please at least recycle this event, and always have some sort of visual reminder, Thx

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Agreed.
You should at the very least be able to exchange items from the previous weeks so everyone can complete the event.

So far I haven't seen any official response anywhere, not here on the official forums and not on Reddit either even though there has been a lot of threads about this issue.

Since the last week of the event just started, I think they'll just continue to ignore this as they have done the last few weeks.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

I am dyslexic. I do not keep up with temporary events without reminders and there are always reminders of some kind, except here.

Edit: and whoever one second after i posted put up a confused reaction, if someone with a learning difficulty says how it is difficult for them you do not start disagreeing with them. Take some lessons in discimination.,

Edited by Honkytonk.5362
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

3 hours ago, vares.8457 said:

Going to the vendor one time a week is really not that difficult to remember. 

It is for me. The truth is, a week is a very long time, particularly if you already do a lot in the game. My daily and weekly list seems to get longer as time goes on. A lot longer.

If everything reset at the same time, it wouldnt' be so bad. I would get it when I got my antique summoning stones once a week, but it resets on a different day. WvW weeklies, reset on a different day. Raid reset on a different day. Daily I like to do at least Dragon Storm and sometimes TD, but I'm raiding so much lately that I can barely remember what my name is. 

It's okay that individuals can remember, but my head is full of a lot of stuff, and remembering and I don't feel like I should have to have a calandar program to play a game. An in game reminder, ONE in game reminder lol, wouldn't hurt.   If you're good with remembering it, that's great, though.  Wish I was there. lol

Edited by Vayne.8563
fixed a typo
  • Like 3
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

it seems like a cheap lesson to draw from.

Except is is not, GW2 always has a reminder for these situations. This time they did not, and telling someone who has dyslexia that this is a 'learnable moment' is rude. Both my siblings have it and you can believe they do everything they can to overcome it, its not up to someone without this learning problem to issue directives about what they 'should' have done. Yes they both missed it, I missed it too but because i was working away but i did not remind them simply because i expected the reminders in game to happen. Why can't Anet just be reliable?

• Like 1
  • Confused 10

What were the times that they did reminders? I can't think of any from the past 10 years. Closest I can think of is the annual letter for the orphans.

2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I pinned the 'event' on the watch list for a reminder. 

Me too. Someone also placed a reminder into the guild message.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1