What are your predictions for next balance patch?

Gibson.4036

4 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That doesn't change what I'm telling you. These mechanics are counterable, even at the strategic level. 

At the moment; wait until a new deadeye/powerchrono/soulbeast -like stealth one shot comes with no counterplay like in the past. Scrapper has, fortunately.

Edited by AlPower.2476
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, AlPower.2476 said:

At the moment; wait until a new deadeye/powerchrono/soulbeast stealth one shot comes with no counterplay. Scrapper has, fortunately.

OK, I'm sure we all don't have a problem 'waiting' for that because it's something no one wants to see.

Until THEN, the idea that counterable mechanics need to be nerfed because you label them 'toxic' is just laughable. The anti-stealth crusade needs to take a pause, look at the game history and conclude that stealth is a viable, maintained mechanic and after 10 years, is probably pretty close to how Anet intends for it to be used, offensive or defensive, on the classes where they have decided to give it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

3 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

OK, I'm sure we all don't have a problem 'waiting' for that because it's something no one wants to see.

Until THEN, the idea that counterable mechanics need to be nerfed because you label them 'toxic' is just laughable. The anti-stealth crusade needs to take a pause, look at the game history and conclude that stealth is a viable, maintained mechanic is after 10 years, is probably pretty close to how Anet intends for it to be used, offensive or defensive, on the classes where they have decided to give it. 

The fact that we should wait for inevitable broken builds that have been existed forever intermittently show us that is not a good idea.

Last message for you

Edited by AlPower.2476
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, AlPower.2476 said:

The fact that we should wait for inevitable broken builds that have been existed forever intermittently show us that is not a good idea.

The idea Anet nerf already counterable mechanics because players 'predict' broken builds will exist using these mechanics in the future is absolutely absurd

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

I'd just like to share that, besides changes to MH dagger, I'd like to see changes to lifestealing in general and make it actually worth it. Furthermore I'd love it if lifestealing could get a dedicated rune focussing on power and healing power, and if Plague Signet could be reworked to send conditions away instead of towards you. Replace the active with the active that Signet of Spite currently has, and come up with a new active for Signet of Spite that better fits the Spite-traitline. For MH dagger (necro), I'd like to see a change to the AA where you apply stacks of vampiric marks. Signet of Vampirism needs to have some sort of burst heal, it's utterly useless at this point. And when I say useless, I really do mean it. It's a healing ability that doesn't heal you, but instead provides the group with healing. Due to the internal cooldown of the vampiric marks you apply, you cant use all 25 stacks for yourself, therefore it either gets wasted or the healing goes to other players. I'd also like to see a change to Signets of Suffering where it states that the passive effect always works, similarly to Signet traits on certain other classes (like ele and guardian for example). I think that a signet build for necro has a ton of potential and I really want to see it happen, alongside an actually good lifestealing build.

Edited by Darth Pooh.5638
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

The idea Anet nerf already counterable mechanics because players 'predict' broken builds will exist using these mechanics in the future is absolutely absurd

The trick with balancing is not to look at what theoretically could be strong, but to rather look at how things are actually being used and go from there. I find it very frustrating that, instead of releasing new things and see how it's being adopted by the community, Anet quite often nerfs things beforehand because they're scared that 'bad' things will happen. This unreasonable fear keeps them from making bold but necessary changes, often spanning multiple years before they actually decide to go ahead and do it.

Edited by Darth Pooh.5638
  • Like 3

PvP, nothing useful.

PvE,

mesmer probably nothing of significance.

Necro a slight adjustment to reaper, for the 100th time. It still won’t make it competitive. Slight insignificant other adjustments.

Warrior, hopefully some changes to berserker.

Rev, nothing of significance.

Guardian, changes to FB… again. Still will have flow issues. Still wont be spvp viable. A slight buff to power guardian. Still won’t be where it needs to be. WB, probably nothing.

• Like 1

I am expecting a patch focused on instanced PvE with a couple of PvP/WvW adjustment on the side.

• First I  am hoping for a bug fix on Tempest Alacrity (right now Quickness decrease the number of Alacrity ticks on some overloads) or at the very least a statement about how they are looking into it.
  • I'd like the damage on Alacrity dps Tempest both power and condition to be increased ; even without the alacrity bug, the build is on the weak side of the dps at the moment.
  • I would love if the dps of Alacrity-dps and Quicness-dps builds were to be adjusted. Right now Quickness-dps builds are generally stronger than Alacrity one which hurt class diversity not only for support-dps but also for healers (if Quickness dps are preferred in the meta then Alacrity healer are indirectly more prevalent too).
  • I would like to hear about the change on Fervent force (Untamed grandmaster trait). They have teased it for a while now and I would like to know what is in the box even if it is just a distant preview.
  • A buff to WvW Sneak gyro (even if it just a cooldown reduction) would be fair as this elite is pretty much never taken anymore.
  • If they could take a general look at WvW roaming that would be awesome but they explicitly said roaming is not a balance priority so I don't think it will happen.

And yeah that is about it! The game is pretty fun for me right now so I am fine with only a handful of changes and hopefully a lot of bug fixes.

Edited by Guybrush.4762
  • Like 1

@Obtena.7952 @AlPower.2476

Let me tell ya guys something. 

Yes Stealth is a pretty toxic mechanics. This is also the reason why it was not that spamable as is nowdays. Simple answer to you guys. Stealthed attacks are just nerfed (slightly) is because you could go into near perma stealth and have some speedy Mobility.

This mix makes it Impossible to catch any half brained Thief/Ranger/mesmer those 3 classes have ascess to stealth/Ports/Blocks and good Mobility. While Others are only get good Mobility and some CC (while Last one got hard punished Back then). Only reason why Ranger and Mes are Not Meta rn are scrapper and cata cause both Relie on Instant hard bursts in Comb with superspeed and some AoE skills and some reflection skills means projectile hate.

In short the Main stealth classes are not devine the Meta cause there are Builds that eather oneshot out off stealth with AoE (scrapper) thx to broken Skill or are simply Counter though that class as it does hard AoEs and get some projectilehate plus a Port if used (ele/cata)

• Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 3:41 PM, Nimon.7840 said:

hopefully they further remove cdr traits.
necro still has 7 of them:

spite: spiteful talisman
bloodmagic: quickening thirst
to some extend soulreaping: sinister shroud
scourge: fell beacon and sadistic searing
harbinger: dark gunslinger

and i bet, that necro isnt the only one left with those traits.
but its all in the stars, we will see in the next preview

It would be interesting to see that happen. IMO, the biggest offender is Sinister shroud. But what about Master of corruption? Do you think that one should be the exception because its cool down reduction is pretty vital to its identity? I mean, you debilitate yourself further for greater skill usage. But it still would be taken over the others even if it just forced you to suffer more conditions and the cooldowns were made baseline.

Sinister shroud though, I'd be happy to see it rolled into baseline. What its replaced with? We'll see if they decide to do that.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 2:00 PM, Pati.2438 said:

@MalekithDG.6124 I See the WvW Points they need to do Something against condis and boons indeed. But Ranger buffs? Bru that class is allready broken (its better melee Fighter with pets help than Warrior and Warrior is melee only...) Ranger is good as it is and does not rly need any buffs. Only thing you could say is buff its ranged dps and nerf its melee one but yea. Also you noticed that rangers Greatsword is actually one of the best weapons Ingame right? It get good CC/a decent Block/ 2 evade skills/ some Mobility/ decent DMG Just right in one weapon Just think about it.

After I gave ranger a few more goes in WvW I do think Greatsword is one of the better ranger weapons i agree actually. And a warrior with rifle can put people downside in 1 sec and ranger is not anyway better than Warrior in melee, cmon... All classes can range or melee viably, its just some classes prefer one over the other. I dont want ranger to be a better melee than Warrior is and it really isnt.

After giving a second thought on those 4 wishes i made for ranger, I no longer want ranger melee weapons to be reworked. They have their own identity based on mobility and evade given the class is a scout. But I am still confident in remaining 3 wishes.

1) Pet invulnerability

2) Reworked/tweaked skil lines for WvW.

3) Improved damage. Considering the amount of bunker classes available in the meta and all of them are overpicked and all BLOATED with boons ranger does do consistent amount of damage but nowhere near enough damage. Fights that last long should benefit ranger, I do not want a 1 shot ranger build and I do not approve of 1 shot builds in general but still want some in meta for people that enjoy it but people overlast a ranger each day every day. And all of the damage ranger consistently does gets nullified by the amount of blocks/invuls/evades/mobility/stealth available in the game and some classes are BLOATED with them. Have you seen a willbender? xd

My #3 wish will fix itself when boon meta goes away if ever. So anet doesnt really need to adress anything damage wise on ranger.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2023 at 9:12 PM, AlPower.2476 said:

Jokes aside; right now I only play Engineer and Guardian in PvE. 

[Global]

Stealth mechanic

Stealth should be only a defensive option, no a offensive one.

- Stealth (Status): You're Stealthed. You can't deal critic damage when stealthed. Damage reduced by 33% while stealthed. 

- Revealed (Status): You cannot stealth. You can't deal critic damage when revealed.

TP mechanic

-Teleported (New Status): You have teleported, you can't deal critical damage (1 sec)

[Guardian]

Firebrand
- Give mantras its no rechargable mechanic back (only for PvE). If the problem is WvW stab spam, keep that on WvW then. 

- Tomes passive mechanic: In Fractals, sometimes Mistlock Singularity is not recharging the tomes passive effects. 

- F1 Tome cd reduction (PvP & PvE only) F3 cd reduction (PvE)

Dragon Hunter

It needs a dps bust in PvE; i'd love to have big buffs on longbow

-Increased longbow basics damage and launching speed increased. All.

-True shot damage buffed (PvE)

-Symbol of energy cd reduction (12 to 8 ) (All)

- Big Game Hunter Trait: Old Effects + 10% damage when using a Longbow. PvE

[Engineer]

Core

We need back condition core engi as a viable thing.

-Incendary ammo (flamethrower): Now stunbreaks in adittion.  (All)

- Global Strike > Napalm missile (Mortar Kit, no traited one):  Call a missile from the air that burn nearby foes.  (3 Secs burning per pulse, 8 pulses, 8 secs duration, 240 radius) 

- Med Pack Drop (Supply crate): CD reduction 50 to 40 Secs. Now each med pack gives 1 sec of superspeed 

-Concussion Bomb (bomb kit): Cd reduction 16 > 12 (PvE)

- Grenades: Power coefficent reduced (PvP/WvW). Except basic power damage and Grenade Barrage.

-Grenadier Trait: Now it grants grenades conditions buffs: Shrapnel Grenade -> Incendary Grenade: Now applies 4 secs of burning in addition. Flash Grenade > Confusion Grenade: Now applies 4 secs of confusion in addition. Poison Grenade > Necro grenade: Now applies 5 secs of torments in addition.  (All)

-Streamlined kits trait > Drop Gunk (Mortar Kit): Instead of random conditions; now applies bleeding (5 secs), Poison (5 Secs) and Confusion (5 Secs) per pulse. (PvE)

- Chemical Round trait: You gain 120 damage condition per pistol (so, 240 if both) (PvE)

- Incendary Powder Trait: CD reduction 10 > 8 Secs (PvE)

- Lock On (Trait): Reduction of revealing from 6 to 2 sec. Now only  applies debuff of revealed to stealthed players instead of disabled foes too, . CD reduced from 25 to 20.

Scrapper

-Stealth Gyro: 60 Secs CD back; now it only Stealth the player by 6 secs, not allies, but it gives allies with dark aura for 3 secs. Now it has a dark area instead of smoke. It blinds enemies (1 sec) on use (not per pulse).

-Bulkwark gyro: Now it stunbreaks.

- Defense field (Bulkwark Gyro): Radius reduced from 240 to 120. It follows the scrapper again instead of stationary. 

[Warrior]

Core

"On My Mark!": Revealed time reduced 6 secs to 2. 

[Ranger]

Core

-Sic 'em: Revealed time reduced from 6 secs to 2 secs.

[Revenant]

Herald

-Gaze of Darkness: Revealed time reduced from 5 to 2 secs.

[Thief]

Core

- In a common trait (whatever): Superior Stealth: When you stealth yourself, you gain superior stealth that allows you to keep doing critic damage when stealthed.

- Reduce Stealth time and increase smoke field cd.

Smoke field has no cd... You played thief before? They can spam skills as long as they have initiative which they always have tons given their busted trait line.

I dont know why you are nerfing reveal skills lol. I hate stealth so passionately yet removing crit damage from stealth/teleport skills are thematically wrong lol and sounds so forced. Making stealth a defensive option is not enough for classes that engage/disengage as they wish in a matter of seconds and do so CONSECUTIVELY, looking at you thief :). They will stealth > run away > get back when they want to from 2 km's away... They are doing that right now anyway? Whats the point of removing critical damage for a few secs then xd It wont make a difference they will still kill you.

Nerf thief mobility. Leap shouldnt travel that further, smoke field removed from pistol and added to two handed weapon. Trait nerfs. Bro none uses Blinding Powder lol, its not a bad skill... It breaks stun, gives stability for 1 second and blinds enemies why none is usng it? Because the options available to thieves are way better than this. Increase the stealth time blinding powder gives from 3 second to idk 6? 8? but make it so that there is only 1 or 2 stealth skills available to thieves after they use all they are out of stealth for a solid 20 seconds. Stealth spam SHOULDNT BE A THING.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/10/2023 at 2:37 PM, Arheundel.6451 said:

We need also to remove N2 from longbow, remove sic'em and remove SB elite...then remove druid ancient seed....nerf dolyak stance, nerf regen and protection uptime..remove also........etc etc etc...played ranger for 5 years now and I know every single thing that makes ranger as braindead as the rest of the professions in GW2. Never delude yourself into thinking that ranger takes any more skill than any other class in GW2....they are all braindead in their own circle

Will you be able to get kills by using sic'em > Longbow N4 > Longbow N2 from 1200 meter away? Yes you will. Is it viable? Yes it is. Does it have counters? Any class counters it, 1 dodge roll is all it takes but they dont need to dodge roll because of amount of reflect/block/evade/invul available. Does it shred you given the enemy didnt dodge roll or used the said abilities? I mean... pfff... Maybe if the enemy is a fellow ranger or a glass cannon light armor class. Does this sound like an engaging gameplay to you? Sitting on a hill spamming N2 and basic attacks on enemies as a viable (yet insanely counterable) source of damage? Do you actually enjoy that gameplay? I do not.

And I already called a general stability nerf which also included dolyak. Dolyak doesnt need anything else as a nerf apart from its stability if it ever gets one. If you remove or nerf the protection on it as well then may as well make it a trait and not a skill KEKW.

For a class that... doesnt have any access to reflect/block/evade/invul regen and protection are the only things that make you see rangers in melee range and then again you dont see many 😉.

I am forced into SB and idk what SB has anything to do with Ranger being braindead :Thinking:

Maybe you should spend 5 more years on ranger. 

Edited by MalekithDG.6124
  • Confused 2

On 4/15/2023 at 10:51 AM, Lily.1935 said:

It would be interesting to see that happen. IMO, the biggest offender is Sinister shroud. But what about Master of corruption? Do you think that one should be the exception because its cool down reduction is pretty vital to its identity? I mean, you debilitate yourself further for greater skill usage. But it still would be taken over the others even if it just forced you to suffer more conditions and the cooldowns were made baseline.

Sinister shroud though, I'd be happy to see it rolled into baseline. What its replaced with? We'll see if they decide to do that.

I just missed master of corruption xD

On 4/10/2023 at 11:18 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

What I hope to see:

• Complete Arms rework
  • Spellbreaker's boons on FC being changed to be AoE
  • Tunning up of Core T1 and T2 Bursts.
  • The self roots on 100B, Kill Shot, Flurry, and Dragon Trigger removed.
  • Mending Might changed to heal allies you grant Might to.
  • Charge changed to give 4s of quickness instead of 2s.
  • The CD on Marching Orders removed
    • Soldier's Comfort now heals based on Adrenaline Spent, with a low base healing but very high scaling.
    • Martial Cadence grants 1s of quickness +1s more based on adrenaline spent and is swapped with Double Standards. Double Standards is swapped with Warrior's Cunning.
    • Shrug it Off now heals when any condition is removed.
  • Banner of Strength grants 20 might
  • Banner of Discipline grants quickness as well as fury
  • Banner of Tactics now heals instead of granting quickness and is moved to the heal slot.
  • All banners except Battle Standard gain a flip over that dismisses the banner and reapplies their summon effect.

I am more leaning towards Fueki's prediction which is 2 post above you 🤣 at this point we should know how anet works.

Oh well, why not. Just off the top of my head.

Elementalist: More ways to pump out alacrity, but you need to press 12 buttons to proc it. More DPS for weaver only, and even squishier.

Guardian: Another skill rework/revert that makes firebrand more difficult/complex to play for casuals, but lets experienced players eek out even more DPS. Power buffs for DH (PVE only!), but it's still not enough to do anything worthwhile. PVE buffs for willbender that are negligible for PVE but somehow buff it more in PVP.

Mesmer: Still only one dodge for mirage. Chrono still feels like running against the clock that you should be in command of, but aren't for some reason. Specs tank in PVP, but community cries for more nerfs after attacking obvious clones for the XXXth time!

Ranger Soulbeast: "Nah, it's 'good.' Huh? There are other specs?"

Revenant: Renegade isn't good enough, more buffs. Vindicator is still too good, nerf. 

Thief: Another nerf to stealth. All specs with less than 3 dodges become squishier target practice. Stealth nerf to lower range caps in an indirect manner.

Engineer: Mechs don't auto attack anymore.

Necromancer: More power buffs for Reaper. Still not enough to be worthwhile. Better switch to DH instead. Oh kitten! (Never mind.) Harbinger gets more condi DPS.

Warrior: "What banners?"

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

You can double attune as catalyst , tempest overloads will last forever 

Daredevil gonna have the "malice" mechanic 

Bladesworn will be rooted in place forever after using one dragon slash

If you recall mech as mechanist , it's your character who will flew away instead of the mech (if you play norn or charr you do 2x damage on landing , -50% if you are an asura)

Soulbeast will merge with his pet instead of mergin it with you 

Chronomancer will be "lost in space" if he use continuum split

Firebrands tomes will have no more ammunition and 0 cooldown , willbender virtues will have infinite dash , tp range (you will mostly bug out of the map if you use them)

Harbringer blight will instead increase your hp and decrease your damage

Each time you switch legend as revenant you will instead have random healing , 3 random utilitys , and 1 random elite of all available skills (even the e-specs you arent playing)

Sorry , cannot take it seriously after the ele bug , so instead i imagined the bugs that could appear after the balance patch.

Sorry for wasting your time guys .

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1