A Thought on Gemstore Skins: Where are the necromancer minion skins?

We have skins for mounts, skins for skiffs, skins for weapons and armor; there were even 'skins' available for ranger pets provided you played enough in GW1 via the Hall of Monuments.  Why not offer some variation to necromancer minions?

For example:

- various undead versions of the current playable races: asura, charr, human, norn, sylvari.

- cute fluffy undead bunnies

- a hoard of undead quaggans (my personal favorite)

- risen minions

- awakened minions.

The list goes on and on.

I'd definitely be willing to shill out 1000-1600 gems to reskin my necromancer minions (and I don't even use minion builds anymore!! but I certainly see plenty of players who do).

• Like 21
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 3

Sounds good to me.

Different colored virtuoso daggers would be nice as well, not every outfit goes with magenta.

I do hope they also make jade mech skins, something more pleasant to look at. I am so tired of those giant green abominations stomping around.

Anyway, someone should be around shortly to tell you to use the forum's search function. (What they actually mean is: you should respond to an old thread rather than start a new one.)  

Necro-ing an old thread about minion skins would be rather fitting in this case.

Edited by Zebulous.2934
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Sounds good to me.

Different colored virtuoso daggers would be nice as well, not every outfit goes with magenta.

I do hope they also make jade mech skins, something more pleasant to look at. I am so tired of those giant green abominations stomping around.

Anyway, someone should be around shortly to tell you to use the forum's search function. (What they actually mean is: you should respond to an old thread rather than start a new one.)  

Necro-ing an old thread about minion skins would be rather fitting in this case.

It's one thing when previous threads mentioning the same thing were just posted a few months ago, but considering the previous post regarding this was SIX YEARS AGO...I'm probably better off ignoring someone such as yourself.

I'm sure there are plenty of other threads that are in need of your 'forum policing'.

Edited by Ronin.4501
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Necro minions, ranger pets, Mechanist mechs….  These are all things that would be incredible if they had customization options.  Either earned in game in some way, or on the gem store.  I see this as an easy win for A-Net, hopefully they can deliver this sometime in the near future.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

On 5/23/2023 at 12:03 AM, Ronin.4501 said:

We have skins for mounts, skins for skiffs, skins for weapons and armor; there were even 'skins' available for ranger pets provided you played enough in GW1 via the Hall of Monuments.  Why not offer some variation to necromancer minions?

For example:

- various undead versions of the current playable races: asura, charr, human, norn, sylvari.

- cute fluffy undead bunnies

- a hoard of undead quaggans (my personal favorite)

- risen minions

- awakened minions.

The list goes on and on.

I'd definitely be willing to shill out 1000-1600 gems to reskin my necromancer minions (and I don't even use minion builds anymore!! but I certainly see plenty of players who do).

I think you left out incubus and succubus....   Or heres an idea , let us entrap demon souls and bend them to our will ingame. Could be a nice little sideline for necros, why must everything be shop shop shop, then people wonder why we get flat content like this last patch. Maybe put more into the game than the shop

Edited by Tiviana.2650
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Eh, I was using your thread to poke fun at someone else.  I failed anyway.

Cheers!

Well damnit, now I feel bad. But I see your point too...if you're too specific in your attempt to 'poke fun' (or otherwise in my case) the actual forum police 'award' you a few points for your effort, so better to play it vaguely even if it means the result falls flat.

Cheers to you as well!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2023 at 12:34 AM, Ronin.4501 said:

It's one thing when previous threads mentioning the same thing were just posted a few months ago, but considering the previous post regarding this was SIX YEARS AGO...I'm probably better off ignoring someone such as yourself.

I'm sure there are plenty of other threads that are in need of your 'forum policing'.

FYI: It's not been six years (much more recent than that) since the last suggestion post/thread on this topic; they usually get merged into the 'QoL Suggestions'/'Gem Store Requests' stickies. 

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

FYI: It's not been six years (much more recent than that) since the last suggestion post/thread on this topic; they usually get merged into the 'QoL Suggestions'/'Gem Store Requests' stickies. 

Yes, a thread which currently has 316 pages. Expecting anyone to read through all that mess is pure insanity.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

• 7 months later...

Doubt they will invest creating skins that can only be used by one class. Apart from the ranger pets which even you don't really fully categorise as really skin, all the skins you mentioned can be used across multiple classes. Skins are source of revenue for anet so they will create ones that they can ensure will generate a stable income.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Dibit.6259 said:

Doubt they will invest creating skins that can only be used by one class. Apart from the ranger pets which even you don't really fully categorise as really skin, all the skins you mentioned can be used across multiple classes. Skins are source of revenue for anet so they will create ones that they can ensure will generate a stable income.

It's not quite the same but they have created skins for less commonly used weapons. For example longbow can only be used by 3 professions (and not always a popular choice for those 3) but they've made gem store skins for it.

Necromancer may only be 1 profession but it's a very popular one. Also this doesn't have to be something they do only for necromancers, there's been a lot of requests for different skins or effects for profession abilities. Different skins for the mechanist golem is a common one, and different colour schemes for profession skills.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Customisable spell effects and minions/pets is something that's missing in this game, for sure. Offering these sorts of things as in-game rewards or gem store purchases (or both) would be real nice and can help add to that "RPG" feel. (At the very least I'd like to see other colours of the mechanist's 'little' buddy so that I don't confuse one for an enemy in mech-heavy areas in Cantha/Skywatch.)

"I don't like [effect]." They can achieve pleasing these sorts by implementing an option to hide other player's custom spell/creature effects. This can also be used for those who think they may get confused in competitive. This would keep the appearances client-side, so I can always see my other-coloured virtuoso daggers, but if I were to step foot in PvP for some reason, my opponents would recognize them as the default daggers. Apply this to whatever other customisable things, like ranger pets, necromancer minions, engineer mechs and turrets, general spell effects should they get to be customised (blue fire for elementalist?), etc.

• Like 5