The new story release is it just me or ...

Nightcore.5621

I was ready to get back in action and do the new story just to find out i have to spend more than 1 haour doin nothing and just lising to npcs talkin ... after that i was to Burnout and  i had to take a break :S

Edited by Nightcore.5621
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 3

Bug ridden chapter at that. Big peeve of mine being at Arborstone .... and you can't place the Lady by the library itself... you put her down on the lowest level then have to go to the upper level and search for books. Like, the layout and plotting of characters were pretty lazy. And the crates were bugged for me, had to log out a few times until it worked correctly. 

I feel this is a lazy way of pushing content out.

Edited by oOCitadelOo.2381
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, oOCitadelOo.2381 said:

Bug ridden chapter at that. Big peeve of mine being at Arborstone .... and you can't place the Lady by the library itself... you put her down on the lowest level then have to go to the upper level and search for books. Like, the layout and plotting of characters were pretty lazy. And the crates were bugged for me, had to log out a few times until it worked correctly. 

I feel this is a lazy way of pushing content out.

Can we even call this content ?

• Like 13
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I don't mind the story but since connor left, it doesn't have that magic it use to have when he was the lead in eod and whatever other stories he contributed too, also, i miss the living world format, they use to release a trailer for every episode and they were longer episodes, with this new format, it was 2 updates with short content and now we are done with the  eod story, so now, what are we going to to do in the coming months content wise.

Edited by TheRunningSquire.3621
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, TheRunningSquire.3621 said:

I don't mind the story but since connor left, it doesn't have that magic it use to have when he was the lead in eod and whatever other stories he contributed too, also, i miss the living world format, they use to release a trailer for every episode and they were longer episodes, with this new format, it was 2 updates with short content and now we are done with the  eod story, so now, what are we going to to do in the coming months content wise.

A teaser trailer indicated A new threat this summer. Plus we have instances too

• Confused 3

36 minutes ago, TheRunningSquire.3621 said:

He left again?

Edit: nvm mistook him for someone else.

Edited by Cronospere.8143

Hoping this is just the false sense of success, and making our heroes think all is well again.    I enjoyed the confronting and healing of some deep wounds to the commander, and the tea house with Canach as my plus one lol.  But it feels like a segue between stories, and wrapped up too neatly.  Maybe it's just the hint of what really lies beneath.

• Like 1

I just finished and it was so bad. The memories of 4 ppl and I only really cared about 1. Then the crate kitten that was bugged on my instance. Then the tunnel part, which was totally unfun and made no sense to me. After that the cringe date.

Idk, but this felt really bad. Like random ideas but into something that should resemble a story. Like they had yet again to cut stuff and didn't even bother to at least make it feel like a story.

Like this was 100x worse then IBS. The end of IBS was rushed, but at least it felt like the important stuff got covered. But this?

Idk. Anet really has to step their game up. This has been nothing but disappointement since the great start of IBS.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

this is the end of end of dragons, its meant to be kind of a recovery from everything that happened. they probably only included an enemy at all because otherwise we wouldn't have any action, and players would be even more upset with that compared to what we got.

the next expansion will likely set us off on some new world-threatening action-packed adventure.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If I could I would have skipped every single line of dialogue, BUT ofc you cant.

So far so good i mean...
I decided to mute all the voices and dialogues. Story probably isnt that good anyway so yea.
Maybe one day anet will understand that some people dont care to listen to 10 unskippable minutes of Taimi blabbing about only god knows what.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

this is the end of end of dragons, its meant to be kind of a recovery from everything that happened. they probably only included an enemy at all because otherwise we wouldn't have any action, and players would be even more upset with that compared to what we got.

the next expansion will likely set us off on some new world-threatening action-packed adventure.

Main reason why a lot of people don't like it is because we were so used to fighting dragons, now since that's over, we have to get used to dragons not being in the story anymore.

Edited by TheRunningSquire.3621
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Hoping this is just the false sense of success, and making our heroes think all is well again.    I enjoyed the confronting and healing of some deep wounds to the commander, and the tea house with Canach as my plus one lol.  But it feels like a segue between stories, and wrapped up too neatly.  Maybe it's just the hint of what really lies beneath.

We took care of the minions NOT the big bad. The real demons are in and from the mists. Oni are apparently mortals who have severe demonic corruption so are not inherently demonic. This seemed to be a current exploration of oni assets and new relationships to jade and ley line energy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was one of those filler+flashback episodes animes often do every now and then.

I was more concerned about how anti-climactic defeating the boss was, with no victory music or cool scene to finish it off.

Also

Spoiler

I don't see Mai Trin as a hero who saved our life, but more like a death-sentenced criminal who was ordered to die for us. 😛 I picked some wilted dandylions for her.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I quite like it. It could have been a little longer and maybe have a bit more tension (I honestly wish the "gadget out of power" wasn't solved that quick and easy) and some of our NPC crew felt kinda out of place here and there. But I still like the release story-wise. I have yet to try out all the other stuff.

Edited by anninke.7469
forgotten relic of things past
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

Signposts with extra steps were my exact words after playing through story. It got me so annoyed I didn't touch any other content released with this patch.

Which is a shame, because some of it is pretty good. I've done a couple of the adventures at least, in the new zone. I've done the new meta, which I'm not sure I like, but the adventures at least, we fun for me.

I wasn't annoyed by the story, but I'm certainly not enamored of it. I think it's the between the next expansion and the end of this one, this is more wrapping up rather than new story and it feels like it. I'd have rather a new story started already, but it doesn't seem like that has happened. They simply tacked this on to EoD, instead of giving it a new chapter, which I didn't particularly like either.

Might make more sense when the new stuff comes out, but it throws off how I keep track of stuff.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

It was one of those filler+flashback episodes animes often do every now and then.

I was more concerned about how anti-climactic defeating the boss was, with no victory music or cool scene to finish it off.

Also

Hide contents

I don't see Mai Trin as a hero who saved our life, but more like a death-sentenced criminal who was ordered to die for us. 😛 I picked some wilted dandylions for her.

i gave that h@g a fish lol

• Haha 1

On 5/25/2023 at 6:41 PM, HotDelirium.7984 said:

i gave that h@g a fish lol

She is lucky I didn’t kick her gravestone over. I certainly have no reason to mourn her as a mass murderer. An extremely bizarre decision to have her included. They really need to improve on their proof reading for these things.

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 3

Is the phantasm at the end fight always Tybalt? Because my character was with the vigil, and I had Tybalt.

Honestly, I am starting to undergo a change of how I feel about this game and franchise: For a long time, I was rather angry about the lackluster writing and wasted potential in the characters. But I slowly feel myself hovering towards insignificance, like I can bring myself less and less to care. And while I bought EoD at release, with a high dose of hopium inhaled, I have absolutely no interest to pick up the new expac as of now.

Wich makes me realy ambivalent. I WANT to care about the game. But I also try to tell myself: Let it go, more free time to work on your backlog of games.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Imba.9451 said:

Is the phantasm at the end fight always Tybalt? Because my character was with the vigil, and I had Tybalt.

Honestly, I am starting to undergo a change of how I feel about this game and franchise: For a long time, I was rather angry about the lackluster writing and wasted potential in the characters. But I slowly feel myself hovering towards insignificance, like I can bring myself less and less to care. And while I bought EoD at release, with a high dose of hopium inhaled, I have absolutely no interest to pick up the new expac as of now.

Wich makes me realy ambivalent. I WANT to care about the game. But I also try to tell myself: Let it go, more free time to work on your backlog of games.

I’m vigil, I had the vigil mentor

6 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

She is lucky I didn’t kick her gravestone over. I certainly have no reason to mourn her as a mass murderer. An extremely bizarre decision to have her included. They really need to improve on their proof reading for these things.

It makes perfect sense to have her included.

Yes she did bad things, she also sacrificed herself to try to save everyone. Any person who has any sort of empathy for others can recognize her actions there as being heroic, even if her past actions were not.

The world doesn't exist in a black/white duality. Its full of nuance.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2