Legendary regrets

20 minutes ago, AoTsuki.8675 said:

I mostly mean early stuff like Rodgort from the base game, it's really underwhelming

I wouln't mind a generell texture update for base game. Not only for legendarys, also for other weapons, armors, the open world and also the characters themself.

If i compare the fur of my charrs with the texture details of the newest armors, I could cry.

• Like 2

Legendary items are your ultimate QoL item, I don't think they should be judged by the looks they have, developing from gen 1 to gen 3. Getting the Binding of Ipos was skin choice over The Minstrel (the only one, where looks played a role), trying to rush The Juggernaut for my Ele (just to find out I could not get a nice flow out of it) was a little bit annoying. Transmuting the skins to something I like (usually low key flashy) is a fate I think all my armour pieces had to go through. Weapons, I think have been transmuted around 50% with all my characters.

10 hours ago, asket.5674 said:

Gen 3 are besides a few exceptions, exceptional ugly skins. And  they are boring too.

All depends on personal preferences. Although speaking of regrets I will probably stop using the Soo-Won + Jormag skin combos. Hitting myself with a flashbang every time I draw/swap weapon.

Gen3's biggest benefit is being easy to color match with the rest of your gear.

8 hours ago, Napo.1230 said:

The only one I regret is HOPE just because it's so quiet, wish it was dreamer levels of loud!!

The difference is probably not the volume but the distinctiveness of the sound. HOPE's sound is a relatively generic.

No regrets whatsoever, especially not since they released the Armory. The main draw of legendaries for me is the QoL (the free stat/rune/sigil/infusion switching) and I get to have it on all my characters now. As for skins, some I transmute and some I don't. I like far from all the skins but it's not as if I'm very particular in my taste either. So far I've managed to craft only skins that I like, covering even the dual weapons, but if the skins don't match the aesthetics of my character I transmute them. I just have to commit to spending some extended time in WvW to get the tickets for a second ring and then I'm fully covered. Except for the rifle and hammer, since none of my characters use either and I've rarely used them in the past. But I have all the materials needed to make them if I want/need to, though. It pays to be a hoarder. 😉

Edited by TheNecrosanct.4028
Spelling

13 hours ago, Darkspyro.4028 said:

My regret is I’m not able to get a legendary as I messed up by selling/destroying the item you get through achievements 

How long ago, and did you try contacting support? I know someone who couldn’t find one of the vision armor boxes on their account and the skin wasn’t unlocked even though the achievement was complete. Since it’s a one time, account bound thing, and would forever block access to vision, support restored the armor box to the account with a warning to be more careful deleting items.

13 hours ago, Darkspyro.4028 said:

My regret is I’m not able to get a legendary as I messed up by selling/destroying the item you get through achievements 

Uuuuh, which one?

In 2021 they added the ability to craft 2nd gen legys multiple times by letting you buy the gift/chest from Hobbs again for any collections you have completed. Since then it shouldn't be possible to screw yourself completely over a mistake like that anymore (although you obviously still lose some gold).

44 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

How long ago, and did you try contacting support? I know someone who couldn’t find one of the vision armor boxes on their account and the skin wasn’t unlocked even though the achievement was complete. Since it’s a one time, account bound thing, and would forever block access to vision, support restored the armor box to the account with a warning to be more careful deleting items.

I did they could not find it in the records as I deleted the item within a hour 

12 minutes ago, Darkspyro.4028 said:

I can't even remember and reason my innovatory was full

If you wrote to support, you should be able to check the ticket to see the name of the item you mentioned there. Deleting legendary/precursor component within an hour of acquiring it "because my inventory is full" seems like... a bit of a weird reasoning, oh well 😅

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If you wrote to support, you should be able to check the ticket to see the name of the item you mentioned there. Deleting legendary/precursor component within an hour of acquiring it "because my inventory is full" seems like... a bit of a weird reasoning, oh well 😅

That’s almost exactly what I said 

Way back when I initially made Twilight, used it for awhile and got more than a little grief when my competitive play didn't justify the 'legendary' aspect of the weapon... which of course is ridiculous, since you can simply grind away (or buy outright through the gemstore if you are so inclined) to obtain; it reflects nothing of player skill or experience... Still it got to me, and fortunately had a profitable exit strategy, where I was able to build Sunrise, immediately convert to Eternity and sell...  So, I don't regret the journey and the eventual outcome was lucrative, but was it worth the aggravation and toxicity in between?... Probably not.

Since then and way more recently, I crafted Frostfang, as I had decided that I was ready and confident enough to actually equip a Legendary again, and was familiar with the ease of Gen1 crafting... But I really didn't love the look of it (and skinning a Legendary just felt blasphemous!), but in this case I came to the realization before I had finished, so once I completed, I put it aside, available to sell... So not really regret there... The change of direction with Frostfang stemmed from the look of Astralaria, so I embarked on that grueling misery challenging adventure and ended up with the Gen2 weapon that I couldn't back out of...

While I liked the look of Astralaria itself, I wasn't in love with the shimmering one-arm effect.. but since I was a running a dual-axe Soulbeast, I then thought... Why not a second Astralaria?  The collections aspect of the second precursor build were avoided, so it become simply a matter of gathering the mats... and in conclusion, the double-arm shimmer seems to work much better, and as a bit of an AP enthusiast, it also got me the 'Twice Told Legend'; an achievement that I had previously (and probably rightfully) concluded was an utter waste of resources!!!  🙂

TL;DR:  Twilight - Yes, some regret.  Astralaria x 2... Jury is still out, but still enjoying the playstyle so... not yet!  

5 hours ago, leila.7962 said:

Hell yea, I regret making Ad Infinitum because I already had The Ascension, with the legendary armory it became a loss of money really.. since you can't equip two backpieces.

Oh, actually I'm here with this too.

I have all raid armor, 5 pieces of pvp armor and 1 piece of wvw armor...obviously no refunds and unlike you I didn't even get a skin / glider, they're just the same skin as the ascended ones, haha...

I even have some more materials needed to craft PvP/WvW legy armor lying around on a mule cause I still wanted to craft them, had the precursor armor...can't bear to throw them away, lol.
Also have some progress on Ad Infinitum collection but thankfully not that much gold sunk into that before armory hit.

Edited by Endaris.1452
  • Sad 1