What Happened To World Boss Rush And Fractal Rush?

Honestly, those events were the biggest source of T3 and T4 mats besides laurels. We didnt see those events ever since anet gave us thousands and thousands free heroic editions and many players have even 100 alt accounts now, which already made T3 and T4 mats too cheap, I dont think anet want to make them any cheaper. At the end it would make login rewards more pointless too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

I really liked the meta event rush, which only happened in 2019.  This involved a large amount of bosses all over the world. I would love this event to return with all the new metas added in the 4 years, from Ls4, Ibs and eod.

World boss event has one of the worse activities to spend your game time doing, except for maybe teq.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

I really liked the meta event rush, which only happened in 2019.  This involved a large amount of bosses all over the world. I would love this event to return with all the new metas added in the 4 years, from Ls4, Ibs and eod.

World boss event has one of the worse activities to spend your game time doing, except for maybe teq.

I thoroughly disagree with you on that final part, but I agree the meta event returning - revamped or otherwise - would be welcomed on rotation with the others

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It's such a shame they never kept up with these or the WvW ones (such as the no downstate weekend). I get that maybe the influx of materials could have been hard on the economy but making rewards that are account-bound (such as skins and titles) could have been substituted in and would have been reward enough for many, especially if they were unique or rarely available skins and there was both personal rewards and a penultimate community one.

They made for nice filler content between patches and could have been used to direct people to less commonly seen/done content.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Honestly, those events were the biggest source of T3 and T4 mats besides laurels. We didnt see those events ever since anet gave us thousands and thousands free heroic editions and many players have even 100 alt accounts now, which already made T3 and T4 mats too cheap, I dont think anet want to make them any cheaper. At the end it would make login rewards more pointless too.

ppl don't see when everyone is rich noone is anymore

• Confused 7

3 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

those events are no fun imo what u get is more loot thats all. I prefer Anet work on something new instead.

u can do worldbosses now and u can do fractals

It's not work though? As far as we know it's just a button press on their end not developing new content. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

It's not work though? As far as we know it's just a button press on their end not developing new content. 

im ok with they do im never against what ppl want other than ppl on this forum. i just say it doesn't add anything new except loot.

if they would modify events its different but from fun view its nothing one already can do now

the hamster weel spins faster seems better but in the end all ur mats loose value.

u run more for less effect.

anyhow if ppl enjoy more power to them

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Confused 11

On 6/21/2023 at 11:28 PM, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

I'm not 100% sure that's true. I mean it's true in theory as long as nothing else changes, but often older content doesn't work the same with newer updates and has to be updated themselves. Anet has done a lot of little upgrades and background work and there's no telling with spaghetti code what will break what.

I'm pretty sure that flipping a switch will still have to be tested in the alpha test server, and that all becomes part of the work flow. Having worked as an alpha tester on at least a couple of different games, I can tell you everything is harder than peopel who don't work in that industry think it is. Everything takes longer, and nothing works as expected.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...