What are you looking forward to this coming June 27 patch?

eXruina.4956

There's actually a lot of goodies in the June 27 patch, whether they will be impactful remains to be seen, but what changes are you excited about?

The change I'm most excited for is the reworked Flurry, Flurry being usable for me is such a big deal, sword at its core is already a very good weapon, and Flurry was the primary thing that made it bad, I feel its going to be a game changer.

The Rifle buffs are also awesome, specially the change to Rifle 4, its going to feel a whole lot smoother.

Another great change I'm looking forward to are the cooldown reductions, I'm particularly excited for the Physical Skills, and I'm excited to test the viability of the other skills as well.

Just trying to be positive, I know we have our complaints (R.I.P. Arc Divider), but overall, I think it will be a pretty good patch for us Warriors.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Me pretty happy with what we will get^^. Some supportish style for some dps lost seems good (also good Balance wise how they placed those traits). Big buff though Power Defence Berserkers (PvP/WvW). Some buffs though Defence Spellbraker (PvP/WvW), also some Love to rifle (be able to Just hit all skills behind each other will be hughe). Only a bit sad thingy might be Arc Divider but I think we might need to see First. At least it will not be as Bad in PvE as its oldest Version buuut its a nerf for sure (not a too hard one but it is). Saying RIP Arc Divider might be a bit too harsh here. The new Barrier on Dagger 5 will be decent in Comb with sun and moon Style (means also a buff though Spellbraker solo PvE Builds). Been able to move while flurry use is realy good (even while its abit late lel). All in all I give this patch a 7 out off 10 points. Was not tha best since classes saw buffs that where not need em.

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Mostly just the CD reductions being baseline. Thats about it.

Rest of it is confusing as to why its being done and meh, aside from the Flurry change.

Honestly I have a sneaking suspicion that these changes that seem rather bizarre to us are being done under the context of this particular item being in the pipeline;  "With our next expansion, our goal is to further augment the combat options for each profession by adding new tools to their arsenal and by lifting constraints that will unlock an unprecedented number of playstyle customization options"

Whatever in the hell it may be. Underwater weapons on land? New weapon? No longer gating Elite Spec weapons to the Elite Spec? Multiclassing? (probably not with this games code).

Who knows.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Patch notes were extremely vague on the icd and duration of the new boon options, so I'll have to curb my enthusiasm until we see the actual values and implementation on patch day.

this is true, i'm also curbing my expectations, but on paper most things look pretty good, i'm hoping its as advertised or better. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

the patch is truly a huge power creep for every single class in the game, so there's that.

basically every single build right now got a huge sustain buff.

but i doubt there will be any new build or any new variation of anything or shift of power.

basically now quickness build is still quickness build with tactic banner, but just limited to berserker.

more builds will take signet of might now, since every time you free a utility, people will just take signet of might.

martial cadence seems completely pointless, stab every 10 second on a GM is meh. not to mention you have to compete with shout heal.

there won't be much new thing if at all, but existing builds will be chaos, with all classes being power creeped.

• Confused 1

whats funny is that pvp signet build is nerfed, because there's no CD reduction for signet of might and signet of rage.

signet of stamina did not get 20% reduce CD, which is 28, but got 30.

strength builds that uses physical and mending is basically screwed hard too, since no reduction for mending in pvp.

also they reduced balanced stance by 10 sec again, even tho they just reduced 10 second like 3 month ago, in pvp.

now CD matches endure pain and banner of defense, endure pain and banner of defense already compete with each other, and now there's balanced stance..i really don't know about this...it's turning into build wars 2, you now have to actively change your build depending on enemy in order to win, and bladesworn is already doing that...it's like....eh...counter build or nothing..feels super gimmicky, no best build, only counter building be viable..

also they just keep reducing CD, what ever, they being doing this to warrior for ages

most still not played, because garbage skill will still be garbage, no matter how low the CDs are, just look at kick and throw bolas and mace.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Confused 1

Nothing exciting really. 

OH dagger changes are a miss

MH sword is a change to the right direction, but still misses on cleave potential. Oscuro had a good suggestion for Final Thrust, which combined with the new Flurry, might open up a spot for sword as a Power DPS mainhand.

CD reductions are not that crazy. Cause not only do some traits and skills get an unfair treatment, but enemy classes are also enjoying the CD reduction, which means that outside of the more niche uses skills have for a warrior, conditions and damage will apply faster from enemy skills, requiring an equally fast response. If anything, we might become more vulnerable going forward.

Arc Divider change a huge no, axe 5 still does not cleave as it should, MH axe is being left behind as the years go by, Maces are a lost cause, GS is in a questionable spot and melee warrior seems to still suffer from the same issues as before so yeah.

I guess we might have fun for 3 hours tinkering. Then it's back to depression, so yeah, expected. No depression if you barely play tho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

I'm sure they'll reduce cooldowns baseline.

*looks up patch notes to be sure*

@#$$#()(*-!!!!

Yeah I'm really hoping they just forgot to include it in the notes...torch really isn't that good (something they acknowledged on stream way back when they gave torch 4 a second charge in PvP), so I really hope they don't stealth nerf it even further.

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to going feral and no longer caring about getting needlessly shackled because people are terrified of zerker but find delight in a growing list of classes having like a dozen blocks that are all instant. 

Bring on the despair I need a reason to leave before 5k posts

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Sad 1

I don't want to join in with the sky-is-falling mentality, but quite honestly, there's not much that has me genuinely interested in the patch.  There are some things that I appreciate, like a slightly lower cds on things like Bulls Charge and "Shake it Off".  Alacsworn and Quickness Berserker are...neat, but I don't have high hopes since they don't do much role compression.

I like the direction of some of the buffs, like offhand dagger and rifle, but I don't see them actually changing anything.

I'd like to be wrong, but I'm happier with the state of things before the patch than after it from where I stand now.

• Like 4