WHY CAN I NOT HIT ELE WITH PROJECTILES? WHY IS THIS A THING?

Eddie.9143

7 minutes ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

I wonder if there's anything like idk something called unblockable skills or signet that give that attribute for a time. Nahhh that don't exist right?

I think we can all agree that ele is too oppressive towards projectiles. Tempest and cata have been the best PvP specs for a while now, and that's mostly thanks to shocking and mag aura. 

Edited by WhoWantsAHug.3186
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

I think we can all agree that ele is too oppressive towards projectiles. Tempest and cata have been the best PvP specs for a while now, and that's mostly thanks to shocking and mag aura. 

This is a game of counter. Stability takes care of shocking aura, and unblockable takes care of mag. You cant just run what you want ALL the time and expect to come out on top. There are things that just beat you rock paper scissors logic.....no? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

1 hour ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

I wonder if there's anything like idk something called unblockable skills or signet that give that attribute for a time. Nahhh that don't exist right?

Read my post in here ^

1 hour ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

This is a game of counter. Stability takes care of shocking aura, and unblockable takes care of mag. You cant just run what you want ALL the time and expect to come out on top. There are things that just beat you rock paper scissors logic.....no?

Yeah but the game gets messed up when you take: Rock - Paper - Scissors - and then decide to upgrade the already Rock into Mario Star.

1 hour ago, Stallic.2397 said:

Melee attacks also laugh at Magnetic Aura.

Range doesn't care about shocking aura 

Placement skills will hit no matter what aura 

Which this doesn't matter at all when you have 2 or 3 Eles stacked on the same team together which results in every aura always being active all the time.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7

2 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

If you're serious, you're losing all credibility on this forum. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Which this doesn't matter at all when you have 2 or 3 Eles stacked on the same team together which results in every aura always being active all the time.

So you want your character to be strong enough to fight off 2-3 Ele's at one time??

..... And what's with all the confusion people. The salt and tears is palpable asf. Learn how to play. Auras has counters. Counters that every class has access too. Not just a few.

Melee/range at the right time (yes, requires timing,gasp!)

Having stability 

Ground targeting skills

Corrupts (which bypass auras)

Even Stealth (why? Because ele doesn't have any reveal skills. They literally have to just wait and hope they don't die) 

This very thread  title is so misleading as if Ele never gets hit with anything just because they have an aura on them 😂

• Confused 6

Holly all these dentage defending the ele train 😄
Just use unblockable attacks 🤡
Go on class sheet and see how many unblockable attacks actually exist 😄
When it comes to projectiles the only one I can think off is mirror blade XD
Also unblockables dont even counter projectile reflects, they go through but if you have 1 skill like that guess what, you land that 2k dmg and then you are back to being bent over 😄  I guess yall like that

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Stallic.2397 said:

So you want your character to be strong enough to fight off 2-3 Ele's at one time??

Aaah I see what you did there.

You looked at a situation like Russia attacking Ukraine and then acted like Ukraine was attacking Russia.

37 minutes ago, Stallic.2397 said:

Learn how to play. Auras has counters. Counters that every class has access too. Not just a few.

Please explain to me the universal counter system for how a no Ele team counters a triple Ele stack team.

I'd love to hear this. Please indulge us.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

spend 35 energy to get a whole 2 unblockable hits on a weapon kit that throws a bajillion separate hits
oh no it didn't work i can do no damage, better swap to mandatory staff backbar
still do no damage because shocking aura, sometimes superspeed, and it being a utility weapon anyways

all that effort just to do less burst than a catalyst who barely has to care about projectile hate

it'd be one thing if i couldn't hit the ele, counters are a thing, though there's a huge difference between a counter and hard counter
but i can't hit anyone on the ele's team either lol

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

spend 35 energy to get a whole 2 unblockable hits on a weapon kit that throws a bajillion separate hits
oh no it didn't work i can do no damage, better swap to mandatory staff backbar
still do no damage because shocking aura, sometimes superspeed, and it being a utility weapon anyways

all that effort just to do less burst than a catalyst who barely has to care about projectile hate

This is exactly what I'm talking about. What other classes have to do to even being to attempt to not out-play but simply land damage at all on an Ele, is way way way too difficult at this point and it's going to become nigh invulnerable after this patch. But Eles have all kinds of non-projectile ranged attacks and ground targeted attacks on top of unblockables, that hit everything easily.

This patch is going to make it so the only thing that can hit an Ele is another Ele. It will quite seriously result in Ele being the pvp class and other classes becoming mostly pve. This patch is going to be really bad dude.

10 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

it'd be one thing if i couldn't hit the ele, counters are a thing, though there's a huge difference between a counter and hard counter
but i can't hit anyone on the ele's team either lol

There is also a difference between a counter and a hard counter and something simply being impossible to deal with.

And yeah, that's just mentioning a 1v1 vs. the Ele. That's not even getting into how it grants its entire team these auras.

It's too strong man. It needs nerfs not buffs.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Stallic.2397 said:

Counters that every class has access too. Not just a few.

Melee/range at the right time (yes, requires timing,gasp!)

Imagine your actually fighting a Tempest that is not a donkey.(gasp!)

he will react to what your doing, and not the other way around.

The only thing you can really do, is to go completly 🐒apemode🐒 on the Tempest... But then again its one of the tankiest specs to waddle around in the unbalanced lands of pvp.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

The "you can't just run what you want ALL the time and expect to come out on top" part of this is indicative of how low this game's skill ceiling truly is.  Player skill and creativity will only get anyone so far (which isn't truly very far at all) before oppressive, low-effort combat design starts compressing all "good" decisions into the same, oppressively tiny bottleneck.  Rock-paper-scissors counters aren't skill-based.

• Confused 1

the only spec i know of that can reliably deal with catalyst atm is virtuoso, thanks to the unblockable trait. 

but oh will u look at that, that trait is gonna get reworked in the next patch 😄 while ele gonna get yet another massive weapon buff/rework back to back to back . WTF IS GOING ON ?!! 

and as a sidenote, virtu cant deal with tempest, dont know any spec that can tbh and they are getting buffed aswell because why tf not. 

i used to play tempest btw, its not fun anymore

Edited by Pengu.7481
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Pengu.7481 said:

the only spec i know of that can reliably deal with catalyst atm is virtuoso, thanks to the unblockable trait. 

If he finds a fat pillar hes safe from the bladesongs but he can peek to instacast/tooth on opponents/you but your blades wont hit him

• Like 1

Just now, semak.7481 said:

If he finds a fat pillar hes safe from the bladesongs but he can peek to instacast/tooth on opponents/you but your blades wont hit him

well true, thats the go to strategy for anyone fighting a virtuoso. but only that wont work when the ele is forced to fight over a point, sure they can kite behind terrain but will be giving up the cap in the meantime

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

There is no other class in the entire game that is completely immune to either physical or ranged damage.

then...when you think there's a window and you launch your burst MAG AURA REFLECT. 

this is mfing regarded

Believe it or not, that is the nerfed version

13 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Imagine your actually fighting a Tempest that is not a donkey.(gasp!)

he will react to what your doing, and not the other way around.

The only thing you can really do, is to go completly 🐒apemode🐒 on the Tempest... But then again its one of the tankiest specs to waddle around in the unbalanced lands of pvp.

We can see how the domino effect of buffing one elite transcends into others as well. It's really the effect of Anet making elite professions completely identical. Honestly, if tempest didn't exist the signet changes would be minimal on catalyst.

But tempest came first... And Catalyst is just what core ele should've been. A better way to make both happy is to have one of the elites create different auras. 

So for example. Tempest earth overload grants chaos aura to Allies. And air overload grants light aura to allies instead of lightning aura.

Why tempest change instead of catalyst? Because tempest only gives auras to allies to grant prot or heals. Changing the auras won't dramatically effect it's performance. And it'll also stop team wide reflects, which EVERYONE seems to have such a hard time with. 

Edited by Stallic.2397