Dear ArenaNet!

4 minutes ago, Scruffymonkeh.3721 said:

You picked the team tho.

no, I did not. I'm not in a guild (if that's what you mean) and don't want to be in one because rolling over a weaker team with a 50-man blob of boons (like RAWR and KOIN did last week) is just as boring as being rolled over by a 30-man zerg 24/7.

Edited by Arianth Moonlight.6453
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

• Beta will be over on friday
  • there is a compensation: double WEXP, double reward track progress
  • imbalanced teams rarely result from ANets placement, but from a teams moral break, i.e. after loosing some fights they disappear with a "kitten beta" on their lips
Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4

So what exactly do you want to do in WvW?

Big numbers battles are kinda this game mode's thing. If you want small scale battles, you should consider joining a guild tha does GvGs. If you want to roam, just roam. If you want to gank people oin a ganksquad like [Hunt] or something.

WvW only lives through organized/semi-organized group gameplay. So complaints from people who don't want to group organize/join a group kinda miss the point of the game mode.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Who plays 20 hours a day? System must think you carry the server with that participation level. I bet if you quit playing, your server would drop two whole status levels, from full to high.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Yeah there's gonna be so many complaints about GoB and skirmish ticket rates that we've never ever seen before.

I think we will see mixed results there. I think you are right for the players that are already in WvW during a resort. If a player joins solo after a 3rd week of a sort they might get linked lower if there is less activity there and people that were placed there aren't playing creating a opening, flagging it as open per say. People just hunting GoB might land there after initial sorting is done. AFter that agree they are in the open pool with history so where they land the second time...now you gave me some testing to do for the week on an idea.

2 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

Big numbers battles are kinda this game mode's thing. If you want small scale battles, you should consider joining a guild tha does GvGs. If you want to roam, just roam. If you want to gank people oin a ganksquad like [Hunt] or something.

WvW only lives through organized/semi-organized group gameplay. So complaints from people who don't want to group organize/join a group kinda miss the point of the game mode.

Well I would suggest OP and anybody that have problems with zerging to work towards getting enough Gold and HoB to purchase a commander tag.

That makes life much easier as you can now tag up (shout out in map channel or team channel to get other to join you), get a small group to take keeps, towers, camps and even survive a bit more when you meet some gankers.

It is also easy to set up a server on Discord and create a Voice Channel (which can be set up for free and don't fancy things except for a voice channel where people can be invited - which means give permission to invite other players, permission to talk and mute (to avoid sound from mic, if you only going to listen for where commander want to go or hear warning about incomming zergs)).

You will still be roled over by the larger groups, but you can at least progress your WXP (which helps with passive abilities like getting more damage on siege weapon (and reduce siege damage while defending) or reduce damage (and also increase damage against NPC) from NPCs at camps (which also are used from many enemies to hide among or to attack when you are fighting those).

I suppose most complains is from players that not normally are doing WvW and have no knowledge of these things and give up too fast. One doesn't need to be an expert in WvW, run with a meta build (but it helps to look over your PvE gear and traits when necessary and adjust to be able to handle how some skills and traits work in WvW).

To sum it up:
There is tools to get around large groups dominating on maps, some are external like Discord (or other Voice Chat APPs) and some it in game like purchasing and use a commander tag. Get a group together and stay close to commander tag even while fighting larger groups as that will increase your chance to survive and it is easier to see tag on minimap and in world when there is lot of AoE splashing around in ground that might make it hard to see what is going on.

Also basic knowledge to always carry sups when possible (as some objectives might not give more sups when they aren't being upgraded as zergs kills off all Dollies for passive upgrades in keeps or towers; Home Garrision have often most Sups and EBG [when zerg haven't dried up all sups from taking and using all on siege weapon] are also best place to get Sups.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I think the op is joking, but in case not, I'm going to go ahead and weigh in.

Sounds like a boon problem. If there were more boon strips and corruptions in game or just less boon uptime, then you all could just wipe the boon blob. But, as it is now, the boon balls (training wheels) are very strong and keep getting stronger. 

You don't need any intelligence at all to play this game anymore, just stack the boon spam classes and go push 1,2,3. That is it, that is all you have to do to win. Stack the boon classes and then push a couple of buttons. Don't even worry about dodge, you won't need it with stability bots, you will be ok. 

Boons, boons, boons,  ftw 🙂

• Like 5

That is how World Destructuring will be. If the commander with lot of play hours assigned to your team chooses to have a break from the game, it will be dead, and you will have no notification he won't be active like with servers. Now of course since there are people having breaks, there will be people returning from breaks too, but they might not be in your alliance linking. So your alliance might be at 20% predicted activity levels while enemies might be at 150%.

With monoservers, someone would try to at least cover some of the missing hours, but no one can cover someone they don't know is missing and even if they did, they would lack incentive to do so since alliance linking isn't long term like servers.

Now of course all alliance enthuasts are like "Just join guild with hundreds of people!", but it doesn't change the fact that we go from having multiple choices of enjoying WvW, to one.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Riba.3271 said:

If the commander with lot of play hours assigned to your team chooses to have a break from the game, it will be dead, and you will have no notification he won't be active like with servers.

This happens already with servers.  Popular pugmander leaves game and the server collapses.  Then everyone mass transfers to another "good" server.  It's always been important for server communities to develop new commanders and quit relying on their favorite.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

fights, I want fights. Last beta was filled with non-stop battles throughout the entire week. It didn't matter what time I logged in; there was always some defense or fight for the SMC to engage in. However, this week is different. Regardless of whether I log in during the day or at night, there are only a few guilds running around reset time, and unfortunately, I'm too busy with real-life obligations to play during that period. For the rest of the time, it's just people who never follow tag, flee from any confrontation, and lack knowledge about how to siege (seriously, you throw siege, and they just stay there, staring at it without building it and when they finally do, they again just stay there, staring at it without using it).

2 hours ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

Well I would suggest OP and anybody that have problems with zerging to work towards getting enough Gold and HoB to purchase a commander tag.

read above.

2 hours ago, Crazy.6029 said:

You don't need any intelligence at all to play this game anymore

tell that to my teammates.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Who plays 20 hours a day? System must think you carry the server with that participation level. I bet if you quit playing, your server would drop two whole status levels, from full to high.

Sadly, it's not uncommon.  From my estimation half the reason the server system has never worked is because a mix of no-lifers PPT'ing and bots running into walls.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

no, I did not. I'm not in a guild (if that's what you mean) and don't want to be in one because rolling over a weaker team with a 50-man blob of boons (like RAWR and KOIN did last week) is just as boring as being rolled over by a 30-man zerg 24/7.

Not picking a team is picking too. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Sadly, it's not uncommon.  From my estimation half the reason the server system has never worked is because a mix of no-lifers PPT'ing and bots running into walls.  

Where do you see bots? I haven't seen bots that did rotation on killing single NPCs and cap like there where for some time ago. If you talk about players leaving their character to run against walls at spawn points (which will still log these player out after some time) then it is more likely player that don't want to be put in queue when there is more players that go on online or zerg is jumping maps.

18 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

you owe me compensation for placing me on a team that is outnumbered a minimum of 20 hours a day and making me fight teams that literally have zergs 24 hours a day.

if you pull this alliances joke before I finish my legendary gear, I'll literally get myself banned a never return to this game.

That has been me, on my main acct (this one), every beta up to now.  Somehow my guild ended up on a new server this go around and it's not been too bad.

On 6/21/2023 at 9:03 AM, Omega.6801 said:

I think OP is probably okay with 30v30 or some relatively even match-up. I think they mean 5v30 which has been my usual for the past 2 weeks.