June 27 Balance Follow-Ups

Cal Cohen.2358

On 7/15/2023 at 3:32 PM, Sjentra.3409 said:

So 3 days till patch day; what's the over/under on none of our feedback over the last 3 weeks mattered and the patch notes will be 99% the same as what they posted on 6/29.

25 pages of passionate feedback and not a single response from Anet. As a new poster and person on the forums, maybe I set my expectations too high, but it's still disappointing.

Here, I'll summarize hundreds of posts into one sentence:

Put the pie back in the oven, Anet, it's still raw in the middle.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, Rayamon.4358 said:

Nothing on engineer, at all!? Been a very clear sentiment that mechanist feels terrible to play at the moment due mechanical genius having no grace period any more and the scrapper changes are also quite controversial and got many to go away from it! So we're going to be stuck in this state where support engineer either feels like crap or is fundamentally different from what many fell in love with? At least fix one of the problems that have been discussed on the forums for the past month!

You're playing the class who has been begging for turret changes for 8 years now. Internalize this.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 6/30/2023 at 11:46 AM, Marrek.5823 said:

Badly need to address the ICD on 'Heat the Soul' for Berzerker quickness, it's terrible as is, a long internal cooldown should not be tied to a key boon on skills you use every 2-3 seconds resulting in massive de-syncs. 

It needs to have quickness durations specific to each berzerk skill. Decapitate being the shortest, longbow or greatsword having much longer durations. 

Not only only constant desyncs, but it's funny how they adressed Willbender alac downtime due to mechanics but warriors are yet again left in the dirt. During mechanics berserk is totally wasted. I'm just standing there like an idiot watching it expire. Even outside of berserk... what am I going to hit with the burst skill? At least banners were rock solid. The only issue was placement as a lot of bosses move around quite a lot, but it was manageable.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mike.7983 said:

Wow post patch 100% of our feedback was tossed in the garbage. Nothing was changed since the past early notes detailed. gg cal for asking for imput and ignoring us.

Don't know what patch notes you're reading but there is an entire section of Elementalist nerfs that were not in the preview.

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Mike.7983 said:

Posting right before patch, predicting that 26 pages of feedback are 100% ignored and notes already set in stone since June.

yea... also over 100 pages from warrior... this balancing team..  The insults and curse words that this team describes have not yet been invented.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Wooo no fixes for ANYTHING.

I think the new "balance team" has a secret contract with whoever makes the most money fixing people's carpal tunnel issues.

Druid still has to heal OR give alac. So if you wanna go down in combat you better time it for the druid's CA phase if you want that glyph rez 😄
Also still locked to pets with 20s cooldown for their ability.

Scourge shade duration untouched, big shade (and eat the damage loss) or gtfo unless you want to idk... map your F1 to a floor pedal ?

Engi quickness also untouched...

Wasn't there something about moving away from the "omg must do max APM" gameplay? I really can't see it -anywhere- in the new changes.
Other than rev.
Enjoy being stuck on AA.

Seriously. Anet reply where? What the kittenatoring kittens in a kitten box is all this? Is this the direction for the new expansion as well ? MORE classes to sit on the shame-corner bench together with Rangers ?

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

At this point I think instead of a new balance lead or team, there needs to be a whole new structure for the balance team, cause whatever they've had for the past however many years just isn't working. Maybe a committee with 9 leads, one who mains each profession and actually knows them well.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Pie.2167 said:

I'm definitely regretting my prepurchase

There's probably still time to get a refund. Mass refund requests will likely be the only thing to make Anet reconsider where the kitten are they going with all these 'balance' changes 🤣

• Like 13