Why do ppl like Zojja?

Xperiment.6923

On 7/12/2023 at 3:37 AM, Kulvar.1239 said:

Zojja is useless because there is already Taimi-ex-machina.
Unless you want Zojja to talk down on you in a condescending tone, she brings nothing.

This.

ANet seems to struggle with representing asura as other than the smarter than you inventor trope...and there is very little point in having multiple of those hanging around.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

On 7/6/2023 at 4:11 PM, Xperiment.6923 said:

Thanks I was wondering about the Zojja hype for SoTA. I've definitely grew fond of Taimi. Even playing Asura Storyline Taimi is the only one that has had an impact for me. Glad to hear Eir still make an appearance after HoT. I really enjoyed her, she felt Sincere, Wise, Motherly...I wouldn't have wasted her like that.

SoTA

Secrets of The Apple

Tybalt return confirmed

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

I don't think it's really a matter of "we like zojja" but more a "why doesn't she show up like other DE members sometimes?". Basically, since she's not dead and years are passed, it's a shame that the character stopped evolving after HoT.

I appreciated Zojja at times (the voice actress surely helped), more than kitten kitten kittens like Rytlock or pathetic simps like Logan that everyone seems to like so much (maybe they are better in the novel? I hope so), but I can see the problem of keeping her and Taimi active at the same time; we actually had and have multiple active asura scientists at the same time, and they can provide interesting situations anyway, but it's true that Zojja and Taimi are very similar and potentially redundant.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/6/2023 at 7:47 AM, Xperiment.6923 said:

Over 4th of July I was finally able to finish HoT story so that puts me on LW3? Anyways cant remember her doing much of anything so far. Is it just Felicia Day simping? I was trying to do story in order, so does she get better as a character? I feel nothing when she talks.

Zojja was a mentor to my asura. She gave me wise advice when I was just noname researcher. She supported me when I was competing for the Snuff Prize. She was the first to recognize my intelligence and call me a savant. I was happy to help her when she asked me to join one of the orders (priory, of course!). I outraged so much when other asuras spoke bad about her! That is why I missed Zojja  so much!

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

Maybe the problem is less Zojja vs. Taimi and more the baseline asura personality, i.e., insufferabily arrogant know-it-all. I am trying to think of one asura NPC I would genuinely like as a person . . . Does Blish qualify? Otherwise, that Pact medic who lost her husband on one of your missions in Orr.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 7/21/2023 at 5:43 PM, Harfang.1507 said:

insufferabily arrogant know-it-all

Well, we, as humans, may not like that, but that's the asura predominant feature, the vast majority of them have the arrogant know-it-all trait line, some in a cute way, like Taimi, some in a grumpy way, like Phlunt, some in a moderate way, like yourself if your main character is asura, and others in a very smooth way while they still consider themselves superior to other races. There are some exceptions, like Blish, but Blish experienced something that surely can change a personality. Ceera is maybe the most "human" between them, but still, if charr are proud, sylvari are naive, norn are semplicistic, and humans are... humans, asura are arrogant.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2023 at 7:27 AM, Solvar.7953 said:

I didn't find any of the characters from the original story (Rytlock, Logan, Caithe, etc) very interesting.  Maybe it was just the very basic trope of 'you need to re-unite this group of adventurers', though most of the time I was thinking that they were not really useful, fairly whiny (we're trying to save the world here!) and really didn't seem necessary - the commander seems to be doing fine without them.

To me, there has been a general shortage of likable characters in GW2 (not to say there are not any, but they are rare occurance)

I liked tybalt but my boy died instantly

• Like 2

I think people just doesnt like open ends. Zojja was a massive open end. Which was even joked upon by taimi during the icebrood saga interlude. "And where the heck is Zojja???" 

The Zojja story line was just not finished. And was kind of mysterious why we didnt hear from her. Thats why.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2023 at 3:03 AM, Cronospere.8143 said:

I think people just doesnt like open ends. Zojja was a massive open end. Which was even joked upon by taimi during the icebrood saga interlude. "And where the heck is Zojja???" 

The Zojja story line was just not finished. And was kind of mysterious why we didnt hear from her. Thats why.

i thought it was made pretty obvious over the years that at some point she did wake up but had to go into extensive rehab as her status from rising flames to icebrood saga had gone from "still laid up" to "where the heck is she" which are very different things. people generally don't constantly talk to you on the radio or visit you while trying to re-learn basic concepts like moving their hands and feet again.

i imagine though that only someone who has had a family member who had a stroke would understand this.

snaff also made it sound like at some point zojja's mental scape may have been very close to the mists, (since they learned about taimi), but that seems normal for anyone in tyria who enters a state close to death, and sometimes while just sleeping or meditating.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134

Zojja is the most insufferable of Destiny's Edge. She and Braham are similar with their emotional baggage not being relatable. They're both twisted abusers, blaming their trauma on the people that mutually care for them. It happened when Zojja unreasonably blamed Eir for her mentor's death. It happened when Braham claimed that Eir wouldn't want the commander in Destiny's Edge.

Edited by Eloc Freidon.5692
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Zojja is the most insufferable of Destiny's Edge. She and Braham are similar with their emotional baggage not being relatable. They're both twisted abusers, blaming their trauma on the people that mutually care for them. It happened when Zojja unreasonably blamed Eir for her mentor's death. It happened when Braham claimed that Eir wouldn't want the commander in Destiny's Edge.

To be fair, anger is one of the five stages of grieving, thus it's not surprising hat they were behaving in irrational manners. On top of that, Braham was basically still a child at that time, so emotions running wild is not surprising either.

The biggest issue is that the writing and story-telling did not express this adequately.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/7/2023 at 4:11 AM, Xperiment.6923 said:

Thanks I was wondering about the Zojja hype for SoTA. I've definitely grew fond of Taimi. Even playing Asura Storyline Taimi is the only one that has had an impact for me. Glad to hear Eir still make an appearance after HoT. I really enjoyed her, she felt Sincere, Wise, Motherly...I wouldn't have wasted her like that.

I don't think motherly is a good word to describe her given her historical relationship with her actual son. 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 9:01 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

I don't particularly "like" Zojja. I found her extremely arrogant and/or annoying on several occasions, and when faced with the choice to save her or Logan, I didn't have to think twice on any of my characters 😁, except one, because I wanted to see if saving her would make for a different outcome (which it didn't, of course).

But, like many, I have been curious about her whereabouts and health status, so I am happy to see that addressed at long last.🙂

i just find her useless. i never understand the hype.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...