Why do ppl like Zojja?

Xperiment.6923

Over 4th of July I was finally able to finish HoT story so that puts me on LW3? Anyways cant remember her doing much of anything so far. Is it just Felicia Day simping? I was trying to do story in order, so does she get better as a character? I feel nothing when she talks.

• Like 12
  • Confused 4

you only really get to know zojja if you do the asura personal stories (all variants), and play the story dungeons as well. i think players mostly just like her because she's a half-decent asura whereas most asura are arrogant and snooty at least, and cruel at worst.

independant from her voice actor, the destiny's edge novel explores the character more in-depth.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1. Was the OG Asuran representative in the MC's group and eventually when the MC was invited to join Destiny's Edge themselves, a Guild member. She's also the Asuran MC's mentor of sorts before the Order mentor took over. 

2. She has a deeper backstory than most other characters due to Edge of Destiny novel.

3. Awesome voice work. I miss Felicia every Day. Pun intended. 

But real talk, I think there are more Taimi fans than Zojja fans these days. Taimi has had alot of time to grow as a character, which does make people miss Zojja even more because while Logan eventually returned to the spotlight and offered to take over Pact Commander duties from the MC, Zojja's fate was left relatively loose and that rubbed alot of people the wrong way. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Different people like different celebrities in reality.

Different people like to eat different types of food.

Different people like different colours.

Different people like different characters in movies/other media.

That's all there is to it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

12 hours ago, Xperiment.6923 said:

Over 4th of July I was finally able to finish HoT story so that puts me on LW3? Anyways cant remember her doing much of anything so far. Is it just Felicia Day simping? I was trying to do story in order, so does she get better as a character? I feel nothing when she talks.

The thing is, after HoT she is never mentioned again.

The issue you have with not being able to really relate to her is the same other people will feel about destiny's edge members other than their racial "mentor". They just don't get a lot of screentime if you don't play their race but on the other hand, if you play their race, you'll be interacting with them quite a lot.

People mostly got disappointed that while all other racial mentors stay relevant (Caithe, Logan, Rytlock, Eir not really tbh but at least she's featured in HoT in significant capacity at all) while Zojja just got completely sidelined for no perceivable reason.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Endaris.1452 said:

The thing is, after HoT she is never mentioned again.

The issue you have with not being able to really relate to her is the same other people will feel about destiny's edge members other than their racial "mentor". They just don't get a lot of screentime if you don't play their race but on the other hand, if you play their race, you'll be interacting with them quite a lot.

People mostly got disappointed that while all other racial mentors stay relevant (Caithe, Logan, Rytlock, Eir not really tbh but at least she's featured in HoT in significant capacity at all) while Zojja just got completely sidelined for no perceivable reason.

spoilers for heart of thorns

furthermore eir even returns in living world season 4 and end of dragons, and we still haven't seen zojja. they're literally bringing someone back from the dead more often than they're having zojja show up (even if she needs a change in voice actor), and that's not a good thing.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

Thanks I was wondering about the Zojja hype for SoTA. I've definitely grew fond of Taimi. Even playing Asura Storyline Taimi is the only one that has had an impact for me. Glad to hear Eir still make an appearance after HoT. I really enjoyed her, she felt Sincere, Wise, Motherly...I wouldn't have wasted her like that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I did not like Zojja in the book. I did not like Zojja during personal story. I found her insufferable in dungeons and I would not mind if she'd died quietly off screen never to be seen&heard off.

But then I also never cared about Felicia Day. So maybe that might be the reason why I do not care about that particular npc.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I didn't find any of the characters from the original story (Rytlock, Logan, Caithe, etc) very interesting.  Maybe it was just the very basic trope of 'you need to re-unite this group of adventurers', though most of the time I was thinking that they were not really useful, fairly whiny (we're trying to save the world here!) and really didn't seem necessary - the commander seems to be doing fine without them.

To me, there has been a general shortage of likable characters in GW2 (not to say there are not any, but they are rare occurance)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you just play the game, as a non asura, and don't read any books, etc ...Zojja is largely forgettable, imo.   It feels more like Felicia Day fandom who keep dreaming of the return.  Most people outside of gaming and web series viewers have no clue who she is (no disrespect, have enjoyed her creativity for many years now, but it's kind of niche).   Leaving the character mysteriously open ended only fueled the fire.  

• Like 7

On 7/6/2023 at 11:28 PM, Randulf.7614 said:

It’s a connection to the book and the early years of the game. People lamented not continuing the Destiny’s Edge story after Zhaitan and instead having to start with new NPCs 

Also 100% didn't help that LW S1 was not playable for all who miss it (until recently), so if you've never played the first meeting of these new characters and were directed to do LW2 and HoT, you're like "wait, what, why who, whaaaat?"

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I don't particularly "like" Zojja. I found her extremely arrogant and/or annoying on several occasions, and when faced with the choice to save her or Logan, I didn't have to think twice on any of my characters 😁, except one, because I wanted to see if saving her would make for a different outcome (which it didn't, of course).

But, like many, I have been curious about her whereabouts and health status, so I am happy to see that addressed at long last.🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I don't particularly "like" Zojja. I found her extremely arrogant and/or annoying on several occasions, and when faced with the choice to save her or Logan, I didn't have to think twice on any of my characters

I know, right?! I don't get the hype around the character either. In the book, she is a potent Elementalist, and apprentice of Snaff. In the game, she is an arrogant annoyance, that should be our mentor, but instead she goes "but Snaffs legacy this and that...". And her abilities are so badly represented in game, that most of the people make the error of thinking that she is an Engineer, because she has a golem.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, wasss.1208 said:

[...]most of the people make the error of thinking that she is an Engineer, because she has a golem.

She also speaks like a golem: "As-always-sylvari,-your-intent-is-good,-but-your-math-skills-are-subpar". She talks like R-Tron when it gathers mats.

Edited by Urud.4925
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

On 7/6/2023 at 9:26 PM, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

spoilers for heart of thorns

furthermore eir even returns in living world season 4 and end of dragons, and we still haven't seen zojja. they're literally bringing someone back from the dead more often than they're having zojja show up (even if she needs a change in voice actor), and that's not a good thing.

Zojja is useless because there is already Taimi-ex-machina.
Unless you want Zojja to talk down on you in a condescending tone, she brings nothing.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/12/2023 at 6:37 AM, Kulvar.1239 said:

Zojja is useless because there is already Taimi-ex-machina.
Unless you want Zojja to talk down on you in a condescending tone, she brings nothing.

Taim's story seems pretty much over for now, so I wouldn't be surprised if she took time off (similar to Rytlock and Braham after IBS) and Zojja replaced her, at least temporarily.

9 hours ago, Poormany.4507 said:

Taim's story seems pretty much over for now, so I wouldn't be surprised if she took time off (similar to Rytlock and Braham after IBS) and Zojja replaced her, at least temporarily.

For once, I would like to not have an Asura turning every aspect of magic into science they're too condescending to explain.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4