So when it the lag getting addressed?

RisenHowl.2419

Just now, LetoII.3782 said:

If you weren't standing inside 49 other people it wouldn't be an issue.. Jus sayun. 😉

it's not related to the number of people, there's a tonic that's broken or something similar. Every fight runs smooth until someone triggers it, then 10s+ lag spikes for the entire group. I've seen it happen with 30v30s multiple times in the last week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Spiral.3724 said:

I know it's per side, but we were just fighting on enemy team colour, not two teams at once. 

Curious if anyone else is seeing that. Could be an Arc bug.

it's not an arc bug. I'm pretty sure server size caps are adjusted according to wvw levels of all players per side or something similar. So you can stack 96 new accounts vs 40 pimped accounts

• Confused 2

20 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

This is what I was greeted with tonight for reset, had to relog to reset it, but then of course had reset queues and I didn't want to wait an hour to get back in. 🤷‍♂️

So it wasn't just me.  All the other players around me would just disappear and reappear...including my entire squad.  Happened about 3 times.  

"Where'd you all go?  Was it something I said?"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Getting big lag spikes in T1 EU, since reset too. Even during two way blob fights, which makes no sense. Kind feels like fps lag at times aswell, but it actually isn't, it's the server lagging and trying to catch up.

Edited by CrimsonOneThree.5682

Probably due to Scorched Earth AoE ticks hitting so many more players.

Servers can't handle the boon/condi timers and it's been a known issue in the format for years.  The more things that tick at once in close proximity, the worse it generally gets.

If we didn't have omniblobs pumping out boons and conditions like crazy, there wouldn't be lag lol.

Edited by DeceiverX.8361

On 7/7/2023 at 11:24 PM, XenesisII.1540 said:

This is what I was greeted with tonight for reset, had to relog to reset it, but then of course had reset queues and I didn't want to wait an hour to get back in. 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, Lupini.6938 said:

So it wasn't just me.  All the other players around me would just disappear and reappear...including my entire squad.  Happened about 3 times.  

"Where'd you all go?  Was it something I said?"

With Xen's example, agree have been seeing that quite often at reset after betas where it drops a group into the wrong borderland and then they vanish. Haven't been on the receiving end of that yet, that I know of. We are still getting various queue bugs and this might be related. People are asked to join and then dropped at the bottom of the waiting list as an example. This might be what that bug looks like from the other side, you are asked to join, you say yes, are ported in, transfer logic says, nope that's wrong, back to queue you go. That I have seen a number of times. 

17 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

last time I think was during beta week, I have lag was when a certain server's zerg of a certain guild was close to us, when were against other zerg, no lag, but as soon as that one comes near, lag. 

Sadly, this might be something different. Not saying no its not a thing, more it's a different thing. 

44 minutes ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

Probably due to Scorched Earth AoE ticks hitting so many more players.

Servers can't handle the boon/condi timers and it's been a known issue in the format for years.  The more things that tick at once in close proximity, the worse it generally gets.

If we didn't have omniblobs pumping out boons and conditions like crazy, there wouldn't be lag lol.

I think we are looking at a lot of different players reporting an issue of lag at a lot of different times and are different situations. Example some of these are in fights, some are in certain fights, some are at reset and initial load ins. Could these be related, yes. Could these be separate issues, yes. Could they both be issues, yes! So the more details we can get from people about who/what/where will help. Right now we have it was Col Mustard in the Library with the Berserker Longbow. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

i think that LAG already has an address: 1234 Online, Internet, Earth

lol, having played GW2 on satellite and now broadband, when I see people complain about ping. Its 🙂 . 'I remember when we had two sticks and a rock in the Warband! And we had to share the rock!.'

Latency sucks and it needs to resolved, but there a lot of factors so we need to filter them down to server side, client side, and distance impacts and traffic between client and server and that's not easy.

• Like 3

On 7/8/2023 at 11:15 AM, babana.7521 said:

last time I think was during beta week, I have lag was when a certain server's zerg of a certain guild was close to us, when were against other zerg, no lag, but as soon as that one comes near, lag. 

Same here. But i had lag all days after beta.