What other classes are you enjoying?

Xperiment.6923

10 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I swapped from Spellbreaker to berserker. 

Hammer/Rifle

Strength Down/Down/Down

Defense Down/Down/Down

Zerker Up/mid/up. 

Firework Rune. 

5 rage skills. 

No adrenaline problems. Both Primal Burst of rifle and hammer daze. 😁

Fast AF.  

Perma quickness and Fury. 

Durable thanks to defense. 

Stability on mass. 

Sundering leap > F1 > 6 > F1. Is a triple jump. 

Most fun I had in ages. 

why not just use rune of the pack

you got speed from quickness anyway.

and off combat you can just use mount

3 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

why not just use rune of the pack

you got speed from quickness anyway.

and off combat you can just use mount

I did use the Pack/signet of Rage combo for most of my build after the patch for perma swiftness.

However.

This lead to some problems.

First off, you sacrefice an elite slot. Then we need to look at the boons gained.

Swiftness is perma. Cool but only infight.

You hard overcap on fury .

You gain some might but the stacks are not perma and in reality are not that much needed.

I also dont run Disc. Which means no 10% dmg boost from swiftness. Making swiftness even less worth the investment.

Meanwhile.  Firework gives you a permanent speedbuff even outside of combat.

It still gives you Fury. That together with Heat the Soul and Wild Blow gives just enough uptime for comfortable gameplay.

The Movement speed stacks with AO. Which is fast enough on its own and in reality, you will get tons of swiftness anyway from other players.

Believe me. It tested builds basically everyday since the Patch to see how it plays and feels.  To find something fun.

I spend more time on the build calc then im willing to admit.

The Pack+ Signet of Rage combo simply didnt really provided me with what i wanted.

Thats my current build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKgAIRlRwaYOsFmJO+P/tMA-zRIYRUxfG1KFqQFo4DyAsC2YKAJnpHBA-e

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks

9 hours ago, Leo G.4501 said:

If you're talking about Arcing Slice, I'm a fan of using Signet of Fury for the fill-up of Adrenaline, the chunk of Ferocity and the short cooldown. If you take Signet Mastery, you can stack up even more ferocity for big crit Arcing Slices.

If you're talking about Dragon Slash (the charge up part), you need stuff to increase flow. Most straight forward option would be the utility Flow Stabilizer. The elite skill Tactical Reload will get you more Flow Stabilizer charges for more flow.

thanks

As a PvE player I only play my berserker for new content.

Besides that I used to play a lot of chrono back when it had some idendity left. Also PBM power holo, probably again when we have hammer. 

What else... I play scourge/reaper for fractals nowadays when I duo with my friend. For raids/10men content I have no preference anymore. Sadly everything keeps changing to feel and play the same.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2023 at 11:58 PM, Xperiment.6923 said:

Has anyone switched from their Warrior Main? I toyed the with idea of switching to Mechanist or Dragonhunter or Herald. I have more Heavy Armor unlock skins. I still log into my Warrior way more to farm mats, LW and Daily PvP. 

Yes I got a Thief,Ranger and a Guardian it's not a warrior but it will do until the devs decide to do something useful about the current state of the warrior xD

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 4:20 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I did use the Pack/signet of Rage combo for most of my build after the patch for perma swiftness.

However.

This lead to some problems.

First off, you sacrefice an elite slot. Then we need to look at the boons gained.

Swiftness is perma. Cool but only infight.

You hard overcap on fury .

You gain some might but the stacks are not perma and in reality are not that much needed.

I also dont run Disc. Which means no 10% dmg boost from swiftness. Making swiftness even less worth the investment.

Meanwhile.  Firework gives you a permanent speedbuff even outside of combat.

It still gives you Fury. That together with Heat the Soul and Wild Blow gives just enough uptime for comfortable gameplay.

The Movement speed stacks with AO. Which is fast enough on its own and in reality, you will get tons of swiftness anyway from other players.

Believe me. It tested builds basically everyday since the Patch to see how it plays and feels.  To find something fun.

I spend more time on the build calc then im willing to admit.

The Pack+ Signet of Rage combo simply didnt really provided me with what i wanted.

Thats my current build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKgAIRlRwaYOsFmJO+P/tMA-zRIYRUxfG1KFqQFo4DyAsC2YKAJnpHBA-e

Thanks for the build btw., very fun indeed. :classic_happy:

Other professions?

My brother in christ, you have the big bonk stick to unga bunga with. Why would you need anything else?

In all seriousness, I've tried Power mechanist but always fall back to my warrior. Spend so much time on it other professions seem weird to me. Ive run alts to unlock other apperances for my armours though.

• Like 1

Im mostly a solo player, Im playing Herald and Ranger

Its ridiculous how over powered these 2 classes are at self buffing and ease of play. not to mention better ranged options.

I love the clean animations of warrior compared to other classes. But Herald in particular is light years ahead of it for raw power.  Herald and vindicator It can stack itself every single buff except alac and have 25 might stacks and do better solo DPS than warrior.

The removal of quickness in tactics killed the playability of alot of specs for me. Having to choose aggressive onslaught over Might makes right limits alot of higher sustained specs IMO.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2023 at 9:58 PM, Xperiment.6923 said:

Has anyone switched from their Warrior Main? I toyed the with idea of switching to Mechanist or Dragonhunter or Herald. I have more Heavy Armor unlock skins. I still log into my Warrior way more to farm mats, LW and Daily PvP. 

I have used warrior as pve main with greatsword since day 1 and accumulated 9600+ hours on it, but with every day found it increasingly harder to be wanted in fractal/raid/strike groups, who usually would prefer boon dpsers and other classes that bring extra support/synergy buffs to the group. Doing bosses you constantly have to move away from them in order to do certain mechanics and just a sitting duck doing nothing for half of the time. At this point the only viable option of using warrior was playing open world, but since you get punished everywhere for being a melee class, only okish dps was balancing it. But now there's absolutely not a single reason to be playing it. This said, melee in pve already was garbage due to many reasons that doesn't let you effectively deal constant dmg, so I personally switched to an mesmer last year and don't even regret it. Best choice I ever made in this game. It will obliterate everything on your screen with perm condi spam, especially if you learn to properly choose your targets (usually mobs that are way further) for that massive aoe dmg. Also it's super easy to play and it feels that my efficiency improved nearly double due to several abilities that lets you do much more for your team and actually being able to carry in many instances.

• Like 1

After hearing about the various changes and patches, I'm starting to have faith that hedging my bets with Warrior is better than trying to swap around. Unless you like jumping on bandwagons to maximize the returns from the current broken mess only to have it pulled out from under you in a few weeks/months, I will probably stick with Bladesworn using Unyielding Dragon lol.

Ignorance is bliss. It hurts less when they nerf a class into the ground when you never got to experience that brokenness. I have a feeling my Herald is going to get an axe soon and they have their sites on Eles, Necros and possibly Guardian next. I'd say, can't nerf what isn't great but I've been caught by surprise before.

After more of a decade of maining warrior I cannot find myself to invest time into another class or spec given warrior has a lot of out dated weapons and abilities some of which were nerfed to the point of their is only 1 best in slot use. For all I know the moment I do swap to another class anet may pull the same kitten Resulting in me wasting gold on the investment.  Some may say go metas you can't go wrong with meta but meta often changes so then it becomes waste gold waste gold waste gold, Which then would make me question about playing different games in general. Idk I'm all out of hopeium and at this point I wouldn't mind seeing the new expansion flop and burn 🤣😂🍿

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/23/2023 at 4:38 AM, prototypedragon.1406 said:

After more of a decade of maining warrior I cannot find myself to invest time into another class or spec given warrior has a lot of out dated weapons and abilities some of which were nerfed to the point of their is only 1 best in slot use. For all I know the moment I do swap to another class anet may pull the same kitten Resulting in me wasting gold on the investment.  Some may say go metas you can't go wrong with meta but meta often changes so then it becomes waste gold waste gold waste gold, Which then would make me question about playing different games in general. Idk I'm all out of hopeium and at this point I wouldn't mind seeing the new expansion flop and burn 🤣😂🍿

That's what I feel I'm experiencing. I have some classe0s I leveled up in pve but have not played for up to 9 years. I returned last year and my main went bladesworn and was doing okay after I discovered all the new armor that was available. then the nerf hammer hit. Went to my engineer and the same thing happen. Now that my ranger is showing progress I noticed 3 days ago grumblings in the forums about nerfing his longbow, it took two weeks of play. 

Kind of like defending in wvw, I spend more gold then I make setting up siege but now that I'm not our keeps and towers stay bare for the most part and nothing about defense is mentioned. There's some of spiteful folks in game that can't stand to see others have a good time. they go out of their way to change things to be in their favor. 

That's why the game is screwed up... pvpers with influence getting things all twisted.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

What other classes are you enjoying?

Turning your question around, I say:

Warrior.

My main (first) character is (was?) an Elementalist, but I've recently become more and more inclined to play my second - warrior -, after levelling it to 80.

My third is a necromancer.

After recently getting the HoT and PoF expansions, I am yet to decide in which I will first invest time to get my first elite.

My Core Warrior packs 12k/s at the totem with my own boons alone, a personal record, while offering far more survivability than my Elementalist. On the field, the Elementalist sometimes delivers more... if he doesn't get one-shot killed in the process.

My Necromancer pales in comparison to the other two, in terms of damage dealing, but admittedly it's the one I have less experience in. Still, it's probably the most difficult to kill of the three. I do love it, especially since I've built it as a thick-carapaced biological bomb.

I do have fun with all three, but I'll be dammed if there is anything more fun than thrashing mobs with whirling axes, after smashing them to the ground with my maces.

Edited by Sepher.1583
Spelling

I do enjoy thief, ele and engineer each with their own reasons.

Theif for its analog feel and the amount of theory crafting I've done over the years. Plus its stealth makes getting materials in PvE a chill experience.

Engineer was my very first main and what got me started in PvP.

Trying to roam in WvW and duel in PvP as a glass staff ele gives me the best adrenaline rush among anything else. So much like thief it has an analog feel, but in a different fashion.

Edited by cyberzombie.7348

10 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I have been enjoying pistol pistol thief so much that

• I made HOPE specifically for my thief 
  • I get lectured in PvP about how it's busted constantly and told to play something else💀

I made HOPE in the run up to EOD before BSW got teased. Kind of miffed that we didn't get Pistol mainhand... I kitten well made sure to go pew pew some things on my thief though.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I made HOPE in the run up to EOD before BSW got teased. Kind of miffed that we didn't get Pistol mainhand... I kitten well made sure to go pew pew some things on my thief though.

Lan Deathrider worked as a most inferior, low scum dishonourable thief?!

My warrior is feeling like an orfan now...

5 hours ago, Sepher.1583 said:

Lan Deathrider worked as a most inferior, low scum dishonourable thief?!

My warrior is feeling like an orfan now...

Nah. When the game launched I made several characters to try out the professions with a fresh POV. Lan was my main in GW and I was thinking that whomever my main here would be his descendant in my head canon. I don't really play my thief much unless I want to pew pew. Ditto with my Engi. My mesmer is sitting at the NKC JP, though she was fun to clear EoD with as a Virt. I have a boosted ele that I haven't even dyed the armor on. My Charrdian, human necro/death cosplay, and sylvari ranger are the ones I play more often when I feel like it. I have a Norn Rev that I sometimes play. But I rarely touch my alts beyond using them to gift extra GoEs or a break from roaming in WvW as a warrior.