War Dagger lacks counterplay

Ovark.2514

Dag 3 is an instant CC which is bad design to start with but also allows the war to chain into all the other CCs it has on top of No Escape.

Breaching Strike and Aura Slicer need different animations so counterplay can happen. If this doesn't happen, Breaching Strike (F1) needs to loose unblockable.

Magebane Tether is still bad design 6 years later and is the only GM trait that is ever taken in PvP because of how abusive it is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 7

18 minutes ago, Ovark.2514 said:

Dag 3 is an instant CC which is bad design to start with but also allows the war to chain into all the other CCs it has on top of No Escape.

It's not instant and it's fully melee, there are worse dazes and are also RANGED and INSTANT, like Power Lock from Mantra of Distraction. If there are worse and *ranged* CCs why is the warrior one a problem?

25 minutes ago, Ovark.2514 said:

Breaching Strike and Aura Slicer need different animations so counterplay can happen. If this doesn't happen, Breaching Strike (F1) needs to loose unblockable.

Both are different, but yeah, needs a more clever difference.

27 minutes ago, Ovark.2514 said:

Magebane Tether is still bad design 6 years later and is the only GM trait that is ever taken in PvP because of how abusive it is.

No, just, no, it's NOT the only taken GM, Revenge Counter is also taken, specially when the enemy team has a lot of soft CC, blinds and weakness, It's mostly taken on Hammer builds.

And how is Magebane even abusive? Like if there are no resources to counter that.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Ovark.2514 said:

You mean that cc that's only 130 range in ONE direction?

So basically slow it down...

Actually, that is an important trait that allows warrior even a remote chance to stick to their target, which is all but impossible in this teleport, ultra-mobility shite-fest.

I just...can we JUST turn gw2 into a full-fledged hack-and-slash game instead of this action-rpg wannabe hack-and-slash? We already have Dork Soles for that...

• Like 3

...What? 

Of all the things to complain about. 

A quick rupt that you can outplay by stowing your weapon. 

And a Tether that you can deny by simply avoiding their burst skills. You can literally missplay, proc FC, dodge, and deny the tether.

SpB is top 3 most fair elite specs in the game. Heck you could even make an argumet to revert how FC works so burst traits proc when you hit it again. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Stalima.5490 said:

If that were true then why is every single warrior and their mother playing spellbreaker?

Because thats the most viable warrior elite spec in PVP, condi berserker is rising in the ranks but SB has been the go-to, if not only option for a LONG while.

People default to it in pvp for that reason id say.

• Thanks 1

@Ovark.2514 instead of lambasting you I'll walk you through your three points.

7 hours ago, Ovark.2514 said:

Its 130 range single target daze. Yeah, No Escape allows it to setup a hard CC follow up, but warrior is primarily a melee profession and it needs tools like this to keep targets in place so that it can do damage to them. As others have stated there are worse CCs in the game that are ranged instant cast CCs. This is actually very good design and I would counter that the instant cast ranged CCs are the ones with bad design, that that is a melee versus range discussion for another day.

They are different. Aura Slicer has a horizontal backswing with a glowing trail to highlight the swing and Breaching Strike is a lunging overhand stab, again with a glowing trail to highlight it. They are distinct, spend some time learning them better. I'm open to making the trails along the blade path bigger and more visible though so long as it comes with a 240 range on the attack portion.

Warrior not having a pull on the utility bar and being a primary melee profession is even worse design. It is taken because the melee profession needs tools to keep targets in melee range. If they sped up Longbow 1, 3, 5, F1 and gave LB2 the seven shot treatment and buffed the damage on Rifle 1, 3, 4 then you'd see warriors take a range weapon in the second weapon set more often and rely less on CC to get their job done.

You're complaining about the design philosophy of Warrior in the end. It was Anet's decision to give warrior subpar range abilities and to make them reliant on hard CCS to get their highly telegraphed attacks in on the more mobile opponents it has to fight. If Anet changes anything about this philosophy on warrior, then you will end up with warriors running fewer CCs.

• Thanks 5

4 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

Wtf is this Forum xD

The Meta:

Spellbraker is not even Close Meta

This Forum:

Yea nerf Spellbraker its too broken

Anet and the forum sometimes are like. "nerf everything than eat my boons even if its one, i want perma all boons and i dont like to be interrupted on my spam"

Edited by Aeolus.3615

3 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

If that were true then why is every single warrior and their mother playing spellbreaker?

Spellbreaker and Bladesworn.
Bunker condi zerker build is not exactly fun to play even if it's kind of effective.
Power zerker is useless.
Core does not bring anything extra.

Hard to play something else when you don't have that many viable options tbh (and they all play more or less same).

Edited by Greyrat.2378
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

because it's a noob killer, i wouldn't believe you if i haven't dropped to low gold and saw 4 spellbreaker per match LOL. but you wouldn't see a single one in like top150, personally, my rank isn't even that high and i probably see like one spellbreaker in every 20 matches. you can literally just go on any good player stream, and count the number of spellbreaker there are, you wouldn't need more than 2 fingers in a 5 hour session 

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

"If that's true, then why every single engi plays holo"

Do that means that holo is meta? Do you see what's wrong in your comment now?

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

"If that's true, then why every single engi plays holo"

Do that means that holo is meta? Do you see what's wrong in your comment now?

not really because there is no engi meta anymore, they basically killed every single engineer build by trying to specifically keep grenades viable to appease streamers.

It is extremely suspicious that whenever anything at all on the engineer approaches toppling the grenade kit they immediately nerf it by near 40% then leave this broken kit the way it is, even going as far as to buff it.

Edited by Stalima.5490
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Dagger 3 is a daze, you can still dodge and move. It’s better as a counter-strike than an opener, for which it isn’t great unless the opponent is bad.

Breaching and aura having different animations I agree with. They already have animations and are clearly discernible from one another, but it can be hard for newer players. Removing the gold particle effects from aura would help make the recognition window larger.

Magebane tether being “bad design” and “abusive” literally made me breath heavily through my nose in how dumb a statement that is. Magebane and full counter, regardless of whether you enjoy playing them or against them, are some of the better designed espec mechanics in the game. I won’t say they are the best, but undoubtedly numerous other especs are significantly more degenerate. Also MBT only became meta after the other GM traits on Warrior were repeatedly leaving it as, at first, the best option and, now, the only viable option.

Theres things you could complain about with spell that I would understand, like it’s ability to be immortal in cele gear, or how breaching hits exceptionally hard right now, or even how it can combo stuns with hammer. None of these are great arguments, but you picked even dumber ones, congrats. I hope this is a troll post xD

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1