why isnt willbender nerfed in wvw? ​​

Loke.1429

17 minutes ago, RazieL.5684 said:

reading things like this is why people mock these forums... WB is objectively broken, has the highest burst potential in the game with mobility riveling that of thief and some of the most overloaded abilities in the game yet here you are trying to defend it... it's just laughable...

The thief comparison is pretty apt.

A lot of people hate thieves.  Accordingly a popular request is to delete stealth.

But Willbender is basically a better thief.  The burst + mobility of thief plus sustain in the form of boon spam (including stability and protection), aegis, invulnerability, and the benefit of heavy armor, all of which is not stealth-dependent, is basically how thief would have to be redesigned if stealth were removed.  Pretty sure that wouldn't make them any less reviled.

A popular complaint about thieves is they get to pick and choose their fights.  This is also true of WB thanks to their top-tier mobility.

So... WB is approaching thief-levels of disdain.  Mostly because no spec should have it all: damage, sustain, and mobility.

Yet thieves have seen nerf after nerf.  While WB remains largely untouched, in WvW at least.

Is the outcry any wonder?

Edited by Twilight Tempest.7584
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

I am trying to stay away from this thread since been here too much and I don't even main a WB, but have an alt that is one to and figure out the what why. So we do have an upcoming change people might have missed where we will be able to set Guild Hall rules to PvE, sPvP, WvW. With that you might have more options to test and understand other classes options and abilities with guildmates. The current arena is not a bad place to take guildmates to walk thru options but the additional changes may open up more options if people are trying to figure out the what who and where. So more of an FYI for peeps that might like to test prior to going out, or for those that might be just trying to understand the what! How! Did that Happen! bits. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 11/1/2023 at 12:38 AM, Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

The thief comparison is pretty apt.

A lot of people hate thieves.  Accordingly a popular request is to delete stealth.

But Willbender is basically a better thief.  The burst + mobility of thief plus sustain in the form of boon spam (including stability and protection), aegis, invulnerability, and the benefit of heavy armor, all of which is not stealth-dependent, is basically how thief would have to be redesigned if stealth were removed.  Pretty sure that wouldn't make them any less reviled.

A popular complaint about thieves is they get to pick and choose their fights.  This is also true of WB thanks to their top-tier mobility.

So... WB is approaching thief-levels of disdain.  Mostly because no spec should have it all: damage, sustain, and mobility.

Yet thieves have seen nerf after nerf.  While WB remains largely untouched, in WvW at least.

Is the outcry any wonder?

Reminds me of the rant from yesterday morning where a DD got clapped by WB running full on PvE stuff ranting how WB has way too much survivability.. except that WB got folded by a single True Shot from a DH about 10 seconds later.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

reduce power damage, reduce immob durations, reduce resistance uptime.

Edit: I guess people don't want solutions, they want more outcry. 
Guys, Willbender => op. Why? Because boona, spid and bonk. Now please like my post.

Edited by XECOR.2814
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

Right.  Willbenders seriously need a nerf.  The mobility is the problem, they shouldn't have this much mobility with that much burst AND sustain.. They can just engage/escape at will, the boons, the damage it needs tuning down.  It's making WvW awful to play right now if you roam in small groups or solo.  It's broken and anet need to tune this spec down.

Edited by Loco.4561
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

21 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

Roaming experience past few years:

Play any other power spec -> Get farmed by unkillable cele builds -> Swap to willbender -> Win

True when facing a cele harb and maybe a cele cata, but not vs a cele vindicator unfortunately 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, kiwituatara.6053 said:

How has anet not address this yet with recent patch? WvW WB is seriously overtuned

Only thing you need to do is play your class better and you can beat them.  it'd say focus on avoiding sword 5/4 and you'll do better. 

WB are not any better than good builds on other classes atm, that's why they haven't been nerfed.

• Like 3
  • Confused 9

3 hours ago, kiwituatara.6053 said:

How has anet not address this yet with recent patch? WvW WB is seriously overtuned

And drawn back in. I blame myself. Not saying no, because I don't know in which way you mean. So do mind providing details? I ask this since I use the same runaway build, build hunters to go for Willy so I am trying to understand if its just that people haven't played it to counter it or are they already having issues with builds that have speed and condi or damage options and can't counter those as well, or is there some mystery build that is played by a select few that trigger these posts. And no, I don't main a Willy.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Sonork.2916 said:

Only thing you need to do is play your class better and you can beat them.  it'd say focus on avoiding sword 5/4 and you'll do better. 

WB are not any better than good builds on other classes atm, that's why they haven't been nerfed.

lets look at sword 5 skill;

750 range teleport

high damage

slow + immob on enemy

protection + resolution (25% crit + 10% damage)

whirl finisher

there is no weapon skill this much loaded.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, RaveOnYou.2819 said:

750 range teleport

high damage

slow + immob on enemy

whirl finisher

What numbers are you seeing with this landing? What defense numbers if you are being hit by it if you don't mind?

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, RaveOnYou.2819 said:

750 range teleport

high damage

slow + immob on enemy

whirl finisher

Sword 5 is a dash. It only triggers a teleport at the end of the dash if the target is in range. The range of the port isn't 750.

Protection and resolution are only added if you take vanguard tactics  in the willbender traitline and the trait only triggers if the target is close enough for the port on sword 5 to activate.

Resolution only gives 10% damage and 25% crit chance if you take retribution and righteous instincts in the radiance traitline.

Sword 5 is a set up tool. It is used to immobilize for either sword 4, f1 or gs2. 

I'm not sure if you're misinformed or you're intentionally being misleading.

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Kuya.6495 said:

Sword 5 is a dash. It only triggers a teleport at the end of the dash if the target is in range. The range of the port isn't 750.

Protection and resolution are only added if you take vanguard tactics  in the willbender traitline and the trait only triggers if the target is close enough for the port on sword 5 to activate.

Resolution only gives 10% damage and 25% crit chance if you take retribution and righteous instincts in the radiance traitline.

Sword 5 is a set up tool. It is used to immobilize for either sword 4, f1 or gs2. 

They've been intentionally exaggerating all this time.
Heck, I even saw somebody say WB has Stealth, thats peak comedy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

its radiant swordsbender in metabuild. i am not misleading anyone, there is two meta build for wb for roaming and this is one of them and mostly used one probably. btw dont try to bend reality 🤣 it sends you 750 unit far.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, RaveOnYou.2819 said:

its radiant swordsbender in metabuild. i am not misleading anyone, there is two meta build for wb for roaming and this is one of them and mostly used one probably. btw dont try to bend reality 🤣 it sends you 750 unit far.

This right here is the problem with reading things off metabattle and then thinking you understand how a build works without playing it first.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, RaveOnYou.2819 said:

guys dont underestimate people iq, you are playing this build mostly. people who dont believe can check meta roaming builds.

Way to dodge around the fact that somebody stated "WB has Stealth", you then added a bunch of gibberish that doesn't address the false claim.
Here you are conveniently claiming not 1 single person in this thread can be "low iq" enuf to believe the Stealth misinformation, while simultaneously claiming anyone who disagrees with your points have "low iq", you just flip flop your opinions around whenever its convenient for you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Guys, i changed my mind. 

100h or so after my last post, did macebender and swordbender(aka one shot or be one shoted).

Its not OP, maybe macro users is OP but rest is not, its actually easy to kill, easy to mitigate if u can see it coming too. 

Great class, wont like to play it tho, no nerf needed, nerf ele instead that kitten always deserves a nerf.

Mods close the thread, consensus been reached, nothing more will be find here 

P.s screencap this, in two more months people will start complaining about one shot soulbeast staff enjoyers 

Edited by Triptaminas.4789
P.s
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5