We need more information about new Legendary Armor Set and how will be the skin

The attitude of some if the posters here is appalling. Such bitter people because what they consider their rewards for the content that they like is now being made available to other people for their preferred content. Truly pathetic.

We do know what they've said here:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/new-rewards-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/

Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure will also introduce a new set of legendary armor: Obsidian armor. This will be the first set that doesn’t require heavy investment into raids or competitive experiences—instead, the various crafting components come from open-world gameplay in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure.

That implies that the armour won't require more than a minimum of instanced content and the grind will likely be purely open world. Probably running metas and rifts.

• Like 21
  • Confused 5

23 hours ago, Raknar.4735 said:

Man, there sure are a lot of people mad about OW getting a legendary set in here. They even use a smiliar rhetoric 😅.

Also, on the legendary armour effects:
Pretty sure it's just some effects in combat.
"A future release will introduce a brand-new set of legendary armor that becomes infused with magic in combat. Essential materials and components for legendary armor collection will be available beginning at launch, so you can build up resources right away!" - https://www.guildwars2.com/en/secrets-of-the-obscure/

Some people don't like others getting what they got.. And if they get it easier omg its apocalypse times.. If they ever wanted people back in the old Tyria dungeons they could add those to a ow legendary set.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 6
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

The attitude of some if the posters here is appalling. Such bitter people because what they consider their rewards for the content that they like is now being made available to other people for their preferred content. Truly pathetic.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/new-rewards-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/

That implies that the armour won't require more than a minimum of instanced content and the grind will likely be purely open world. Probably running metas and rifts.

Depends on what they mean when they say, "heavy."

If they think 100 hours in wvw or raids is not a heavy investment....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Depends on what they mean when they say, "heavy."

If they think 100 hours in wvw or raids is not a heavy investment....

It's open to interpretation but I take that to mean that the current sets require heavy investment in raids, wvw or spvp.

This one will require heavy investment in open world pve. So the time gated aspect will be some new pve currency rather than Legendary Insights, Skirmish Tickets or Ascended Shards of Glory. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

I cant understand what happens in their brain, to get my raid heavy armor was just some weeks killing NPCs with scripted actions, nothing complex.
The WvW was a pain, because i got the sublime mistforged ligh set + Conflux, almost 8 months i think.
Now i just want to see how will be the medium set from PvE open world and some want to see a garbage skin just to feel special killing the same NPCs every week

Edited by KarlMarx.5910
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

13 hours ago, Caitmonster.9036 said:

People begging for an OW legendary set: "We don't care if it has animated skins it can look like basic armor, we just want it for the stat swapping convenience."

Also people begging for an OW legendary set: "We want it to have special animations and effects that are even better than the sets that require actual effort!!11"

Sure hope nobody hurt themselves shifting the goalpost so fast. 😆

I never said it's fine if it looks plain or has no skin. I always insisted the quality needs to be worthy of legendary tier (and that WvW and SPvP sets should get their legendary skins too, btw). I was aware then (and i still am) that another animated set is probably unlikely (due to how long it took to make then), but that doesn't mean i liked it.

Also, most of the people with "plain armor" suggestions were those that actually didn't want PvE legendary armor to be released (and usually paired it with other absurd requirements, like 2 years of everyday farming and 4k gold, or something like that).

So, i don;t really see that "shifting the goalposts". What i see are people sore they didn't manage to prevent OW from getting its own legendary armor set.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 9

On 7/22/2023 at 6:26 AM, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Did they say anywhere that the new armor will not require strikes? I have a feeling it will be another turtle situation.

Many people, myself included, thought they were talking about OW legendary armor sets and they didn't say otherwise anywhere either.

But no, they didn't specifically exclude strikes. And I believe that if they do include anything but OW activities, there will be a kitten storm. And it will all be Anet's own fault if that happens. We shouldn't have to dissect their words. It's not a legal document. Their language should be clear. Come to think of it, they didn't even exclude anything if you read it down to the letter.

Look at it this way. Just thinking out loud here, but the topic of OW or OW+ has been discussed in various places. Anet surely will have picked up on that. The fact that they're not saying anything is either because they haven't decided fully yet or are being purposely ambiguous about it because they know it will get a negative response from many players.

Let's be honest, the legendary armor sets will come out next year and that's when they will already have our money for the expansion and many people will be invested into preparing for the release of them. Some players might be too invested to turn back at that point. Some food for thought perhaps.

At first I was thinking that I might get the medium set from SotO (I already have the heavy and light sets from WvW) but perhaps it's better I get it from WvW also, I have plenty of time after all  and medium armor is not a priority for me. I'm sure the new sets will look really cool with effects on them but I just care about the QoL of legendaries. As I said, just thinking out loud here but I think that's the best way to go for me actually so that I don't get too invested into SoTO legendary armor. It's better that way so I don't risk being too upset about it. 😄🤣

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

When they say that "the varoius components come from Open World gameplay", then it means they come from OW content only.

It sahs, "the various CRAFTING components." Currencies, collections, achievements, and more might not be considered crafting materials or crafting components. If they say there will not be a required HEAVY investment in instanced gameplay rather than that there will be no such game play required it leaves them some wiggle room. We will see.

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

On 7/22/2023 at 6:38 AM, Ashen.2907 said:
On 7/22/2023 at 6:26 AM, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Did they say anywhere that the new armor will not require strikes? I have a feeling it will be another turtle situation.

No. They never said that it wouldnt involve strikes.

On that note: they also never said that they wouldn't require raids / competitive content either. Just that it wouldn't require as much engagement with said content as the previous sets.

Now I would be surprised if they actually ask you to do a specific raid but I can see them adding both Legendary Insights and GoB to the list of the required items (the former of which can ofc. also be earned by playing strike CMs).

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/22/2023 at 6:18 AM, Dante.1508 said:

I like the new ninja style one myself, its the first legendary armor i've liked visually. But i'm not sure i really want to go through that type of grind.. and the legendary runes nerf bothers me.

I actually don't like the ninja one. That's supposed to be used by Engineer and Ranger as well, and it doesn't fit either of them in the slightest. It works exclusively for thief, but even then it's a questionable design. The Heavy looks good and is actually class neutral, the light looks kinda horrible but is also class-neutral. Frankly it looks like it's designed exclusively for Joffrey cosplayers....

The medium one only works if you want to play a sinister looking ninja, as a thief.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Anet want more information on that as well. the designer just finished his concept art tho.

a lot confused downvotes thats ok but any of u interested in show me that morethan concept art exist?

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

On 7/27/2023 at 7:21 AM, Balsa.3951 said:

Anet want more information on that as well. the designer just finished his concept art tho.

a lot confused downvotes thats ok but any of u interested in show me that morethan concept art exist?

If they are selling a product announcing something based in nothing more than a concept is a clear example of stellionate. 
Being just a concept they can't announce being part of the product.

• Confused 6

On 7/26/2023 at 4:24 AM, wolfyrik.2017 said:

I actually don't like the ninja one. That's supposed to be used by Engineer and Ranger as well, and it doesn't fit either of them in the slightest. It works exclusively for thief, but even then it's a questionable design. The Heavy looks good and is actually class neutral, the light looks kinda horrible but is also class-neutral. Frankly it looks like it's designed exclusively for Joffrey cosplayers....

The medium one only works if you want to play a sinister looking ninja, as a thief.

I generally mix and match my gears anyway.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Yeah personally I’m only interested in the heavy one for the aesthetics of what we’ve seen so far. Just utility I’d do either WvW or PvP (plus WvW light and PvP medium are waaaaaay better aesthetically) 

I really want to learn more about the crafting process, to be preparing. I’ve been hoarding gold, clovers, and the like, and got almost two stacks of WvW potions, hoping that that may unlock some of the skins that they did mention will be required as part of the process. But without anything more to go on, just kinda been passively building higher tier stuff 

On 7/24/2023 at 5:29 PM, Ashen.2907 said:

It sahs, "the various CRAFTING components." Currencies, collections, achievements, and more might not be considered crafting materials or crafting components. If they say there will not be a required HEAVY investment in instanced gameplay rather than that there will be no such game play required it leaves them some wiggle room. We will see.

Everything that goes into a legendary armour piece is a "crafting component" though. It's all put into a crafting recipe or the Mystic Forge. If you need an achievement or a currency obtained from raids or strikes or one of the competitive modes then you can't say that "the various crafting components come from open-world gameplay". 

There is no need for them to be duplicitous here, this armour will only require open world gameplay. A lot of it, I'd guess.

Edited by Pifil.5193
Weird formatting
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 11:34 AM, KarlMarx.5910 said:

This is weird, Envoy skin currently just keep special by the chest part, we have alot of better skins by gems and BLC, we will keep the legendary history stopped on the time because the armor crafted killing npcs need be "special"?

It's to keep raid carries in business. Same reason LFG needs zero updates.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Confused 4

On 7/29/2023 at 11:36 PM, KarlMarx.5910 said:

If they are selling a product announcing something based in nothing more than a concept is a clear example of stellionate. 

You haven't been around here when they announced raid legendary armour at the HoT reveal event, were you?

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You haven't been around here when they announced raid legendary armour at the HoT reveal event, were you?

Is a permission to do the same mistake forever? I dont care about what they make when they revealed the old raid armor, i'm talking about now and what they need do now.

Some guys here act like npcs working to Anet, wtf, they are selling a product, they need show us what we are buying, being a game is not a permission to do stupid things.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, KarlMarx.5910 said:

Is a permission to do the same mistake forever? I dont care about what they make when they revealed the old raid armor, i'm talking about now and what they need do now.

Some guys here act like npcs working to Anet, wtf, they are selling a product, they need show us what we are buying, being a game is not a permission to do stupid things.

It was not a permission. It was a statement of fact. They can indeed do that, which is shown by how they already did it before. Saying that they can't is just denying reality.

Now, if you meant to say that they should not, that's a separate matter.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Im still waiting for anyone can show me Anet finished more than concept art.

If they had more than concept art u would seen a video by now of it in action.

same goes for the new weapons. The non existing show from Anet makes me really worry 1 months till SOTO.

Remember how EOD was hyped ? 

The most impressive stuff they show so far is drawings. 

• Confused 4

At this moment I'm convinced that's wrong. And it's not "nothing more than concept" since you saw some trailer and screenshots of something, which means... they're already selling you more than a concept.

Not only they can, but they also told you you're not getting it until later updates. So... do what you want with that, but your repeated "they can't!" won't change the reality.

17 hours ago, KarlMarx.5910 said:

Then wait until the release before you pay for anything, what's the issue here?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

Im still waiting for anyone can show me Anet finished more than concept art.

If they had more than concept art u would seen a video by now of it in action.

same goes for the new weapons. The non existing show from Anet makes me really worry 1 months till SOTO.

Remember how EOD was hyped ? 

The most impressive stuff they show so far is drawings. 

Everyone should be skeptical when it comes to Anet.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3