Waiting for "dynamic" events.....yawn

Still trying to progress this Astralaria collection, and constantly stuck sitting bored in front of the screen waiting endlessly for these stupid random events that never spawn. I can't risk going afk to do something useful, I can't keep teleporting around to "check" for events, because the moment I leave, I'll miss the event I'm waiting for! I can't use LFG because, there is nothing in LFG, and if I list my own LFG, nobody comes to help! :\ No communication on map chat that is helpful.

Soooooo boooooooooooooooooreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed...................................................

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

No doubt, Astralaria is a huge endeavor... but while not all events are on a scheduled timer, not sure they are 'random'... most follow some kind of progression; they either reset periodically or occur within a chain of events... Use the wiki to help map it all out to plan; in most cases you'll find that it can at least relieve some of the un-predictableness that you are experiencing...

Hang in there and best of luck!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I did the luminescent armor for the first time recently. Had to stand around in Caledon Forest waiting for a level 2 event to happen. I spent my time running around killing everything that moved because I could at least get jade scavenger drops and dancing around Warden Annwyn chanting "can we relight the lamps now?"

The chanting was mostly when a low level character would come into the area, so I wouldn't be insta-killing everything before they could tag it.

Yeah, it was kind of weird having to wait around a level 2 area as a fully geared, especced 80. But it was kind of nice to have a reason to visit an area I've only zipped through on a mount in recent memory. It felt like  along time, but it might have been twenty minutes or so? I've waited that long for a meta to start.

I guess it's all about mindset. If you can see these kinds of collections as a journey to be experienced, as opposed to an obstacle in the way of your goal, they might end up being fun?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Temple of Dwayna and Gates of Arah, for items for the Astralaria collection.

At least with Gen1 legendaries, you did things that were USEFUL like map completion and getting materials. You never had to sit for hours on end bored out of your head, waiting aimlessly with your thumb up your behind waiting for events that NEVER happen! -.- Talk about boredom..............................

• Like 5
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Once you no longer need the events you'll find that they are always up every time you are near the area.

This is very true. It follows the same rule as there never being any wood to farm if it falls on the day of a daily in Maguuma. Even though it’s a jungle. Or ore in Ascalon on a daily task. It all vanishes then…..

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So true, the amount of times I've been on the map and seen "Dwayna temple event" in map chat. The moment I need it, I can spend hours looking and find nothing.

Bunch of other players at the location as well, all asking each other "how long have you been waiting?". Clearly something needs to be done about these stupid events.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Orr temple events are by far the worst. First of all start all the legendary collections you can so you might finish some of these by the way. Maybe you get lucky and you finish three of these completely by chance just running through (happened to me once).

Otherwise I just park a character there and login on him every once in a while and maybe wait a bit if I don't get too bored. Just make sure you're waiting at the right spot. Often it can be either attacking or defending event and based on the status you will need to check both.

And yeah if there was one thing I could change about collections is delete these kitten temple events in Orr.

• Like 3

If you have multiple characters, I recommend parking your extra characters at each of the events that you need. Then, any time you have time to log in, cycle through your parked characters to check. Doing this, it never took me more than 3 days to complete any event necessary for legendaries.

Also, it helps to just go with the flow instead of feeling like you need to dedicate a lot of your time to get the legendary right now. Since there is no subscription for this game, there is no need to rush. Missing the events won’t kill you. You’ll eventually get them.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

These events can be boring to wait for. When I did Astralaria, I was part of a guild that did "specials". Events that include treasure hunter drops and other rare drop events. They would shout out when these events were up and it helped a lot with this collection. If you see a guild recruiting in map chat that includes "specials", it may be worth joining it for these items.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I feel this since I was doing EoD achievements and you have those event chains achievements. You wait and wait and after that you get "wrong" event and wait again. Would be nice to have events with starter NPC be it single event chain of events. Some events have that and it is god send and take a lot less time since noone is doing events on majority of maps.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/5/2023 at 12:16 AM, Sparetent.9756 said:

Exactly, so instead of updating the leggy crafting collections, they force us to endure this crap?! Seriously lame. I wish the devs were forced to actually PLAY this crap before putting into action.

It wouldn't be a legendary journey if it was easy.   And in the end, you'll have proof of all the hardships you endured.     Meanwhile, my Axe has been done for years; and I did it late.   Only had to check once for bugs, since the Arah event is branching.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/7/2023 at 8:22 PM, starlinvf.1358 said:

It wouldn't be a legendary journey if it was easy.   And in the end, you'll have proof of all the hardships you endured.     Meanwhile, my Axe has been done for years; and I did it late.   Only had to check once for bugs, since the Arah event is branching.

I agree if the final reward actually felt legendary.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1