"gUiLD WaRs 2 iS a dEAd GAme"

Arnox.5128

Dead? What a joke. Big news like this: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure-launches-today/ is hard to find in other mmorpg's (for example Swtor). Everything here .. many exciting details about new expansion, what’s coming out over the next several months, update 1 update 2 update 3, truly celebrating 11-th anniversary, not mention roadmap. No comment. Arena net really cares about their game and i so happy i started this and not other mmo, 7 years ago.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

7 hours ago, Mirror.3521 said:

Dead? What a joke. Big news like this: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure-launches-today/ is hard to find in other mmorpg's (for example Swtor). Everything here .. many exciting details about new expansion, what’s coming out over the next several months, update 1 update 2 update 3, truly celebrating 11-th anniversary, not mention roadmap. No comment. Arena net really cares about their game and i so happy i started this and not other mmo, 7 years ago.

Does EA still own the SW gaming license anymore? 

6 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Does EA still own the SW gaming license anymore? 

As i know yes. 
And in last weeks massive changes have been made as EA moved development of SWTOR from Bioware to Broadsword Games (new studio). Serwers to the cloud included. Maybe this will change things to better finally.

Edited by Mirror.3521
  • Confused 1

Guild Wars 2 been dead for a long time. Speaking of it; I finally finished watching Gamescom 2023 on youtube. Now, there are more reasons to imitate how Anet treats the PvP and WvW Community by not giving a kitten about us. In fact in todays "balance" patch...Anet once again increased more power-creep to the game. 

The Lies keep piling with having the same message, "we hear your concerns and we are listening to you"

"They don't lie to you because the truth will hurt your feelings. They lie to you because the truth might provoke you to make the choices that won't server their interests."

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

gw2 is not dead game its just not popular like the big mmo. for example right now world of wacraft which is a garbage game have nearly as much viewer right now as gw2 on twitch without the launch of new expansion and twitch drops . 

In conclusion Gw2 just not popular compared to others

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 8/23/2023 at 9:03 AM, Rendalmj.3152 said:

gw2 is not dead game its just not popular like the big mmo. for example right now world of wacraft which is a garbage game have nearly as much viewer right now as gw2 on twitch without the launch of new expansion and twitch drops . 

In conclusion Gw2 just not popular compared to others

Shame because WvW was real hyped.

• Sad 1

There's no way this game has 14 million monthly players. 80% of my guild hasn't even logged in an over a year and some of these people would play daily even if just for 2 hour time slots to do dailies.

I was in the brand new map last night and got called to a new map like 3 times. 

If we had 14 million subscribers this game would have a lot more focus and resources. Not being a debbie downer or anything, just saying there's no way this is accurate. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/22/2023 at 3:00 AM, Arnox.5128 said:

https://activeplayer.io/guild-wars-2/

Yep. 15 million plus monthly players. Very super dead, guys.

Just wait, free dailies  are gone xD now Bot's and players with 100+ accounts will resume  to 1 or 2 accounts.

Until there will be updated bot emulators to match up with the new dailies  that 15mil will drop

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gerebos.1065 said:

Just wait, free dailies  are gone xD now Bot's and players with 100+ accounts will resume  to 1 or 2 accounts.

Until there will be updated bot emulators to match up with the new dailies  that 15mil will drop

It won't drop, because that number is the number of accounts in the game. If GW2 had 15 million monthly logins it'd be more popular than WoW, considering WoW has ~8mil active subs.

• Confused 1

Yeah, dead game, literally no one in maps, events, strikes/raids, even forums... It's only me and 500 thousands of AI bots 😔

But seriously - are any of you having problems finding people to play with? No? Then it's enough players.

Edited by Debesyla.7102
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bast.7253 said:

I was in the brand new map last night and got called to a new map like 3 times. 

I've had this happen in the new zone too.

US Eastern prime time, less than a week after the expac drops, seeing multiple "there are few players remaining on this map" prompts is not an encouraging sign.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/21/2023 at 8:00 PM, Arnox.5128 said:

https://activeplayer.io/guild-wars-2/

Yep. 15 million plus monthly players. Very super dead, guys.

Yeah, dead.

If you believe the 15 million nonsense, I have a bridge in Jupiter to sell you.

First, the only relevant number is the concurrent amount. Second, total subscriptions are 'clever' ways for game studios to advertise how "active" they are.

It's like saying that 100 people came to the party when in reality only groups of 3-4 constantly came in and out throughout the night, drank some punch and left.