New dailies/weeklies [Merged]

Actually, I like the new system. It's hilarious how often easy to do everything under 15 mins tops just outside of Amnoon (strictly PvE) and bought up every gold and mystic coins (for selling in bulk on the TP) from the AA shop. Since the WV arrived I was able to swap those hundreds of gold (plus some of my reserve) into 1600 gems... Before the WV it was a hard and painfully slow work (for me). And I still skip a lot of daily/weekly items, like JPs, fractals, or activities. I never finised about 20% of the dailies (don't care about the AP loss / boosters). But no more inventory / bank space clutter from the daily thrash, at last! (I still wish to swap those unused bank stacks for some useful things.)

However, I feel for those think the new system "robbed" them from their choices (it is true), but I still feel also the coming of the new 4th option on every daily page will create more grudge from those selected multiple gamemodes on WV. We clearly lost the variety from the old system, the new one is too bland and easy. And I want my bouncy boxes back, they're too satisfying to click on! The new UI user experience (UX) is horrible.

PS: I'm a very casual solo player. I play on and off (mostly on) since '15. I have everything until the end of LS4, but skipped entirelly / not purchased EoD and SotO. I gritted my teeth and finished PoF only for the griffon unlock, never finished anything else (I started the other episodes mostly for the map unlocks only).

Edited by zistenz.1945
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The daily event I lament the most is getting 3 player kills in WvW.  It is way too random.  I have to either provoke enemies by taking simple objectives and hope the person who comes to fight me is both alone and worse than I am.  Or... I have to join a zerg and hope that I get lucky enough to be fighting groups of weaker enemies, so I can get the kills.  Last time I had to provoke enemies, I had taken down several walls of a keep before somebody showed up to fight me.  If things don't go well, I could spend hours trying to get those 3 kills.  

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

This game has multiboxers and afk botters. 

Why are you making me play keg brawl just to have (similar names since I forgot their actual ones) "Vegeta Free Five" and "Vegeta Free Six" on my team and "Vegeta Free Seven" on their team, all afk at the goal.

If anyone suggests just afking as well, then that just re-affirms "Take out Activity from dailies" cuz its useless. I really cant stand multiboxers, but if theres 0 consequences for them, I can understand why they dont care. But dont make me play a mode with them. Not to mention those blobs of necros afking at the new weekly mob locations. Like there is a reason its 1 per account. But no visible consequences.

• Like 10
  • Confused 4

Just now, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

we also don't care thers multiboxers/afk botters

Who is we? Youre speaking for all of anet ? Youre speaking for all players ?

And I know some people don't care about them, obviously since they still exist every day. 

Just don't force people to play with multiboxers for a daily. Or should I rather say don't make people afk with multiboxers for no good reason. Cuz standing around for 10 min doing nothing is such fun.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Activity, a pvp competitive game mode

I mean ... "pvp" I can understand and therefore somewhat agree it doesn't belong in that category, but competitive?! The daily is not even "win" an activity, just participate. A competition implies it'd matter whether you win or loose, not the case here.
Honestly, just get in right before taking a toilet break or getting a drink if you can't be asked to play it, its free completion.

Also to OP, the very reason people resort to multiboxing is because its completely deserted and takes a while to queue in (especially if you wanna grind those achievements), not to manipulate some inexistant leaderboards for minigames no one cares about lol

They'd just delete those activities entirely tbh, its a literal waste of server ressources

Edited by Taclism.2406
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

The daily event I lament the most is getting 3 player kills in WvW.  It is way too random.  I have to either provoke enemies by taking simple objectives and hope the person who comes to fight me is both alone and worse than I am.  Or... I have to join a zerg and hope that I get lucky enough to be fighting groups of weaker enemies, so I can get the kills.  Last time I had to provoke enemies, I had taken down several walls of a keep before somebody showed up to fight me.  If things don't go well, I could spend hours trying to get those 3 kills.  

I think you should have a kill 100 players weekly to match the kill mobs pve weekly.

/s off

Nah the kill dailies in wvw old system was one of the more annoying one that and the defend tower.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Taclism.2406 said:

I mean ... "pvp" I can understand and therefore somewhat agree it doesn't belong in that category, but competitive?! The daily is not even "win" an activity, just participate. A competition implies it'd matter whether you win or loose, not the case here.
Honestly, just get in right before taking a toilet break or getting a drink if you can't be asked to play it, its free completion.

Also to OP, the very reason people resort to multiboxing is because its completely deserted and takes a while to queue in (especially if you wanna grind those achievements), not to manipulate some inexistant leaderboards for minigames no one cares about lol

They'd just delete those activities entirely tbh, its a literal waste of server ressources

There's an afk timer that kicks you out so you can't just get in, go do something else, and come back for a free completion. This is true even in that race activity. Even after you cross the finish line, you still have to move around. Otherwise, you get kicked...

AFTER you already finished the race, you get kicked for afking...

The logic, Anet... 😑

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

There's an afk timer that kicks you out so you can't just get in, go do something else, and come back for a free completion. This is true even in that race activity. Even after you cross the finish line, you still have to move around. Otherwise, you get kicked...

Lol well that gotta be new-ish, I defenitively remember afking those pre soto.
Or it could be rng on lobby - like if you enter a match that's 3 minute from the end you can just afk since the timer would take too long to kick in? 

I never used to do these for dailies, except for Sanctum Sprint (because I like that one). If Activity was a daily while any of the other ones were in rotation, I'd do the other remaining PvE daily or a WvW daily. Since I've turned the latter off (since it can require doing OS, which depletes Participation, and EotM, which is dead), hate PvP and we now need to do all 4 dailies to complete it, I'm "forced" to do these activities now as well. It remains to be seen whether it will start to annoy me over time. Right now I just sit my character's kitten down and get a drink or take a bio break. 😖🤣

Edited by TheNecrosanct.4028
Spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

AFTER you already finished the race, you get kicked for afking...

The logic, Anet... 😑

Yeah, that extra sucks because I'm usually really good at Sanctum Sprint (I used to do that activity all the time when it first came out), so I finish well before other people do, and I have to keep moving around while waiting for the race to finish. 😞

56 minutes ago, Taclism.2406 said:

Lol well that gotta be new-ish, I defenitively remember afking those pre soto.
Or it could be rng on lobby - like if you enter a match that's 3 minute from the end you can just afk since the timer would take too long to kick in? 

Iirc, race has always kicked you if you AFK'd too long because I remember getting kicked out ages ago because I finished first and then AFK'd waiting for everyone else.

• Like 1

I'm imagining PvE, PvP, and WvW players trying to dump activities onto each other because nobody wants these.

PvE players: Activities are basically PvP. Dump it on them.

PvP players: They're barely PvP. Dump it on WvW players.

WvW players: We already have to deal with EotM. Dump it on PvE players.

• Haha 4

I have to admit that since the implementation of the new system I have been finding myself half-afk or even leeching events I would have skipped in the old system because I had many choices before the change. I never, ever leeched an event before. Might be time to take a break and enjoy New World or FFXI again.
I'm not enjoying the lack of variety and choices at all, it's only been two weeks and I already got many repeats. One more choice won't even be enough for me, I wish for all the choices we had before to be back.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I own up to EoD, and select PvE only events, and I've had to catch 5 fish at least 2 times for the new system.

As time passes and more data is collected, it will be clearer to see if the amount of options it pulls from is in fact really limited (based on data so far, there are not many JPs in the list), or if the random selection has just been really poor.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I had catch five fish as a daily on one of my alt accounts.

As long you don't have to catch a certain specie of fish, then it shouldn't be a problem. It when you actually need to catch a special fish for daily it would feel very frustrating to have to spend all day just to get those special type of fish to be done with daily.

There are plenty of water to fish in (in both SoTO maps and core maps, outside of EoD and other maps) so it is pretty easy to summon boat, get on it and bring out your fishing gear. Just make sure you have high enough fishing power on fishing gear and use some consumable that can increase it (to slow down that bar where you have to catch your fish).

• Like 1